Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy products and prostate cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The 'men of science' went very quiet when I quoted studies that they didn't agree with.
    Is the UK national cancer institute a reputable enough source?

The consensus isn't there from epidemiological studies, intervention studies or meta-analyses.

So you can go back to sleep for another year and see what's new when you resurface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Everything causes cancer these days, eat what you want within reason and be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The consensus isn't there from epidemiological studies, intervention studies or meta-analyses.

If it'd good enough for the UK cancer society to put on their site, it's good enough for me.
    Go back now to your national dairy council lobbying

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

Direct quote from Cancer Research UKs site:

"Studies looking into the link between cancer and dairy products have not given clear results. There is evidence that dairy products could reduce the risk of bowel cancer, but we cannot say for sure that this is the case. There is no strong evidence linking dairy products to any other types of cancer. We need further research to find out more about the links between dairy products and cancer risk."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/diet-and-cancer/food-controversies#food_controversies3

Question for you OP are you looking to help people with these posts or just get people to your thinking?

I ask as I personally prefer facts and solid science with diet and training. So do to that just present the facts and links and let people make their own minds up as you won't change them unless people want to. If you can show some more solid information, however, I would love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If it'd good enough for the UK cancer society to put on their site, it's good enough for me.
    Go back now to your national dairy council lobbying

Science is about consensus.

I would be a terribly lobbyist - I wouldn't be affected all that much by having to give up dairy. Though I would miss having molten grated cheese between two slices of French toast if H had to give up dairy.

But I'd lobby for science and scientific consensus if I was to lobby for anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

OP really wants milk to cause cancer

Advertisement