Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 World Grand Prix Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

anderson will always be a nearly man i think,pity

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is some match here between van Gerwan / Chisnall! Was almost all over right there! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Delighted for Chisnall there.

What a disgrace from Wade ,he really is a bad apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Some great darts played tonight.

Taylor was immense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Absolutely delighted for Chisnall. He is a top class player but for whatever reason he hasn't really shown it on tv. Tonight he did and he fully deserved his win.

Wade is well known for that type of behavior, I would definitely not be a fan of his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Some night last night, was sitting right by the rail for the walk ons and the atmosphere was deadly.

Got Taylor and Chizzy to autograph my program as well.

Chizzy played class, 10 180s in a double start first to 3 is crazy.
    Love to see him win it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Phil Taylor really is a different class. Seems like a genuinely nice guy too and seems to get on with the rest of the guys - unlike Wade's storm off earlier!
    Really???
    He's nice when he's winning and even that comes with patronising and condescending waffle.
    Different story when he's not playing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Hope the crowd get behind Chizzy tonight he didn't deserve that last night. Class player who may be just about to go stellar. As for Wade ... He'll have his clock cleaned this evening :D

want chizzy to win it now,cannot stand taylor or wade..so hopefully pipe has a bad night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Chizzy a different player so far tonight, he's struggling so far.

• Advertisement

pipe gone to pieces

Pipe really seems to drag people down.

Lewis, Hamilton and Chisnall all played awful against him.

Unfortunately this match looks like it's going to be a walk in the park for Taylor. Very easy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this match looks like it's going to be a walk in the park for Taylor. Very easy so far

Wade is getting his ass handed to him so far here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Christ he's insufferable...

That was hilarious, Taylor having a go at Rod Studd who asked him a perfectly reasonable question. He really us an unlikable man.

He really is not a nice person, he was so out of line there it was insane.

Then the lads try and cover it up saying he was annoyed at Wade not trying, gtfo.

Chisnall was the last person to beat Taylor at the Worlds, of course its a valid question, if you dont ask what Phil wants he throws his toys out of the pram and no one can saything because he runs the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Riprock

And the lads also said something like 'oh but Taylor doesn't show his frustration on the stage, he's a professional up there'.... eh, what about the episode with Barney!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

was at it friday night, atmosphere was not as good as last few times
    new room is to big or something, i felt sorry for the players getting stick for no reason
    first few games were poor which didnt help
    when you compare it to the 9000 fans at the 02 for premier league its like chalk and cheese
    standard of darts over all hasnt being great all week, bar 1 or 2 classics

hope taylor is bet , he is a nasty piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

wat did he ask taylor and wat was taylors reply I missed it all last night ...would love to see chisnel win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

leoch wrote: »
    wat did he ask taylor and wat was taylors reply I missed it all last night ...would love to see chisnel win

Unfortunately its recorded on a spoon, but you'll get the jist.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

aye that's typical of the ahole wat was wade doing on stage to annoy him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

mdwexford wrote: »
    Some night last night, was sitting right by the rail for the walk ons and the atmosphere was deadly.

Got Taylor and Chizzy to autograph my program as well.

Chizzy played class, 10 180s in a double start first to 3 is crazy.
    Love to see him win it now.

....and he had one where the dart fell of of the treble. He played really well.
    Hopefully he'll keep it going in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

leoch wrote: »
    aye that's typical of the ahole wat was wade doing on stage to annoy him

Taylor accused him after of not trying saying he had let down those who had had a bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭buster180

Here is a better video of the interview. The man really is an obnoxious bitter little man. Hope Chisnall beats him tonight although I cant see it.

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/v/137508/Phil-Taylor-blows-up#ooid=hmOGRyZjrTZN7KFjkeEb6UgIHovdoHU7

• Registered Users Posts: 33 johnnybegood

Could anyone tell me how many 180's Taylor and Wade threw in last nites game?

I know that Chisnell threw 10. I did that Paddy Power special at 6/4 for chis and phil to throw more 180's than their opponents.

Thanks

The walk on girls are looking well!

Would live Chizzy to win this but he needs to play the game of his life.

poor crowd at it, none of the rear tables full

sc86 wrote: »
    poor crowd at it, none of the rear tables full

Yeah very poor, you can hear an echo around the hall.

• Advertisement

friday night was down as sold out yet 3/4 of the tierd seats were empty
    but tonight there must only be 1k max at it?

easy set for taylor, could be a short game

Advertisement