Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Thanks for that leggo. Enjoyed it.

In WWE he'll be more humble than Bryan:
    he wants to be a gardener working in trees up the mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Thanks for that leggo. Enjoyed it.

In WWE he'll be more humble than Bryan:
    he wants to be a gardener working in trees up the mountains!

That sounds like a terrible gimmick..

Pentecost wrote: »
    That sounds like a terrible gimmick..
    He's a man's man... A real man's man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JrTagEntrances.jpg

Best of luck on the Space mission, Fergal.

Glad you covered Becky Lynch. On the carefully crafted Irish gimmick. You can hear a version of it at the 1min 30sec mark here:

• Advertisement

Devitt tweeted this

Bpc8TJdIgAAeO3z.jpg

He probabpy should've just posted it here himself :pac:

He probabpy should've just posted it here himself :pac:

Or in the Becky Lynch thread post-Becklash.

Forgot to buy Powerslam this weekend. Did Devitt say anything notable in his Powerslam interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rovert wrote: »
    Forgot to buy Powerslam this weekend. Did Devitt say anything notable in his Powerslam interview?

5 page interview but I read it drunk on friday. I will have to reread it tonight or tomorrow.

But he kept the cards close to his chest. Number of offers, New he could not grow anymore in NJPW.

Devitt's Twitter continues to be top drawer. Visiting WWF New York back in the day:

BpuOPmXCYAATqtn.jpg

Prince Durst!

• Advertisement

Devitt is Bane at the Rev Pro show tonight:

BqMZI_BCcAAXkym.jpg
    BqMX8RYIcAAEl6b.jpg

Gonna be such an anti-climax when he debuts at Full Sail in a green singlet.

Gonna be such an anti-climax when he debuts at Full Sail in a green singlet.

They would never put him a singlet. Given his abs and his overall body type. The green well yeah.

They would never put him a singlet. Given his abs and his overall body type. The green well yeah.

It's on my shortlist of things WWE could do to rile up the internet!

(I'm sure they probably won't be putting him in a singlet).

It's on my shortlist of things WWE could do to rile up the internet!

(I'm sure they probably won't be putting him in a singlet).

They could bill him from Dublin instead of Wicklow:

"County". Dublin tbh!

Sweet mother of God Devitt's entrance: http://instagram.com/p/pS9k2JOV8q/

Then his departure bowing to the ring:
    http://instagram.com/p/pS-SHdOV9N/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Sweet mother of God Devitt's entrance: http://instagram.com/p/pS9k2JOV8q/

Then his departure bowing to the ring:
    http://instagram.com/p/pS-SHdOV9N/
    It's going to be so annoying when all of that is removed from him by the WWE. Like, I'm looking forward to him vs Kenta and Zayn and Steen and all those others in NXT/Main Roster. But all the same, I would much prefer for Devitt to have control over his gimmick than HHH or, god forbid, Vince.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

The paint isn't a gimmick. He was Devitt before it, he'll be Devitt after it.

Yup. Big Show as the Showster and Charlie Hass as Stone Cold Steve Haastin didn't have that much of a shelf life either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I wasn't talking about the paint! Again, big follower of Devitt! Been a fan of his since 2009 when I started watching wrestling that wasn't just WWE and TNA. But WWE will mould him into what they want him to be. He's a great wrestler but the personality he had in Japan and on the indy's just isn't what WWE do so a lot of that will be changed.

The body paint, as cool as it is, has only been around since January this year (seems longer I know but it's only 6 months) and I think it started out as an awesome entrance for NJPW and then turned into him having fun before he heads to WWE. Would I prefer to see the body paint come to WWE? Sure. But I'd much prefer for Devitt to have that no-nonsense kind of attitude in the WWE over anything. And I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It gets watered down when you do it all the time imo.

Save it for Summerslam, WM etc.

Presuming he gets hot in WWE obv!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He would only be allowed to use generic paint anyway in the WWE if they even allowed him to go that way which is highly unlikely anyway.

There is no way the WWE would pay for the rights for him to paint himself as he has over the last few months.

Disney & DC would want huge money and he just isn't that big of a name for them to pay it.

He quotes the application process in Powerslam magazine. I think for the spray on process they have in Japan it is like 3 hours. For the paint on process in the UK it is 4 or 5 hours. New Japan were able to afford painting him the expensive way and with stuff that does sweat off. Removal of it takes a couple of hours after too. WWE would have to source someone who can paint him up for each city they are in or employ one full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It gets watered down when you do it all the time imo.

Save it for Summerslam, WM etc.

Presuming he gets hot in WWE obv!

This would be awesome.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rey Mysterio has been ripping off superheroes outfits for over a decade now, Devitt would be just fine with the paint. If they started making action figures of said outfits then it'd get messy. Otherwise it's akin to Bret Hart showing up on RAW in a Batman t-shirt.

The portion of the Powerslam interview on the bodypaint.

7pkg6D.jpg

The stuff in Japan took longer to put on and was harder to take off as it was alcohol-based. Elsewhere he's just used standard facepaint which smudges off when he sweats.

Devitt entrance from yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Devitt entrance from yesterday:

Pretty sure that lad shot his load at 1:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I flew over for the show last night. Was fantastic. Devitt & Adam Cole in the main event was superb. Devitt said before hand it was likely his last UK show. He took out a group of fans at one point, similar to the spot he did with Ibushi at this years Dome Show with the chair against the guardrail - the guardrail wasn't strong enough to keep them from landing ontop of fans under the rail.

Advertisement