Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Anybody know what the fitness test might consist of? Wondering will the step test be part of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

bono_v wrote: »
    Dfb allow you to get laser treatment to meet eyesight requirements so I'm sure airport would be the same. There is a few paramedics in the airport alright but I didnt know they planned on training all new recruits up to paramedic level?? Can anyone confirm this? I do know that alot of qualified paramedics have applied for the jobs.

I know fulltime & retained firemen who applied for airport. Many who are EMTs also.

As you say, paramedics too.

Tough competition

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Bro81 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the fitness test might consist of? Wondering will the step test be part of it?

It said nothing about a fitness test. There is physical assessments which is completely different than a fitness test so once you have moderate fitness you should be okay to undertake the physicals.

Yes it's a tough competition but people shouldn't be put off applying for the role just because there are full time fire fighters and paramedics applying also.

Who's to say this is what the DAFS is looking for? Maye they want people who are fresh minded and not already in an "old sweat" mentality

Yes it's a tough competition but people shouldn't be put off applying for the role just because there are full time fire fighters and paramedics applying also.

Who's to say this is what the DAFS is looking for? Maye they want people who are fresh minded and not already in an "old sweat" mentality

I tend to agree with you, they will definitely take on a mix though I'm sure of that. The recruits will be of people with no fire experience up to lots of experience.

In fairness why wouldn't they want firemen as well because they've already proved they can be firefighters and handle the training .

Just my opinion. Who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Exactly bro81,
    Daa are looking for people they can train up themselves. So anyone can be their ideal candidate so just take each assessment one at a time and do your best to get past each round and that's all anyone can do. It will be tough no doubt, but of you are not on you can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Just completed my apptitude test, it's ES specific and no crazy math ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

big.left90 wrote: »
    Just completed my apptitude test, it's ES specific and no crazy math ;)

FYI I don't think this round is the aptitude round as it's just simple job simulation and health and safety questions which the guards used in their first round also.

maniac2000 wrote: »
    FYI I don't think this round is the aptitude round as it's just simple job simulation and health and safety questions which the guards used in their first round also.

True, there'll definitley be a traditional apptitude test next round.

big.left90 wrote: »
    True, there'll definitley be a traditional apptitude test next round.

Ye lads it's the the start. Expect a proper aptitude next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Anyone any guidance to help with possible future aptitude tests ? Best of luck to anyone taking part as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Redders34 wrote: »
    Anyone any guidance to help with possible future aptitude tests ? Best of luck to anyone taking part as well

When I applied to the NAS I went on an aptitude test preparation day I'd highly recommend it if they are doing any for this there is a few company's that do them I can honestly say I passed them as a result of the course they are a specific kind of thing hard if you have never seen one before

Redders34 wrote: »

Test preparation.ie ran 3 courses already for the airport fire service.

Just use the stuff on the link from the daa

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Dave087 wrote: »
    Are u meant to receive a confirmation email from daa after you've completed the test?

I didn't receive an email after I completed it

I didn't receive an email after I completed it

Nor did I

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Email received for stage 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

So did i to be completed by friday evening at six o clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭IT_wannabe

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Email received for stage 2 :)

Is that for another aptitude test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Yeah got one for stage 2 also, will everyone get one of these ?

I haven't received one yet so does this mean that anyone who hasn't is out of the running or will we be informed via email???

• Advertisement

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Is that for another aptitude test?

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Excuse my arrogance but could some just outline the whole application process please :)

Round 2 ding ding :)

Did everyone who received an email get it (roughly) at the same time or are they being sent in batches?

IT_wannabe wrote: »
    Did everyone who received an email get it (roughly) at the same time or are they being sent in batches?

Got mine @ 6.30pm this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Haven't received one either

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Got mine @ 6.30pm this evening

Same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Itismyyear

Got it at 6:30 myself

Recieved the email @ 1830 also. Just take it step by step don't rush into it and have a brain fart lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Itismyyear

ye i done the first part will leave the maths until tomorrow. it seems like they are looking to get this done fast

Advertisement