Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall Out Boy Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

peekachoo wrote: »
    gonna have sooo many angry boardsies after me if it is them :pac:

It will solely be your fault :P :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It will solely be your fault :P :mad:

I can see it now, my head on a stake outside the olympia :pac:

I'M SO SORRY IN ADVANCE GUYS. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

There's no ticketmaster outlet in my town so i have to use the website on friday morning. Really hope it doesn't sell out right away :S

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mite go to this tickets will be hard to get who ever decided to book them in the olympia instead of the o2 needs to wake up.

If it was in the o2 tickets would be easier to get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    mite go to this tickets will be hard to get who ever decided to book them in the olympia instead of the o2 needs to wake up.

If it was in the o2 tickets would be easier to get

Yeah, but there's no way they'd ever sell out the O2! Even in their heyday they were only playing to 4,000 people here and they've had very little publicity or radio-play here since. The O2 is 14,000 and they possibly don't want to risk another 30STM, where the venue was less than a third full!

Another example for the endless "Dublin needs a new mid-sized venue" debate. I reckon FOB could sell anywhere between 3,000 and 6,000 here, but definitely not 10k+.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but there's no way they'd ever sell out the O2! Even in their heyday they were only playing to 4,000 people here and they've had very little publicity or radio-play here since. The O2 is 14,000 and they possibly don't want to risk another 30STM, where the venue was less than a third full!

Another example for the endless "Dublin needs a new mid-sized venue" debate. I reckon FOB could sell anywhere between 3,000 and 6,000 here, but definitely not 10k+.

but 30stm get put back in there.. and a7x.. like fob would surely have a bigger pull..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

but 30stm get put back in there.. and a7x.. like fob would surely have a bigger pull..

Yea was surprised 30stm are doing 2 arena shows this time , but one thing is at least they have a strong support in YouMeAtSix(might not be everyones cup of tea but they usually sell out the Olympia and possibly somewhere in Beflast too) so for the price you are getting your monies worth although i would still be very worried about the turn out but the fact the O2 are doing the reduced capacity venue it will not look as bad. Same goes with A7X who have a good support bill .

Cant see FOB being a bigger pull over here anyways , there are bands who reunite and are bigger when they get back together and are able to play arenas over here but i dont think FOB are one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Yea was surprised 30stm are doing 2 arena shows this time , but one thing is at least they have a strong support in YouMeAtSix(might not be everyones cup of tea but they usually sell out the Olympia and possibly somewhere in Beflast too) so for the price you are getting your monies worth although i would still be very worried about the turn out but the fact the O2 are doing the reduced capacity venue it will not look as bad. Same goes with A7X who have a good support bill .

Cant see FOB being a bigger pull over here anyways , there are bands who reunite and are bigger when they get back together and are able to play arenas over here but i dont think FOB are one of them.

But then again, FOB might have strong support for the arenas shows they're doing, which Ireland won't be getting purely because it's a tiny venue. :P

A7X took the whole day to sell out the olympia fully last time, I can see FOB easily beating that anyway. :cool: I just think FOB have a larger demand than A7X at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Seems to now be sold out!
    Got 2 standing tickets myself. Saw them in the Ambassador in 2006 and thought it was a great gig so I really hope this doesn't get moved due to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Couldn't get them myself :( - hoping for a second date to be announced now, bones crossed!

• Advertisement

This might sound stupid, but is ground the same as standing? I assumed it was but then there was a seat number on my receipt. O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DM_Punk wrote: »
    This might sound stupid, but is ground the same as standing? I assumed it was but then there was a seat number on my receipt. O_o

yes, ground is standing, they always put seat numbers on, it's just their way of counting and keeping track

Sold out in about ten minutes this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 caz0078

Does anyone who wer I'd get 3 - 4 tickets reasonable priced ?????

Managed to get my tickets and an extra in case, without too much hassle on the dot!
    Excited now, not even a lame support band announcement could crush it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 caz0078

Managed to get my tickets and an extra in case, without too much hassle on the dot!
    Excited now, not even a lame support band announcement could crush it :P

I was on bang on 9 but wouldn't finalise rang ticket master they said it sold in 4 mins . My sister cried hopefully someone mite b sellin or they add another date ??

caz0078 wrote: »
    I was on bang on 9 but wouldn't finalise rang ticket master they said it sold in 4 mins . My sister cried hopefully someone mite b sellin or they add another date ??

Had some payment issues with my card which should've been perfect (and just transferred to another) but other than that it was okay for me. I'm not expecting another date as there's only a one day gap and bands usually take a day off either before/after an irish show, and they'd probably rather add a London show on that day anyway if anything! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

New Politics announced as support for this. The Pretty Reckless are supporting every other date except for Dublin I think

rebel89 wrote: »
    New Politics announced as support for this. The Pretty Reckless are supporting every other date except for Dublin I think

New politics are on uk tour aswell i think :)

rebel89 wrote: »

Good choice.

Smaller show being the reason we're not getting TPR obviously, but oh well...more intimate :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'd have killed for TPR, they seem to be coming into themselves lately.

Now Panic! are playing in May!!! :)

Only a week to go to the gig. What's everyone's expectations.

Looking at past setlists it's looks solid with a mix of new and old songs and a few acoustic songs.

Only a week to go to the gig. What's everyone's expectations.

Looking at past setlists it's looks solid with a mix of new and old songs and a few acoustic songs.

Setlist is poor. Grand Theft Autumn should be non-acoustic tbh. Too much Save Rock and Roll considering how short the setlist is, they've done way better recently.

Bands gonna be great but that setlist is a pretty poor showing imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Lads i'm on the guestlist, what time should I get there?

JamieHP wrote: »
    Lads i'm on the guestlist, what time should I get there?

Id say youl be fine just when door sopen due to that.

With regards to setlist, for the acoustic section, judging by youtube, theyve had a second stage, with due to the olympia size i doubt theyll be able to bring.. so.mightnt have it..

Few more off take this to your grave and from under the cork tree wouldnt go a miss, its really short and a ittle bit overdoing the new album..

damn it would love to hear Grand Theft Autumn non acoustic but what you going to do.

Hopefully i actually get to go work pending and im coming up from Waterford

damn it would love to hear Grand Theft Autumn non acoustic but what you going to do.

Hopefully i actually get to go work pending and im coming up from Waterford

Without the acoustic stage, I actually think we could.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Without the acoustic stage, I actually think we could.

They could still do it without the acoustic stage

• Advertisement

They could still do it without the acoustic stage

Oh i know, but i'd like to retain some hope of electric..

Advertisement