Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

rocky911 wrote: »
    Intersting. I vaguely remembered the application form, do you know the process involved in the campagin?

Aptitude, 2nd aptitude, 1st round interview, work related tests, 2nd interview, Medicals, garda vetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

Intersting. I vaguely remembered the application form, do you know the process involved in the campagin?

what process?

if your talking about the stages it said

1) online assesments
    2) preliminary interview
    3) physical, height, closterphobia tests
    4) main interview
    5) fitness, medical and security clearance

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Id say it may have got to do with CV's .

the lad said he is a firefighter of 8 years.. hardly his CV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Maybe they are looking for clean canvas so to speak ? fellas they can mould into their way of thinking? No disrespect to the lad and yes in the grand scheme of things experience is key but just going on past experiences sometimes it doesnt get taken into account which in itself is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Maybe they are looking for clean canvas so to speak ? fellas they can mould into their way of thinking? No disrespect to the lad and yes in the grand scheme of things experience is key but just going on past experiences sometimes it doesnt get taken into account which in itself is strange

6 friends of mine got a call back for the second test and their all firefighters and so am I

• Advertisement

Dave087 wrote: »
    6 friends of mine got a call back for the second test and their all firefighters and so am I

congrats but out of curiosity full-time or retained? I would imagine a lot of firefighters would have applied alright.

Not saying thats why.. was just throwing it out there :)

maniac2000 wrote: »
    congrats but out of curiosity full-time or retained? I would imagine a lot of firefighters would have applied alright.

Full-time

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Full-time

So a load of full-time firefighter jobs coming up!! Wahoo!

Dave087 either your talking b*^&%^s or somebody else is using your account because I just checked your previous posts and you my friend are not a fireman. You seem to be on the DFB controller panel...

interesting...

• Advertisement

Full-time

Are things bad at the moment that ye want to make the jump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Any Ideas what a claustrophobia test involves?

Any Ideas what a claustrophobia test involves?

entering the crawl tunnels with a blacked out BA mask

entering the crawl tunnels with a blacked out BA mask

Sounds like a trip home on a Sat night..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Yeah. I doubt that too. Nearly a qualified emt too. But I put that down on it aswell. It's to do with the tests. Wouldn't be the cv at this stage.

Dave087 either your talking b*^&%^s or somebody else is using your account because I just checked your previous posts and you my friend are not a fireman. You seem to be on the DFB controller panel...

interesting...
    . I am actually a firefighter outside of dublin. Did that ever occur to you? Your profile name must match your personality 'my friend'. No need to jump the gun like that!!

No need to be smart ! So what if he's a firefighter 8 years.

Was just my opinion

No need for the big d**k contest.. sure what does it matter who does what or when

No need for the big d**k contest.. sure what does it matter who does what or when

Exactly rocky911

Whats the story for all ye FT or retained lads with the eyesight does laser rule you out ?

• Advertisement

Whats the story for all ye FT or retained lads with the eyesight does laser rule you out ?

No laser doesn't rule u out .

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Did anyone contact DAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

I rang earlier...they said they'd look into it and contact me later....that was 10 o clock this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Really struggled with the maths part of the aptitude don't feel confident about that at all.. Don't rely too much on the practice tests either because the sums were a lot bigger on the actual test

Bro81 wrote: »
    Really struggled with the maths part of the aptitude don't feel confident about that at all.. Don't rely too much on the practice tests either because the sums were a lot bigger on the actual test

Ye I heard the same. The maths are a nightmare apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

Yeah I heard its a head wrecker alright, does anyone know if there's fractions on it ?

I rang earlier...they said they'd look into it and contact me later....that was 10 o clock this morning

I rang this morning aswell. Was put through to HR and they took my name and said they'll check the system and ring me back this afternoon. Never got a call.

I rang this morning aswell. Was put through to HR and they took my name and said they'll check the system and ring me back this afternoon. Never got a call.

I never heard back either .....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What's the big deal with that? Keep a calculator beside you - be grand.

• Advertisement

I emailed them there and told them 3 of us sat around and had all the same answers. The other 2 got emails and I didnt. Will see what they say....

Did you hear anything back ??

from what I've heard from other ppl that have applied and from what I've read here it seems there has been an issue with some ppls applications and are still in the process of stage one still.... Maybe some ppl have been delayed advancing to stage two in order to facilitate these ppl.
    Dont quote me on this though...pure speculation at this stage .

Advertisement