Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Out Boy Tour

Options
  • 30-09-2013 1:52pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tue November 5th 2013 - LONDON O2 Academy Islington
    Sat March 15th 2014 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena
    Sun March 16th 2014 - BIRMINGHAM NIA
    Mon March 17th 2014 - MANCHESTER Phones 4u Arena
    Tue March 18th 2014 - DUBLIN Olympia Theatre
    Thu March 20th 2014 - LONDON Wembley Arena
    Fri March 21st 2014 - NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE Metro FM Arena
    Sat March 22nd 2014 - GLASGOW SSE Hydro

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im unsure on wether or not to go or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is olmpia not a little small?.. especially considering other venues on tour..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Not sure how A7X got booked for The O2 (took almost the whole day to sell out the olympia last time), and 30STM (sold a quarter of the tickets last time for the o2, only did one date then...now doing two...) and FOB who haven't played a show in 5/6 years here and who seems to have quite the demand, don't....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 El.

When are the tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Friday

• Advertisement

Not sure how A7X got booked for The O2 (took almost the whole day to sell out the olympia last time), and 30STM (sold a quarter of the tickets last time for the o2, only did one date then...now doing two...) and FOB who haven't played a show in 5/6 years here and who seems to have quite the demand, don't....:confused:

MCD never use logic though.. feckin kodaline are in the o2 for god sake
    Theres room for a second olympia date though at least..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

True but didnt FOB play the Ambassador last time they played here? They might get 2 nights in the Olympia but no way are they big enough for O2 and we go back to the same thing because this is the reason we need a medium sized venue 5000 capacity or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

True but didnt FOB play the Ambassador last time they played here? They might get 2 nights in the Olympia but no way are they big enough for O2 and we go back to the same thing because this is the reason we need a medium sized venue 5000 capacity or there abouts

They played the Ambassador years ago. Last time they were here was the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

What would be the best method of going about getting tickets for this? Queuing outside an outlet and using the tm app as backup or trying on the website?

Teferi wrote: »
    They played the Ambassador years ago. Last time they were here was the RDS.

Lat time they sold out the RDS too..

Best bet i think is def ticketmaster outlet.. website will be mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

VERY doubtful they'll add another night, if they did they'd be doing 8 on the bounce and can't see that happening

Ah right didnt know they played the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Really don't know why this isn't in the 02 to be honest. Even at that €42 + booking fees for a gig in the Olympia is VERY steep... It'll still sell out within ten minutes though, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hahaha, just read that ticket limits are 8 per person, awesome thinking from MCD, a tout's wet dream

Should be 2 each, then if still tickets left on Monday up the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Undecided! They weren't great in the RDS but the acoustics in the Main Hall are terrible and from vids I've seen, Patrick Stump is a lot more confident as a performer now. Don't really like the new songs but if they were likely to play a lot of old ones... agh.

I dunno if there really is that much demand for them here anymore. They were only playing a 4000-capacity venue in their heyday (though that was when the Point had closed for renovation) which is 5 years ago now. Folie A Deux didn't go down so well here and I've barely heard anything about the new album. Is there any chance it could be upgraded to the O2 if demand is huge?

Undecided! They weren't great in the RDS but the acoustics in the Main Hall are terrible and from vids I've seen, Patrick Stump is a lot more confident as a performer now. Don't really like the new songs but if they were likely to play a lot of old ones... agh.

I've seen them 5 times so far this year, they're definitely way better nowadays than videos from back then! You know you wanna :P

I've seen them 5 times so far this year, they're definitely way better nowadays than videos from back then! You know you wanna :P

Yea i remember seeing videos of them before they broke up and they sounded woeful but agree looking at videos now (reading festival) they have def come on a good bit . But €42 is a bit steep for me , if they were about €30 i prob would have picked up a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Nice :)

Have never seen them before :)
    And was half tempted to travel to see them, this saves a plane journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Mr.S wrote: »
    Their last gig here in the RDS was woeful, they where awful as a live band back then, throw in the shed that is the RDS Simmonscourt and you've a disaster.

Definitely better live these days, €42 is on the pricey side though. And while I like the new album, i'd really only wanna here the old stuff which I doubt they will play.

It was Main Hall, not Simmonscourt, which is even worse. The sound was awful at that show - I was near enough to the speakers and half the time couldn't tell which song they were playing until the chorus.

Same, I'd love to hear stuff from Take This To Your Grave up to Infinity on High, but is it likely to be just new stuff??

Mr.S wrote: »
    Re the venue, another example of why Dublin needs a solid 4-5k venue. Olympia is what, 1200 people, this will easily sell out.
    Exactly. Checked the other shows on the same tour, Brussels is 2000 capacity -
    4 shows between 4-6k, and the rest are arenas.

Hope I can get a ticket :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

what are the chances of P!ATD opening for them on this tour too?
    Couldn't pass the opportunity to see them both live!

peekachoo wrote: »

quite slim.. panic are on their own UK tour this year

Dont be surprised if we dont get the support that the UK get

panic would be worth seeing by themselves I reckon :pac:

Definitely getting tickets for this anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Won two tickets today, thought I was going to have to queue at Ticketmaster, delighted!

Don't expect the same support as the UK, whoever it is! Being Ireland AND not an arena show brings the probable chances down to zero.

Don't expect the same support as the UK, whoever it is! Being Ireland AND not an arena show brings the probable chances down to zero.

jodie has a hitlist it is so :pac::pac::pac:

jodie has a hitlist it is so :pac::pac::pac:

don't jinx it :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I saw them in 2006 and thought they were terrible =/

• Advertisement

gonna have sooo many angry boardsies after me if it is them :pac:

Advertisement