Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit of trouble with the guards

Options
  • 28-09-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So i was out thursday night. Had 3 cans of koppaberg so i was sober enough. Went to a nearby bus stop and was talking away to a few lads. This is stupid i know, but they offered me a swig of tesco vodka after i complained about paying for drinks on a night out so i idiotically accepted. Woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night at all...

Have been told i hopped into a taxi at the bus stop with 3 random girls and went off towards the city. Another friend told me i was outside a nightclub talking to them when a lad happy slapped me and i ended up talking with guards about it. I was also caught taking a slash on a wall. Apparently wandered off on my own then but 2 other friends said i met them in macdonalds later that night and we all went to walk home but i started giving a guard hassle about doing a crap job and stuff like that and they put cuffs on me but let me go after taking my details.

Im sharting myself as to what may happen as i have never even had a bother with a guard before in my life not to mind 4 or 5 in the one night... honestly dont know what to do but i wont be able to afford fines or court punishments. Anyone ever experience something similar? And what happens if i cant remember a thing and i have to go to court?

Im writing this on my mobile as well so im not 100% sure as to where its being posted. Sincere apologies if its in the wrong place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

helpfultim wrote: »
    So i was out thursday night. Had 3 cans of koppaberg so i was sober enough. Went to a nearby bus stop and was talking away to a few lads. This is stupid i know, but they offered me a swig of tesco vodka after i complained about paying for drinks on a night out so i idiotically accepted. Woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night at all...

Have been told i hopped into a taxi at the bus stop with 3 random girls and went off towards the city. Another friend told me i was outside a nightclub talking to them when a lad happy slapped me and i ended up talking with guards about it. I was also caught taking a slash on a wall. Apparently wandered off on my own then but 2 other friends said i met them in macdonalds later that night and we all went to walk home but i started giving a guard hassle about doing a crap job and stuff like that and they put cuffs on me but let me go after taking my details.

Im sharting myself as to what may happen as i have never even had a bother with a guard before in my life not to mind 4 or 5 in the one night... honestly dont know what to do but i wont be able to afford fines or court punishments. Anyone ever experience something similar? And what happens if i cant remember a thing and i have to go to court?

Im writing this on my mobile as well so im not 100% sure as to where its being posted. Sincere apologies if its in the wrong place
    They took your details and thats the end of it. They'll only use them details of anything else from the area pops up and they need to question you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night at all...
    Never drink spirits again for a start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

So what happened with the 3 random girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Um, then you created a boards account just to tell us your tale.

Your going to jail op.

Mandatory life sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

Don't drink again...save us taxpayers a few bob ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gifted wrote: »
    Don't drink again...save us taxpayers a few bob ;)

How? The guards will still be there if he's not drinking. Just slightly less busy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

For a start Tim, htfu and stop drinking Koppaberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Him drinking makes us money.

Tax on the booze and mcdonalds

Drink on boozy, drink on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 helpfultim

Wibbs wrote: »

Im fairly sure a mouthful of spirits wouldnt do that to you. I drink spirits regularly but never had a blank out like this before. Even after heavy nights out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Wibbs wrote: »

Or if you do, don't "swig" them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

How did a swig of vodka turn you from tipsy to black-out mode? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Im fairly sure a mouthful of spirits wouldnt do that to you. I drink spirits regularly but never had a blank out like this before. Even after heavy nights out

God knows what could have been mixed in with that bottle of vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Pffft, lightweight

beertons wrote: »
    For a start Tim, htfu and stop drinking Koppaberg.

Stronger than cider and easy to drink. Good to drink when you dont want to wake up in a ditch . . . Kind of ironic in this case i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think some people just can't hack spirits.
    I can't drink vodka, lunacy and blackouts abound .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Lisha wrote: »
    God knows what could have been mixed in with that bottle of vodka.

That's what I was thinking - cos how could a mouthful put you in such a bad state?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night at all...

Did you still have your wallet, clothes, dignity?
    Have been told...
    2 other friends said...

Are your friends winding you up?

Lisha wrote: »
    I think some people just can't hack spirits.
    I can't drink vodka, lunacy and blackouts abound .

I have a feeling there was something added to the vodka. Id usually have 2 naggins throughout a night and remember everything... i just wasnt in the mood for a total piss up that night but when your offered free drink its hard to turn down. Learned a valuable lesson but im hoping it wont cost me a fortune in fines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

OP , go back out again tonight and do it again.

This song should be your your anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4lvUJ39fE

Did you still have your wallet, clothes, dignity?

Are your friends winding you up?

Had my clothes and wallet anyway... doubt it. I had a swollen jaw from the punch i got so their story adds up. I dunno if i should maybe go to the station and try apologise or leave it though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

This is stupid i know, but they offered me a swig of tesco vodka after i complained about paying for drinks on a night out so i idiotically accepted. Woke up the next morning with no recollection of the night at all...
    I have a feeling there was something added to the vodka. Id usually have 2 naggins throughout a night and remember everything... i just wasnt in the mood for a total piss up that night but when your offered free drink its hard to turn down. Learned a valuable lesson but im hoping it wont cost me a fortune in fines

and now you're complaining about drinks you didn't pay for on a night out. No pleasing you OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Go straight to the station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I dunno if i should maybe go to the station and try apologise or leave it though?

If you do decide to go please film it and put it on youtube. Do you know what station they were from?

"Can I speak to the gardai I verbally abused last night while off my face?"

"Have a seat..."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

One day I'd love to meet one of these people who put mystery drugs into drinks for no apparent reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I don't believe a word of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

OK OP......calm down....calm down..

Now......what movie was this you were watching ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Tesco Vodka would do that op, I don't know how they're allowed to sell that stuff legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

the big question is does his butt hole sting after the vodka rohypnol cock - tale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

pharmaton wrote: »
    Tesco Vodka would do that op, I don't know how they're allowed to sell that stuff legally.

Wait till ya get a load of the Mc Donalds whisky .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Had my clothes and wallet anyway... doubt it. I had a swollen jaw from the punch i got so their story adds up. I dunno if i should maybe go to the station and try apologise or leave it though?

Go to the station and apologise. If they took your details they might be going to summons you, at least if you apologise they might not go ahead with it. It would certainly separate you from the scrotes they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Nothing bad can come from saying sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement