Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of trouble with the guards

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

OP, I know a guy who can make people disappear.

You know David Copperfield? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Just something i noticved at the match on sunday. I saw a lad worse for wear heading to croke park on sunday. He was on his way into the ground and the guard took his match ticket off him.

Is he entitled to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

eire_lad wrote: »
    Just something i noticved at the match on sunday. I saw a lad worse for wear heading to croke park on sunday. He was on his way into the ground and the guard took his match ticket off him.

Is he entitled to do this?

Dunno , but if he was bad enough for a Garda to notice and take his ticket would you really want him near you in the stadium .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

One 'swig' of vodka doesn't really support your story. Even if it was absinthe, a single 'swig' wouldn't get you from relatively sober to black out. To from from 3 cans to actual can't-remember-a-thing-black out, even my girlfriend would need to chug about 350ml of vodka in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

no i wudnt like him sitting beside me in the stadium, but was the guard entitiled to his ticket.

The guy obviously went to the trouble to get one and pay for one....

I admit he was pissed but I dont think the guard was in effect entitled to take one of his personal belongings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

no i wudnt like him sitting beside me in the stadium, but was the guard entitiled to his ticket.

I admit he was pissed but I dont think the guard was in effect entitled to take one of his personal belongings...

I was wondering why I was sitting next to a guard at the match, this clears it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Clearly you where spiked, no way would you blackout after a swig of vodka even if your a lightweight, stupid to take drink off some random lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'd imagine you're right ,but if he was let in drunk and then had to be dragged out later by stewards or Gardai he might end up spending a night in custody or with a charge sheet.Taking the ticket off him might seem a bit much but it may also be the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

NOPE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

The Gardaí and stewards would be perfectly entitled to prevent a drunk person from entering the stadium. It would also be a condition of entry that a person would not be under the influence of alcohol or a drug.
    I suppose what happened the ticket is a question need answering. All though I do know of several cases where people have got tickets from Gardaí and Stewards at the barriers near Gills Corner. This would happen where a person didn't keep an arrangement turn to meet someone to collect a ticket and the ticket would be given to the Gardaí or Stewards to pass on to someone who needed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

repsol wrote: »
    Was your bum sore this morning? Sure the 3 in the taxi were girls? Stick to lemonade in future

There's a rumour going around that you're a prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

daveyeh wrote: »

Did it take you a year to hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

daveyeh wrote: »

And winner of longest time to think of a comeback is....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Hey OP. Don't sweat it. You messed up. You can't drink spirits. I can't either, I black out in the exact same manner. Don't drink spirits and you'll be fine in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

helpfultim wrote: »
    I have a feeling there was something added to the vodka. Id usually have 2 naggins throughout a night and remember everything... i just wasnt in the mood for a total piss up that night but when your offered free drink its hard to turn down. Learned a valuable lesson but im hoping it wont cost me a fortune in fines

There was a hearing in the oireachtas a while back about drink spiking. The heads of every major A&E in Ireland testified. They stated that they had never found drugs in the system of someone who said their drink was spiked.

They had found levels of alcohol that is normally only every seen in the morgue. They did state that the girls might have had their drinks spiked with more drink. So a girl might have thought she was drinking a vodka and coke and it was actually a triple.

I your case I'd say it's possible they spiked your vodka with vodka.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement