Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of you guys ever suffer from Oneitis

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

How.....condescending.

Mod
    Please use the report post function if you have a problem with a post rather than responding on-thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Update on this

I was out with work friends about a month ago , I got on well with her that night and got a few flirty signals.I actual think I messed up by not making a move. At the end of the night I told one of her friends that I had a thing for her. Its not 100% but I assume she told her. A day or two later she contacted me on FB ,since I was due to go on hols she said if she didn't see me before I go on hols to have a good time but that we could meet up for coffee before hand if I wanted to. I immediately jumped at the chance and we arranged to go for coffee the day before I went on hols, long story short we went for drinks and food instead, we had a good chat but nothing happened ,just a hung as we parted ways
    I think I may definitely be in the friends zone ,I posted alot of stuff from my hols on FB and she liked most of it,one thing I find frustrating is that if she FB messages me and then I reply, I wont hear back from her for days, not sure where I stand or what I should do now?

Get over it. Seriously.

One of my mates is properly on the hook for a girl right now and in that particular case it's hard to sympathise with him because she can't have been clearer. While it's not quite 100% in your case, it's still pretty damn high.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You need to go and talk to other girls. It's the only way to snap out of it.

I'm not trying to be harsh on this but you started this thread 3 months ago. I'm sure it had been going on for a while beforehand so just think how much time you've wasted on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

I've just read the OP again, you need to let it go. You said this happened to you a few times before, you are wasting so much time on situations like this. Reading into every little detail and wondering what it means, is not going to do anything. Instead of telling her friend, tell her.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

I think I may have picked you up wrong reading this thread but how do you know you're in the "friend zone" if you haven't asked her?

If the other guy that swooped in as you mentioned is still around I agree with everyone else, move on with your life.But if you're both single I'd say there's only one way to know for sure and that's to ask, have the conversation and tell her how you feel.

All this analysing facebook likes and messages and her behaviour is just self torture, what good is it telling her friend and hoping that she'll find out?

I just don't think it can be called oneitis if you fancy someone but are just choosing not to ask them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah - you need to ask her out. Get a 'no' and move on. That's what I did and I feel a lot better for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,067 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Beefy's hit the nail on the head. You need to find out one way or the other. There's too many nice ladies in the world you could be happy with for you to be wasting your time on one who's probably not interested.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement