Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Clare v Cork All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Amprodude wrote: »
    Leave it be.

+1, there wasnt a dirty stroke by anyone yesterday. Great sportsmanship from both sets of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Amprodude wrote: »
    Leave it be.
    Shane cant be blamed too much as he aint a full back,never was.One goal i blame him for an awful ist touch.The other goals were he cant boss the square.

Its as much management fault as it is shanes,but to be fair,management had not a lot of options due to injuries.

It was like 2012 league final,maccie roasted by larkin ,but proved he is a fine corner back.

He is more a hurler than a commander in chief.Yesterday doesnt deface hes value in cork fans eyes,rather confirm what many of us have said in the cork thread,he is not a full back.

Two finals in two years we had a corner back at full,i hope in the next final we have a natural full back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

So homesick. The mother just met the man himself.

1044446_4874082430154_790827155_n.jpg

It's my grandmother's 75th birthday today. So much love for this photo. She looks thrilled.

526931_4874083070170_3047181_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

If you're homesick tune into ennisapp.ie http://www.ennisapp.ie/live-broadcast/
    For the homecoming!

• Advertisement

If you're homesick tune into ennisapp.ie http://www.ennisapp.ie/live-broadcast/
    For the homecoming!

Lovely stuff. I was listening to Clare FM.

Some scenes in Newmarket!

1384013_10151614030877791_531658194_n.jpg

My niece with Liam.

1383473_10202008447642628_1371340220_n.jpg

I'll stop now. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

As a Corkman just wanna congratulate Clare on a great performance yesrterday. Brilliant performance and sheer hunger paid off as ye never let us build up a head of steam-those 2 points when we came within 1 really help kill us off. Fair play and enjoy the celebrations.

Top year for the GAA in general with the cups going to so many different counties can only be a good thing for both skills. Even Mayo got in on the act!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    As a Corkman just wanna congratulate Clare on a great performance yesrterday. Brilliant performance and sheer hunger paid off as ye never let us build up a head of steam-those 2 points when we came within 1 really help kill us off. Fair play and enjoy the celebrations.

Top year for the GAA in general with the cups going to so many different counties can only be a good thing for both skills. Even Mayo got in on the act!

I think Hurling for the next few years is going to be exceptional, there's what? 6-7 teams in with a shout? Munsters going to be lethal and Leinster is competitive again. Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Figerty

Ilik Urgee wrote: »

It takes two teams to tango; and we saw two great teams tango yesterday. Cork deserve massive credit for their performance and they are not going to be far away next year.

Really great game, with great skills, fitness and talent. Joy to watch.

• Advertisement

Sixmilebridge.

734105_10202127073155773_254384500_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

[-0-] wrote: »
    Sixmilebridge.

734105_10202127073155773_254384500_n.jpg

Great colour and turnout there. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

30 thousand people in the fairgreen in Ennis at 9 tonight waiting for the team, it was some night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Very well done to Clare. Simply magnificent. Kudos to Cork too for sticking with them for so long, considering Clare were dominant for most of the game.

One thing I don't understand is how JBM failed to counter Clare's dominance in the full forward line. O'Donnell and McGrath were causing so much havoc in there, yet neither Conor O'Sullivan or Stephen McDonnell were called ashore despite being at sixes and sevens. Brian Murphy should have been put full back with Shane O'Neill switched to the corner, that could have helped shore things up. Every time Clare attacked you sensed a goal could be scored yet the management team failed to react.

The whole thing sorts to sink in a little bit after seeing so many people out at the Fairgreen to welcome the team.

We are All-Ireland champions and won it in style. What a nice, nice feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Anybody have links of the pics in Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What a night in Ennis over 20,000 - savage stuff.

I thought the 8,000 turning out for the Mayo homecoming was low enough but a measly 3,000 turned out in Cork last night. The Cork hurling team were brilliant this year and for a turnout like that is scandalous. They deserve more than that.

Warper wrote: »
    What a night in Ennis over 20,000 - savage stuff.

I thought the 8,000 turning out for the Mayo homecoming was low enough but a measly 3,000 turned out in Cork last night. The Cork hurling team were brilliant this year and for a turnout like that is scandalous. They deserve more than that.

I hate saying it and its totally unfair but most people are bandwagon supporters and a team being brillant and not winning are two things that dont go together with alot of fans. As they say the winner takes it all. Sport can be cruel for the loosers. The excitement is never there with a loosing teams homecoming but still people should give them their support. I was there yesterday for a while but i for one would die for this team and Cork GAA.

My Kerry friends gave me some doing in work today with Cork losing at weekend. Weeks like this are hard but you got to love the GAA banter with counties and friends. :D

• Advertisement

I remember going to the "homecoming" in 2002 after we lost the final to Kilkenny, and really it felt a bit weird.
    The feeling after losing the final is simply one of disappointment, not much to celebrate.
    Maybe some people feel it shows support to the team, but the team didn't really look like they wanted to be there either.

Reaching the final has sort of already been celebrated I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I remember going to the "homecoming" in 2002 after we lost the final to Kilkenny, and really it felt a bit weird.
    The feeling after losing the final is simply one of disappointment, not much to celebrate.
    Maybe some people feel it shows support to the team, but the team didn't really look like they wanted to be there either.

Reaching the final has sort of already been celebrated I guess.

This might seem like an exaggeration as comparisons go, but it's the best I can think of: it's like a funeral. A family prob doesn't want to be at that, and neither do you, but showing support is the right thing to do. The players routinely say they dint like to be at it, but cancelling it would be a much greater disrespect to them. Horrible weather in Cork last night probably put people off but the players deserved better given how far they've cone as a team so quickly. Jbm promising the crowd an AI reminds me of Cody doing the same years ago, and we all know how that panned out. Many kk players pointed to the pain and pride (in their good reception) they felt in a losing homecoming as a factor in motivating tthem in later years.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I think all hurling and GAA fans in general are still basking in the afterglow of what was a magnificent game on saturday (always a strange day for a championship match imho)
    A great game, a great year for hurling, and deserved winners in Clare who were phenomenal, and yet they were only marginally better on the day than Cork who will be back im sure.
    Fairplay to Davy Fitz and JBM for the game(s) and manner in which it was played.

Advertisement