Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th year study diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tianna

Haven't been posting because I have just been doing the panicked cramming studying lately which is not going to help me in any way in the long run.

I regret using the spoiler thread and I know that my mock results are not going to reflect the amount of studying I have been doing.

I am determined that I will never be as unprepared for exams ever again. Due to these mocks being a lost cause I am going to begin properly studying for the aurals starting tomorrow instead. I have to remember that they are the real deal, 40% of Irish, 20% of French and 50% of music will depend on how I do in 9 weeks. Bring it on.

I just spent half an hour writing how all my mocks went and then it didn't post properly :( so here is a short summary

English
    Didn't get the third comprehension question done, need to work on timing. Essay and question B we okay nothing special maybe a B grade.

Paper two I used spoilers so my Macbeth and poetry questions were pretty good. My comparative was awful I got really tired or something, couldn't think.

Maths
    Timing seriously needs work. I could have done really well, but I didn't even get some questions attempted. Also the applications questions I found very hard.

Irish
    I would have failed without spoilers, I am not good at Irish.

Business
    I looked at spoilers but I didn't do any extra study so I think business will be quite a good representation of where I'm at. I was pleasantly surprised at how much information came back to me and I got the whole paper done, a big accomplishment for me!

french
    Similarly for french, I looked at spoilers but was too lazy to learn the stuff I knew was coming up. French is probably one of my best subjects, it went well.

biology
    I looked at examcraft spoilers but it turned out to be the DEB paper. I actually happy because I'm going to get what I deserve. It was kinda hard, not the best, not the worst.

music
    Was grand, don't have much to say about it.

Getting back into study after taking first four days of midterm off. Had an Irish oral grind today, really helped but I have to learn the sraith from scratch because we had been doing them 'wrong' in school. :/

Biology: nervous system
    Irish: oral, poems

Biology: revised nervous system did some exam questions will do more tomorrow
    Irish: oral and two sraith
    Business: half of expansion
    Maths: started probability, fundamental principals of counting, permutations and combinations

Irish: oral, mé féin, mo cheantar, 1 sraith
    business: finnished expansion and some exam questions
    maths: more probability

• Advertisement

Irish: oral mo chlann

100 days left until the leaving cert tomorrow, if I counted correctly! I think I just had my first panic attack, but it will all be okay in the end, just have to work hard for these next 100 days.

Got two mock results back
    French--B2
    Maths--C1

I really need to improve on my French production ecrite because it brought me down. Maths I looked at spoilers so I actually would have gotten a C2 which is meh.

today:
    biology-- nervous system exam Q's
    Irish-- one sraith and scoil
    English-- Larkin, ambulances
    Maths-- more probability

English-- B2 I think the corrector marked it very easily everyone in my class got at least a B!

maths-- more probability
    biology-- plant responses
    irish-- sraith

English--Larkin at grass
    business--half EU
    Biology-- finished plant responses
    Maths-- more probability
    Irish-- oral

• Advertisement

Did so much today took all day!

English-- 2009 comprehension A and B
    Maths-- finished probability finally
    French-- 2013 first two production ecrite
    Business-- finished EU
    Irish-- oral, gaeilge
    Biology-- IAA experiment
    Music-- sean-nos essay

Not much today was exhausted!

Irish--oral summer job
    maths-- Bernoulli trials
    biology-- breathing for test

I think I'm coming down with something have been feeling so tired!

business- started government
    maths-- tried to study games of chance, it didn't happen
    Biology-- cell division

I have an Irish mock oral on Friday just worried about the sraith pictiurs

got more results

Business-- B2
    Music-- D1
    study much and paper was hard my practical should bring this up a good bit though!

Got an A2 in biology very happy.

over last two days

business--finished government and half of industy
    Maths-- limits of functions and differentiation by first principles
    Larkin-- two more poems
    Irish-- more oral

I have my Irish mock oral tomorrow, not looking forward to it at all because I don't know my sraith :'(

also I think I am going to explode with stress, its not at a good level right now. Its not being helped by the fact that my friends are in a certain grinds school and I just feel like they have an advantage over me and will do a lot better in the leaving cert.

So I got 234/240 97.5% in my Irish oral, I was so lucky I got a sraith that I had learnt :P but the teacher that did it was way too easy a marker because I definitely did not deserve that, he asked me really basic questions. Its annoying because it wasn't a proper mock oral, he even spoke in English a bit!

today:
    French --oral
    Business--half international trade
    Maths-- differentiation by rule

Business-- finished international trade
    Irish-- 1 sraith
    Maths-- more differentiation
    French--oral

Why cant I seem to study?! Have another Irish and French oral on Saturday and haven't done much for either of them.

french-- bit of oral work

After seeing how much work one of my friends is doing I am very motivated to work harder!

irish--sraith
    business--social responsibility
    english--larkin

Business-- ethics and environment
    French--oral and tenses

French--oral
    Maths-- differentiation
    Biology--Lymphatic system
    English--Larkin and speech writing

• Advertisement

Too tired today, just

biology-- viruses

got Irish mock back got a C but I looked at spoilers so I definitely didn't deserve that :( but I did get a B1 in my mock oral.

Had my French mock oral today got 84% need to work a bit on my verbs and tenses.

Irish--oral

I really need to pick up the pace at this stage but I wont have time to do any study tomorrow!

in total I've gotten 475 in my mocks not including orals which should bring it up a little bit. So I need to go up by around 55 points to get to 525. To be honest though I'm not going to be happy unless I break the 550 barrier!!

Maths-- differentiation graphs
    Irish-- oral and sraith

Its scary that I started this thread 7 months ago :O

business- entrepreneurship, managing and skill of leadership
    Maths-- more differentiation graghs
    Irish--oral school

I really couldn't concentrate today I honestly felt like I had an attention deficit disorder. I started work at 2 didn't Finnish until nine and got barely anything done! But I keep telling myself 'you know more than you did yesterday, its gonna be ok' I'm beginning to get panicky!

Maths--Finished differentiation graphs
    French-- oral sport

Maths-- integration all of it
    Biology--blood
    Music--ceili band essay
    Irish--sraith
    French--oral, weekend and sport
    Business--motivation and communication

French oral is this day next week!

today:
    French-- oral myself, family,sport, area, house
    Biology--revised viruses and blood started defence system
    English--one poem

French--more oral
    Biology--finished defence system
    Maths--part one of complex numbers

Maths-- half of the second complex numbers chapter
    Music--Berlioz 4th movement marche au supplice
    Biology--started plant reproduction
    Business-- most of EU chapter
    French-- oral oral oral

haven't done Irish oral in quite some time but with my French on Thursday I just can't bring myself to do any Irish, I'll get too confused!
    I have been practising piano a lot for my practical also.
    need to go back over some biology too I'm beginning to forget some things i learnt last wee

• Advertisement

Just French oral today! I'm all set for tomorrow, is it weird that I'm kinda looking forward to it? :p Will probably be nervous tomorrow though!

Advertisement