Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Drive-For-Five buildup

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The second row battle will be intriguing, albeit not the only Ireland jersey audition going on in the game!

Other than O'Connell, O'Mahony, Zebo I really think Leinster have the measure of what Munster can throw at the them. Between any playing combo of Madigan, Gopperth, BOD and R Kearney I expect Munster to be quite badly exposed in the loose. I also expect the Munster front row to have it very tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

So who going lads? I'm on the bus over to Limerick at the moment. Can't wait, my first time in Thomond. Hopefully the weather will be better Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

who_me wrote: »
    It's hard to say how good Jones is, we see so little of him play. Great to see him have a run, but Murphy and Hurley have played very well so far this season. Killer instead of Cronin, Downey instead of Dineen, Ronan instead of Stander. Lots of the players who've played well in the early season games have been dropped as soon as the 'serious season' kicks in.

That's being a little disingenuous to Jones. He's a cracking player, puts his body on the line during a tackle (part of his problem at times) has good pace, lovely quick feet & can score some nice trys.
    We've seen all this from him on many occasions, but unfortunately, we've also seen he litany of injuries he suffers.
    Hopefully he gets a run in the team this season with no real injuries....I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

That's being a little disingenuous to Jones. He's a cracking player, puts his body on the line during a tackle (part of his problem at times) has good pace, lovely quick feet & can score some nice trys.
    We've seen all this from him on many occasions, but unfortunately, we've also seen he litany of injuries he suffers.
    Hopefully he gets a run in the team this season with no real injuries....I live in hope

Oh, I rate him very highly. But that's based on snippets from games spread across a few seasons. It's impossible to say what kind of form he's in at the moment. If we can play anything like we did in the early season games, he could do well; but I don't expect anything like that kind of space/time/fluency against Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

ConFurioso wrote: »
    So who going lads? I'm on the bus over to Limerick at the moment. Can't wait, my first time in Thomond. Hopefully the weather will be better Saturday!

I had my first experience of Thomond at this exact fixture last year. I'm jealous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If you're a Leinster fan this might be of use to you

http://thedailyclothesline.com/2013/10/02/a-guide-to-thomond-park-for-leinster-virgins/#more-457

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I honestly think Earls is the best full-back in the squad...I'd have started Murphy, but hopefully Jones can do a good job.

Have to see what the Leinster team is before making a judgment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You're keen, the gates aren't open for another 47 hours! ;)

Enjoy, its a great fixture, hope its better weather than April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Ha! Yeah, my dad works in charleville so I'm staying there a couple of days then we're heading in.

And yes, he's a Munster man. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

write up is beginning to resemble a novel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just show some pashun and the keyboard will type itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Just show some pashun and the keyboard will type itself.

Don't forget the intimidating stare - you need to scare the keyboard into submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Short story will do just fine. With a happy ending please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Swiwi. wrote: »

I think whenever Thomond dreams of John Hayes he always has a happy ending ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

You'll pay extra for that you know!

She's up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

She's up

I assume you edit it at 12pm tomorrow?

I assume you edit it at 12pm tomorrow?

yeah!

Advertisement