Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum meet up; 9pm; Saturday 28th JP Sweetmans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Sorry everyone I have had a family emergency so not going to be able to make it ...feel free to go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

collegelad wrote: »
    hey, was thinking of heading along to this later. how are ppl planning on recognising each other? hah

I cant make it but hopefully but hopefully someone will bring a sign and/or post the location

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Right folks is anyone here? Its jammers in town. I'll be down in the smoking area out the front. Grey jumper, glasses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Great night altogether! (despite the bouncers at the dragon not being the nicest!)

face1990 wrote: »
    Great night altogether! (despite the bouncers at the dragon not being the nicest!)

"Regulars only".... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

That's crazy I hope their selectiveness ends up with them being out of business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

*sigh* That sucks :(. I hate when bouncers feed you that BS. Glad you didn't let it ruin your night.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dr. Shrike

Send a link to this thread to the Dragon management. NOT great publicity for their venue.

Dr. Shrike wrote: »
    Send a link to this thread to the Dragon management. NOT great publicity for their venue.

I got on to them via FB & they replied straight away.
    Hopefully we can sort out some kind of Boardsie bonus for future meetups here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

I got on to them via FB & they replied straight away.
    Hopefully we can sort out some kind of Boardsie bonus for future meetups here!

Do you mind me asking what they said? :)
    I've heard of The George turning people down regularly but never The Dragon!

• Advertisement

Emz93 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what they said? :)
    I've heard of The George turning people down regularly but never The Dragon!

It was literally "How you doing lads (pause) sorry only regulars tonight"... None of us had much drink on us either. Rather than make an issue of it, I just walked away. Funnily enough I was in the Dragon the weekend before and would probably head there more often than the George so he turned away a (semi) regular. T'wasn't a bother on the bouncers in the George either so go figure :/

Just a little update on this:

Donal from the Dragon rang me.
    Basically, he said the doorman has to make snap decisions when people come up to the door, and turned us away as he saw a big group (which is what we suspected the problem was). Donal apologised for this and said if it happens again to ask to speak to a manager.

He also said that we can arrange a guestlist sort of thing for future meet ups so that they'll know to expect us, and prevent this from happening again.
    He's sending me contact details for this, and I'll PM whoever's organising the next meetup to arrange it (if they wish to).

In fairness to the Dragon, they got back to me very quickly and were very straight forward about it. I just wish the doorman had told us it was because it was too big a group instead of giving us the 'regulars' excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

Just a little update on this:

Donal from the Dragon rang me.
    Basically, he said the doorman has to make snap decisions when people come up to the door, and turned us away as he saw a big group (which is what we suspected the problem was). Donal apologised for this and said if it happens again to ask to speak to a manager.

He also said that we can arrange a guestlist sort of thing for future meet ups so that they'll know to expect us, and prevent this from happening again.
    He's sending me contact details for this, and I'll PM whoever's organising the next meetup to arrange it (if they wish to).

In fairness to the Dragon, they got back to me very quickly and were very straight forward about it. I just wish the doorman had told us it was because it was too big a group instead of giving us the 'regulars' excuse.
    It's a pain in the arse but bouncers never give proper reasons. A big group, however sober, are gonna struggle to get into a club. Fair play to Dragon for not fobbing you off (and to you for calling them on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

When is the official Boards.ie LGBT Monthly Meetup on? Is it the first weekend of every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

When is the official Boards.ie LGBT Monthly Meetup on? Is it the first weekend of every month?

I've not seen anything written up about a meet up taking place this weekend. Usually pretty early in the month though, so maybe next week or the week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ash885 wrote: »
    I've not seen anything written up about a meet up taking place this weekend. Usually pretty early in the month though, so maybe next week or the week after?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86852225#post86852225

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement