Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum meet up; 9pm; Saturday 28th JP Sweetmans

Options
  • 23-09-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey Everyone,

First post here, long time reader. (Sounds like an AA intro lol)

Anyways, recent grad, moved to Dublin back in August for grad job, looking to make new friends.

Ideally someone to go for pints on scene with.

22 here but act a lot older.

Get back to me everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

Hey, I've just moved to Dublin, returning to college after dropping out a few years ago.

I'm 21, staying in the city centre. Looking to make new friends also. Be up for going for pints. It'd be cool if we could get a wee group together.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

most definitely private message me and we will chat a bit if u like ...hoping to organise a few pints on saturday somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spaceballs2

Hey -first time poster here too. I'm living in Dublin and just finished college myself - 22 as well. A few pints out would be very cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Folie a deux

Hey, 22 and new to Dublin as well after moving here for a job. Like the sound of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

I'm 22, just moved back to Dublin after studying in Edinburgh. I can show you guys the ropes :cool:

• Advertisement

Sounds like there is a few of us in the same boat so.

How does everyone fancy going for a few pints on Saturday night ?

Someone else might suggest somewhere cause I haven't a clue really

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Em

There have been monthly meet ups on here for about the last 9 months

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86236690

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83284656

I would suggest holding off on organising anything for a day or so - I will pm previous monthly meet up organisers and see if someone wants to organise it for early October

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

My post above is only a suggestion - If you want to go ahrad and organise something this Saturday go ahead

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

As it happens I'll be moving back to Dublin this week to start a grad job too (I'm also 22 :P), so I wouldn't be averse to joining you.

Also, as Mango said, there is the option of the monthly meetup too. I've been to a few of them and they've been great.

As for this Saturday, previous meetups have been in Messrs and the Long Stone, both of which have been pretty impressive pubs, but its up to you ClearlyClear.

Sat is good for me if we want to have this meet up instead of waiting for the monthly one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I reckon I should be free to pop along as well.

OP, I think you should go ahead and organise a meetup this weekend if you want to. Nothing to stop anyone coming to this one and the monthly meetup too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahwizard

this sounds fun lets make a big gang!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

So this Saturday then? It'd be good to go somewhere not too packed so we can talk, like the front lounge during the week is grand but during the weekend it's just wrong how over crowded that place gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Yeah this sounds like a plan. We could go to Sweetmans. Or else that new bar just beside it that just opened 'The River Bar'. Lots of space and It would be easy to talk. I was in there at the weekend (no space in Sweetmans) and it was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Sort of wished the monthly one was more regular! I'm about town that night, If I'm free would love to tag along!

Your suggestion sounds good playedalive!

Sweetmans definitely sounds good too me shall we say 9 there. Now how will we know each other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I'd imagine what with it being Arthur's weekend and the hurling final, a quiet pub will be hard to find! :L

Sweetmans definitely sounds good too me shall we say 9 there. Now how will we know each other ?

Maybe bring a sign or boards logo to put on the table

Make a sign or two with a marker and piece of paper

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

and glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

face1990 wrote: »
    and glitter.

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bicloset

Really like the idea of this, just hope it doesn't infringe on the success of the boards meet ups! I can't make the sat night but will make the next one! Id even be free during the week some night for a drink! :)

bicloset wrote: »
    Really like the idea of this, just hope it doesn't infringe on the success of the boards meet ups!

I don't see any competition or distinction here at all - it's just another meet up and it will hopefully be succesful

Terry Pratchet

Good luck tomorrow night

Should I change the thread title so people see the time/venue?

Terry Pratchet

bicloset wrote: »
    Really like the idea of this, just hope it doesn't infringe on the success of the boards meet ups!

I think it can only add to it.

Fair play to ClearlyClear for taking the initiative to organise it.

Good luck tomorrow night

Should I change the thread title so people see the time/venue?

Thread title changed.

I'd suggest that the op makes a few signs to say boards.ie

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I won't be able to make it tonight but fair play Clearlyclear for making it happen. Hopefully many more will come. Have a good night lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

T'will be along for ****s and giggles. See yoll larer folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 collegelad

hey, was thinking of heading along to this later. how are ppl planning on recognising each other? hah

Advertisement