Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th year study diary

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tianna

Biology-- defence system and 2014 exam craft mock short questions
    Business-- finished HR
    Music-- 2010 and 2008 Q6
    Maths-- rev sequences
    English-- language genres

Every day this week I am planning to do an essay plan for English because I think that it's one of my weakest subjects at the moment!

On a side note I seem to be the only person who seems to be completely shocked by the thought of doing 8+ hours of study a day, even with frequent breaks my brain just can't cope! I know is not about how many hours you do but let's face it, the more time you spend studying the more you are going to get covered surely?!

I started really late today and now I feel really guilty :(

Business-- short questions
    Maths-- finished sequences and series, revised induction
    English-- language genres
    French-- phrases

Was unfortunately woken up at 6 today so I've been quite tired but still got a lot done!

6:45am- 1h 6mins- Biology- two genetics chapters
    8:40am- 27mins- Trigonometry proofs
    10:00am- 1h- Differentiation
    11:00am- 1h 3mins- Yeats done forever
    2:00pm- 56mins- Integration
    4:00pm- 27mins- French le dopage
    6:20pm- 40mins- Biology short questions
    7:20pm- 40mins- Business exams questions unit 4

Tomorrow I plan on focusing on English and business!

English-- Macbeth kingship
    Business-- Management activities
    Maths-- Functions and revision of trig identities
    Biology-- 2008 mock short questions

• Advertisement

Yesterday wasn't great, couldn't get into it!

Business-- revision of management activities and half of communication
    Maths-- half of statistics
    English-- Macbeth kingship and half of good vs evil
    Biology-- DNA crosses

Today is not going well at all, I'm so tired for no reason, have a headache, don't think I'll get much studied today!

Yesterday:

French-- le dopage revision
    Business-- other half of communication and 2006 short questions
    Maths-- functions
    English-- Dickinson

Today

Biology-- 15 experiments and variation and evolution
    Business-- management skill leading and motivation
    Macbeth-- finished good vs evil, witches and supernatural some Q B revision
    Maths-- central limit theorem

I should be studying more seeing as there is only three days until the exams but I'm not... Don't think I'm very good at cramming!

English over phew! I was quite happy with paper 1 rushed question Aiii a bit but I am always stuck for time it's an achievement for me to just answer every question!

P2 hmm not happy :( definitely lost purpose marks in poetry and Macbeth because I only half answered the second part of the question. Like there is always kinda two elements to the questions but I didn't answer both parts equally! And the comparative don't even want to talk about it... Did the two part cc question, part a page and a half part b two really awful pages of nothing! I didn't have enough time at ALL

Hopefully praying maths goes better!

• Advertisement

So maths! I was happy at first but now looking at the maths thread and answers I'm not so sure... Worried about the marks being front loaded because I actually got more of the part b's and c's rather than the part a's where I made really stupid mistakes. I think I'm looking at at B3/B2

So an update!

Maths paper 2
    I'm happy with how this went, a lot better than paper 1, a few unnecessary mistakes as always...stupid exam pressure! B1 I'm praying!

Biology
    Definitely my best so far! I'm not going to over analyze it like I've done for everything else to keep me sane! I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe an A2!

French
    Happy with the aural thought it was easy enough. Except for the first question on the last page I mixed up incendie with inondation so I said fire and I thought I was really smart for getting it :( Comprehensions for the most part were fine. Had a nice bit learnt off for equality and phrases for the journal intime but I feel like there were probably spelling and grammar mistakes in the first question. Overall pleased probably a B1!

Business
    I honestly have no idea how it went, I'm just so glad to have it over with!! If I had, had more time I think I could have done really well but was rushing through it to get it all done. Wasn't my best work but not bad, guess well just had to see! I'm gonna predict a B2.

Only music left in 6 days time and then I'm free :)

So the results are in!!
    I am delighted with my points, I got 550! But disappointed with one of my results and I had to count it as I only did 6 higher level.

Biology---A1
    Maths
    A2
    French----A2
    Music
    A2
    Business-A2
    English---C2

I will definitely be getting English rechecked thought I would have done better!

should get my first choice anyway though :)

Advertisement