Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Out Boy Tour

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

I'd love to hear Chicago is So Two Years Ago!!! :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

On the lookout for a ticket. Sadly only those damn dirty touts have them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

good gig tonight a bit short (only played for an hour and a half) and no support band . Felt old at the gig.

Setlist could of been better, would love to hear Grand Theft Autumn non acoustic.Pity they didnt do Fame Infamy.

Anyone else here at the gig ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    good gig tonight a bit short (only played for an hour and a half) and no support band . Felt old at the gig.

Setlist could of been better, would love to hear Grand Theft Autumn non acoustic.Pity they didnt do Fame Infamy.

I was, managed to grab a last minute seated tickets. Good performance, great setlist. Could have included Dead on Arrival though! Stump is actually an amazing performer and the drummer and guitarist are fantastic musicians. Pete Wentz does my head in though, could have done without his stories behind the songs, very cringeworthy.

The crowd seemed to be really divided. Lots of parents with kids and very young teenagers, then people like myself in their 20s who would have been teens when Under The Cork Tree came out, seemed to be no middle ground. Similar to yourself I felt old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Went to this with the other half last night she's a big fan so managed to get some tickets last minute. I knew the song's from her playing them all the time and I guess I had a passing interest in it they are a good band with some solid tunes.

Enjoyed it I have to say , great set list and a lot of energy from it. Agree with the poster above in his assessment lead singer , guitarist and drummer are all great but Pete Wentz also does my head in , poor bass player , poor stage presence , couldn't understand his muttering in between song's either he just looked out of place to me not to mention his horrid attempt at growling in song's, to which at one point he even needed another guy on stage to help him with it.

He should just let Patrick do the talking in between song's and be the front man , he has more charisma anyway, good gig though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hour and a half is pretty standard for gigs to be fair(and a longer set than last time they were here)
    Thought it was a great set, woulda taken a bit more from 'Take This..' but getting 'Sophmore Slump...' acoustically was incredible! Thought the set flowed really well together too..

Crowd was a mix alright.. could certainly tell, particularly for stuff like Grand Theft Autumn, the difference in ages and knowledge of stuff, but stil thought it was a decent atmosphere, in standing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

i really enjoyed the gig. I also thought it was a little bit short but I think i could have watched them play for hours and still wanted more :)
    loved the acoustic stuff.
    i felt old too!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

UK 2015
    On sale Fri 16th Jan

3 Oct – Leeds First Direct Arena
    4 Oct – Aberdeen AECC GE Oil & Gas Arena
    6 Oct – Birmingham Barclaycard Arena
    7 Oct – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
    9 Oct – Manchester Arena
    10 Oct – Bournemouth International Centre
    11 Oct – London SSE Arena Wembley

Is anyone going to the Dublin show in October? 3 Arena seems a little big for them, and it's not sold out yet as far as I know?
    I've seen that the band are doing meet and greet packages for their UK and Europe shows but I can't see any details for M&G for the Irish show? Does anyone know if these exist for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tigerton wrote: »
    Is anyone going to the Dublin show in October? 3 Arena seems a little big for them, and it's not sold out yet as far as I know?
    I've seen that the band are doing meet and greet packages for their UK and Europe shows but I can't see any details for M&G for the Irish show? Does anyone know if these exist for Ireland.

Ya I'm going to this and was thinking the same about the 02. Free tickets though :D

Was actually pretty happy to hear Professor Green is the support act since I'm a fairly big fan.

The people I'm going with hate him though!

It's a weird match all the same..Him & Fall Out Boy

• Advertisement

I've never in my life listening to Professor Green but I might check him out because he's support. It's definitely an an odd match, but they did the same on their US tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

Tigerton wrote: »

I agree, I think the o2 is too big. The Olympia was perfect. I'm not gone on the new album either so I'm still undecided!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

VIP onsale on the fob website if anybody interested..

gonna set you back $140 and you also must have a ticket bought seperately...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are heading to the gig on Thursday. I was wondering how early do ye think we would need to show up to get in and around the front of the pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are heading to the gig on Thursday. I was wondering how early do ye think we would need to show up to get in and around the front of the pit?

A minute or so before they go onstage if the enthusiasm in this thread is anything to go by

scudzilla wrote: »
    A minute or so before they go onstage if the enthusiasm in this thread is anything to go by
    Haha surely it didn't sell that bad I mean Fall Out Boy are a pretty big band :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Stage times?

Three of us going to this later on. Looking forward to Professor Green moreso (me anyway). Hopefully be decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Just bought a ticket this morning for this, no standing available apparently. Got a crap ticket way up high. Is it possible to get to the standing area from the seats or is it completely segregated? ?

mollser wrote: »
    Just bought a ticket this morning for this, no standing available apparently. Got a crap ticket way up high. Is it possible to get to the standing area from the seats or is it completely segregated? ?

Don't think so man, why didn't you get standing is it sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Don't think so man, why didn't you get standing is it sold out?

Presume standing is sold out, find that hard to believe as they were available earlier in the week... Will see tonight anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i say this will be full of drunk 14/15 year olds. saw them in the olympia last year and it was the shortest show i was ever at plus also felt old there and i was only 24. got my fix of fall out boy then never again lol. enjoy anyone going tonight

i say this will be full of drunk 14/15 year olds. saw them in the olympia last year and it was the shortest show i was ever at plus also felt old there and i was only 24. got my fix of fall out boy then never again lol. enjoy anyone going tonight

Ya it was a very young crowd but a great show I found. Never saw Fall Out Boy before and wouldn't consider myself remotely a fan. Good music for a gig though, keeps the crowd going.

I think the set started at 9 and ended at half 10 so I wouldn't complain about the length of the set.

Professor Green did a 30 min set which was great.

Advertisement