Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tesco Tab - Hudl

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 windy1

still no sign of Hudl 2 coming south so may try PM and get one. All reviews ive read are very posative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

afaik the first hudl wasnt available here either, without pm so maybe a trip up or pm

just at a loss to understand why they wont stock it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

windy1 wrote: »
    just at a loss to understand why they wont stock it here

Read it is geographic restrictions of the software on the tablet.

Im not to savy with specs but cant understand that, It runs on googles KitKat operating system and has an Intel duel core processor, but then maybe im thick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

MaceFace wrote: »
    Read it is geographic restrictions of the software on the tablet.

Android works perfectly well over here. If there are any restrictions they are artificial. Like rights holders geoblocking videos on youtube etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Android works perfectly well over here. If there are any restrictions they are artificial. Like rights holders geoblocking videos on youtube etc.

It's not the android system itself but the additional software.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

is google play on it

Yes it is, check it out on Tesco Direct

The last hudl wasnt available here because it is preloaded with uk only stuff, like blinkbox and the tesco website brings you to tesco direct, i think it might be too hard for them to change for ireland in case they didnt sell here. ill be checking it out next week when i head up

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    The last hudl wasnt available here because it is preloaded with uk only stuff, like blinkbox and the tesco website brings you to tesco direct, i think it might be too hard for them to change for ireland in case they didnt sell here. ill be checking it out next week when i head up

would be interested to here what you find out about it as im seriously considering getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

daytob wrote: »

From my understanding its a kindle like situation, Tesco want to make money on these services. The services dont work in Ireland so theres no point in selling a low profit margin tablet here.

@windy 1
    had a play with it today, it doesnt feel like a tesco tablet, feels a lot more premium. dare i say it feels like a sammy or even worse the fruity tab.
    was very fast doing anything I threw at it, web looked quite bright on a few websites i frequent. All in all it looks so much better, faster and feels more expensive than the hudl.1 I have the hudl.1 and while it is ok * not brilliant, this one feels better, faster. I would have no problem buying one for myself or recommending to others, worth noting that the outlet now has a tesco express * huge one btw and they have them in stock, thats just over the border. you can get the points on you clubcard from down here too.

thanks for that daytob, to be honest i think i just needed to hear it from someone so i think I'll be making a plan. BTW was it Newry you went to ? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bought one last night, fairly impressed so far but only really been browsing the web. The only gripe I have so far is the touchscreen, it's a 50/50 job as to whether or not it registers my touch, I find myself having to use more 'force' than normal to register consistently. The first thing I did was put a Tesco screen protector on it so I don't know if that's contributing to the issue but having used various other devices with protectors on this is the first to be noticeably annoying.

windy1 wrote: »
    thanks for that daytob, to be honest i think i just needed to hear it from someone so i think I'll be making a plan. BTW was it Newry you went to ? cheers
    no belfast, on the way back popped into the m1 outlet or whatever its called, near banbridge. They built the tesco facing the outlet and you can drive over or walk over if you fancy.

Advertisement