Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Meetup October 11th

Options
  • 03-10-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

So I've been to about 4 of these now at this stage and I reckon it's my turn to take the plunge and start the thread for the next meetup. In the past Fridays in Sweetmans/Messrs have proved the most popular and worked well, so with that in mind how does next Friday the 11th of October in Sweetmans/Messrs sound to people?

As always everyone's welcome, the more the merrier and all that. On a serious note I've benefited alot from the few meetups I've gone to. It's a sound group of lads and I've only ever heard positive things from everyone going. If you're a newbie and not sure what to expect I'd recommend you have a nosey through some of the past meetup threads or take a read of the feedback one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056884345

Honestly though, all the lads I've met are really welcoming and don't worry there are definitely no cliques or any of that malarky. Anyways if you're interested add your name to the list and feel free to suggest some where for afters too.

LIST:

1 Cosmic Maybe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

About freaking time :P. I should be still kicking around :)

Just want to reiterate, these meet ups have been great for me too so give it a go.

LIST:

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Count me in...Im a newbie! :)
    LIST:

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 cpl1985

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Should be good craic, as usual :)

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885

• Registered Users Posts: 2 skinnylove2013

Count me in...Im a newbie :)

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

Damn you all. I missed the last meetup because I was going home to Donegal. I went to an unofficial one last week and it was great (although I missed half it). Now the one week I plan to go home in ages you have a meetup! What am I going to tell my mum? That her son has been swayed by the bright gay lights of Dublin?!

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

cpl1985 wrote: »
    Count me in...Im a newbie! :)
    LIST:

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 cpl1985

You may have missed CPL1985 cause he/she is an unreggd user

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

cpl1985 and skinnylove2013 posted the exact same thing, I think they may be the same poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I'll put myself down as a maybe for now :)

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)
    6 mr.anonymous (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

It's been too long! I'll have to make an appearance at the very least.

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)
    6 mr.anonymous (maybe)
    7. Xevkin

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Xevkin wrote: »
    It's been too long! I'll have to make an appearance at the very least.

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)
    6 mr.anonymous (maybe)
    7. Xevkin
    8. Manicmailman

I have a football match the day after so I'll probably take it handy with the drink but t'will be there (not in swimwear however).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Alright so, there's a table booked in Sweetmans/Messrs from 7 on Friday. Not sure of the exact location of it at this stage but they're going to put up a sign for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Italian30

Hi guys,

might be late to this party but I would be interested in future meet ups since I found it very difficult to make friends here in Dublin as an expat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Turns out I've now got a date that night (miracles do happen!) If someone let's me know where you're headed after the pub I might be able to make that bit of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Italian30 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

might be late to this party but I would be interested in future meet ups since I found it very difficult to make friends here in Dublin as an expat :)

Definitely, come along if you can make it!

I'll be there, but have to leave early as I'm working saturday morning :/

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)
    6 mr.anonymous (maybe)
    7. Xevkin
    8. Manicmailman
    9. face1990

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tster

I will attend

1 Cosmic Maybe
    2 playedalive
    3 Ash885
    4 skinnylove2013
    5 unfortunately (maybe)
    6 mr.anonymous (maybe)
    7. Xevkin
    8. Manicmailman
    9. face1990
    10. tster

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I'll be there later on. Post where ye are :)

See you all later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Hey so we're in the basement literally! Just go down stairs opposite the ground floor bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I won't be able to make it tonight. Haven't been feeling well today. But have fun. :)

Advertisement