Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I said on the daily thread too...

Gibraltar +5 @10/11.

What do ye think?

MOD

I think as you already asked it in the other thread, there is no need to post here as well.

Reasoned tips here, questions in the daily thread, please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ethan35

thanks for the tips guys!!!!!! :)

Portugal U21 - Holland U21

Portugal -1 AH @2.2

Took this in a double with last night Iceland DC.

Saw the first leg when Holland lost 2-0 and this Portugal team was head and shoulders above the Dutch.
    Played really as a team, good technique as you would expect and overall much more mature than the Dutch were.
    Dutch werent helped by the fact they lost their coach when Van Gaal signed for Man Utd and took the Dutch U21 coach with him. New coach has a 0-0-3 start, all 3 at home vs Georgia, Slowakia and now Portugal. No goals scored, 4 conceded.

Holland lost Van Beek compared to last thursday's match in defence and that will not make them stronger either.

Straight Portugal win @1.7 is combo filler.

Motivation for Portugal will have to be the fact they have now 9 wins in this qualification and therefore can qualify with a 10-0-0 record.

As for unders/overs.
    Can see this turn out into some "slugfest" where they will try to outscore each other result in 4-2 or something.
    Holland still has some capable guys up front, Manu for example can hurt the Portuguese defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Levan Mchedlidze provided he starts for Georgia will be on him for 2+ 6/1
    small on hatrick 20/1

inforfun wrote: »
    Portugal U21 - Holland U21

Portugal -1 AH @2.2

Took this in a double with last night Iceland DC.

Saw the first leg when Holland lost 2-0 and this Portugal team was head and shoulders above the Dutch.
    Played really as a team, good technique as you would expect and overall much more mature than the Dutch were.
    Dutch werent helped by the fact they lost their coach when Van Gaal signed for Man Utd and took the Dutch U21 coach with him. New coach has a 0-0-3 start, all 3 at home vs Georgia, Slowakia and now Portugal. No goals scored, 4 conceded.

Holland lost Van Beek compared to last thursday's match in defence and that will not make them stronger either.

Straight Portugal win @1.7 is combo filler.

Motivation for Portugal will have to be the fact they have now 9 wins in this qualification and therefore can qualify with a 10-0-0 record.

As for unders/overs.
    Can see this turn out into some "slugfest" where they will try to outscore each other result in 4-2 or something.
    Holland still has some capable guys up front, Manu for example can hurt the Portuguese defence.

Guess i was right there 5-4

Void and a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

inforfun wrote: »
    Guess i was right there 5-4

Void and a win

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Going to put a nice sum on pellé anytime goal today, scored on his italian debut during the week I imagine that should really boost him and have him full of confidence at home for today's game against Sunderland. He's also just been awarded premiership player of the month for September. 5 goals already this season looks like he's going to be an incredible striker.

Pellé anytime 13/10
    Perllé first goal 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Going to put a nice sum on pellé anytime goal today, scored on his italian debut during the week I imagine that should really boost him and have him full of confidence at home for today's game against Sunderland. He's also just been awarded premiership player of the month for September. 5 goals already this season looks like he's going to be an incredible striker.

Pellé anytime 13/10
    Perllé first goal 9/2

Was there any doubt!!!! - quality player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

As always, the Liverpool fans are out for a punt on matchday and, as a consequence, Real are on the (slight) drift. Best price 5/6 yesterday but plenty of 10/11 available on Real now and I would be surprised if Paddy Power didn't offer a "While Stocks Last" teaser of Evens at lunchtime. I will be jumping on that like a cat on a pigeon!! If that offer does not materialise, I will still be perfectly happy to back Real @ 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

byronbay2 wrote: »
    As always, the Liverpool fans are out for a punt on matchday and, as a consequence, Real are on the (slight) drift. Best price 5/6 yesterday but plenty of 10/11 available on Real now and I would be surprised if Paddy Power didn't offer a "While Stocks Last" teaser of Evens at lunchtime. I will be jumping on that like a cat on a pigeon!! If that offer does not materialise, I will still be perfectly happy to back Real @ 10/11.

Reckon it's to do with real playing barca at the weeekend too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

As anticipated, Real are Evens in PP now "while Stocks Last" - get on now if you fancy them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

byronbay2 wrote: »
    As anticipated, Real are Evens in PP now "while Stocks Last" - get on now if you fancy them!

Not appealing at all tbh I'd rather back a Ronaldo goal than an away win after watching them away to Ludogerets

Standard Liege - Sevilla

Sevilla win looks good but i went for the Sevilla to score over 1,5 @1.8 in stead. Slightly better odds and Sevilla gave away a 2-0 lead at Rijeka recently.

Standard got rid of their coach last monday and will have his assistent in charge tonight.
    I saw Standard against Feyenoord 2 weeks ago and the 2-1 defeat flattered Standard quite a bit. Bad team in bad form which reflects their league standing 11th.

Thye will replace their goalkeeper tonight, japanese international Kawashima will be replaced for a while at least by Yohann Thuram.
    Kawashima apparently was blundering too often lately although he kept Standard i nthe match at Feyenoord with some fantastic saves.

After 2 matches
    Sevilla 2-4
    Standard 2-3 +1 GD
    Feyenoord 2-3 -1 GD
    Rijeka 2-1

So a win tongiht and a win in Sevilla against Standard and Sevilla is high and dry and can sent their U17's to Rotterdam for feyenoord - Sevilla (hopefully :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Two good looking prospects tonight.
    1. Nolito at 6/5 anytime for Celta v Levante, hes in excellent form and scored in their last meeting last season.

2. Michiel Kramer 5/4 anytime for ADO v Dordrecht in Holland, Kramer has 7in9 and has been good to me this season at far bigger prices, Dordrecht are conceding for fun so he should have chances.

Worth singles and a double i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

1. Nolito at 6/5 anytime for Celta v Levante, hes in excellent form and scored in their last meeting last season.

2. Michiel Kramer 5/4 anytime for ADO v Dordrecht in Holland, Kramer has 7in9 and has been good to me this season at far bigger prices, Dordrecht are conceding for fun so he should have chances.

+1 on Kramer

Backing strikers who play Dordrecht has/will be very profitable this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Kramer in already! Saw it too late to get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

At least Kramer came in so id minor profit, how Nolito didnt get one when Celta got three!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Piast Gliwice v Jagiellonia
    Polish Premier Division @2.30pm

My first post in here in a long time but I'll keep this short and sweet.
    Piast are 12 out of 16th in the league. They started the season poorely, picking up no wins in their first 6 games. 2 of their 4 wins this season have come against teams fighting for relegation. Their back line is prone to a lot of errors and are very slow. Today their best striker who scored a hat trick in their last home game against 2nd placed Legia Warsaw has to wear a face mask for a broken nose so that'll take a lot of getting used to. They're also without one of their best midfielders.

Jagiellonia are 3rd in the league. They've got 4 wins from their last 5 games and look to be on great form. They create a lot of goalscoring chances and against a weak defence, they could run riot. They have no injury worries coming into this.

I think the odds are massive for the way the visitors are playing at the moment.

My pick:
    Jagiellonia @ 6/4

hefferboi wrote: »
    Piast Gliwice v Jagiellonia
    Polish Premier Division @2.30pm

My first post in here in a long time but I'll keep this short and sweet.
    Piast are 12 out of 16th in the league. They started the season poorely, picking up no wins in their first 6 games. 2 of their 4 wins this season have come against teams fighting for relegation. Their back line is prone to a lot of errors and are very slow. Today their best striker who scored a hat trick in their last home game against 2nd placed Legia Warsaw has to wear a face mask for a broken nose so that'll take a lot of getting used to. They're also without one of their best midfielders.

Jagiellonia are 3rd in the league. They've got 4 wins from their last 5 games and look to be on great form. They create a lot of goalscoring chances and against a weak defence, they could run riot. They have no injury worries coming into this.

I think the odds are massive for the way the visitors are playing at the moment.

My pick:
    Jagiellonia @ 6/4

Won 2-0! Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Won 2-0! Not bad!
    Went 1 up when I was sticking them in my acca but still got them at 4/9 in there, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Won 2-0! Not bad!

Ah for **** sake. In my hungover state this morning I backed the wrong team!!!

Stupid complicated names.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Creteil v Sochaux
    BTTS 11/10

Creteil scored in all 5 home games, Sochaux scored in all 5 away games

262y4jt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Creteil v Sochaux
    BTTS 11/10

Creteil scored in all 5 home games, Sochaux scored in all 5 away games

winner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Who wants some huge value?
    Betfair exchange
    http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.116176702

That is huge should be 2.66 you are getting 3.2 because Skybet enhanced and layers pushed the price out , I have had thousands on this bet i am filled up so mentioning it here now

Sorry the bet is Arsenal/Chelsea/Everton to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

lets see your screen grab baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I'd rather not post screengrabs of my accounts as I know bookies monitor screen grabs from forums , i'm not aftertiming its a really really good bet your getting 9/4 on a less than 7/4 shot , ive had a very big bet on it. All the best

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

To be fair, many of us have seen previous screen grabs of his large bets, we tend not to ask anymore....size doesn't matter though:P

China Super league:

Hangzhou Greentown vs Changchun YaTai
    @7.35am Irish time.

This is the last fixture in the league this season. Both teams are 3 points above the relegation zone so 1 point will guarantee them safety. Can see both teams going all out defensively and there may even be a gentleman's agreement between them ;)

Pick: Draw @ 3.00

China Super league:

Hangzhou Greentown vs Changchun YaTai
    @7.35am Irish time.

This is the last fixture in the league this season. Both teams are 3 points above the relegation zone so 1 point will guarantee them safety. Can see both teams going all out defensively and there may even be a gentleman's agreement between them ;)

Pick: Draw @ 3.00

Finished 1-1!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Finished 1-1!!

Thanks. Made a few bob on this.

Advertisement