Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest Hair - Yay or Nay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ulinbac wrote: »
    Well,

So been getting in to shape recently with a Personal Trainer. Its been going well and every few weeks we take body pics to assess progress. He said yesterday it's going well but that "I need to get rid of the hedge" on the chest to see the difference chest wise. He told me wax or laser it off.

What do you think of chest/stomach hair? Do you wax/shave or laser it off? If so why or if not would you consider it?

I have said no and the gf likes the chest hair but kind of thinking would be worth a try once anyway. FWIW the chest is not overly hairy but would have above average amount.

Make sure you gel it down for the next 'viewing':rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

Really dislike hairy chests on men - instant turn off for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

therealme wrote: »
    Really dislike hairy chests on men - instant turn off for me.

You're in the minority it seems ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

You're in the minority it seems ;)
    Great for a single girl - line up all the hairless men, I'v no competition so :D

therealme wrote: »
    Great for a single girl - line up all the hairless men, I'v no competition so :D

touche :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I usually just trim my chest hair with an electric clippers. It keeps it short and neat but I still don't look like a young boy who can't grow chest hair. Shaving your chest completely with a razor is a pain in the arse anyway and too time-consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

I usually just trim my chest hair with an electric clippers. It keeps it short and neat but I still don't look like a young boy who can't grow chest hair. Shaving your chest completely with a razor is a pain in the arse anyway and too time-consuming.

Does that not give you sharpish stubble like on your face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

ulinbac wrote: »
    Does that not give you sharpish stubble like on your face?
    Not really, depends on how close you cut it. But yeah stubble on your chest can be annoying when it starts catching your shirt and stuff. I try not to cut that close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I love snuggling into a lovely hairy chest. :) Can't understand why any man would shave/wax it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

26 haven't got chest hair but if I did I can't imagine I would bother shaving it. Even if it was as low as 50/50 with women I'd take my chances.

Hairy back, if it was a thing I would try and do something about (as I'm relatively young) but I'd say I won't even give a **** about that when I'm older.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Hairy chests are a major turn on for me. Don't understand the appeal of baby smooth chests to be honest.

So my advice op is leave it be.

Hairy back looks well dodgy

I have a massively hairy arse.

Used to shave it when I was single but my girlfriend isn't bothered by it so now I dont bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

OP that stuff the personal trainer is dating is such crap, sure how often would you even be going around with your top off showing off your "results" anyway? You'd notice someone is in good shape regardless of if they have a hairy chest or not.

My ex has a really hairy chest and always works out and it's obvious he's in good shape, no need to shave/wax etc.

And to me (and a lot of other women it seems) a hairy chest is far more attractive than a smooth chest. I don't really mind if someone is naturally quite smooth (i.e. Can't really grow hair) but that really obvious smooth waxed chest, bleugh. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Yay!! I'm another fan of the hairy chest, don't shave it..you'll be itchy & scratchy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

When I turned 27 in June, it was almost like evolution was doing a reverse back to the days when we were apes. Hairy as a mofo all of a sudden.

I've been to A and E a few times due to drunken excesses

Used to hate when the nurses would shave my chest with some scabby disposable razors to get the ECG heart sticker thingies to stay on.

Covered in patches when I was getting discharged

Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

Chest hair is grand! The only time I shaved mine was for charity. I was so freaking cold for a while. Although saying that I trim it and keep it tame. Mostly around the nipples. :/ Probably a bit too much info there. I apologise to anyone eating there dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭longfellow deeds

ok, think i'll let the bush grow back for a month or 2.
    I,ve been clipping it for the last 3/4 years. I started with the back & shoulders, "she thought it might look nicer", before I knew it I was onto the chest and then....
    anyway i've decided it's just too much hassle and Tom Selleck was always popular withe the ladies so... back to nature for me

Martonio wrote: »
    Chest hair is grand! The only time I shaved mine was for charity. I was so freaking cold for a while. Although saying that I trim it and keep it tame. Mostly around the nipples. :/ Probably a bit too much info there. I apologise to anyone eating there dinner!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't know definitively but I would assume it's just a remnant of the overall body hair with the chest being the core maybe hair being there for warmth is more important than other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is there any biological reason for hair on back and chest?

Isn't it a throwback to when our ancestors were covered in hair?

No idea about why some men have more hair than others.

Much the same with beard growth, some guys have a constant 5 o clock shadow and others can barely manage a few wisps on the chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

When I turned 27 in June, it was almost like evolution was doing a reverse back to the days when we were apes. Hairy as a mofo all of a sudden.

Hahaha ditto right here man! I spent 3 months on Dartmoor last year, it was fecking freezing the whole time, I was cold and wet for a lot of that... Me and a few other lads realised that our hair was expanding rapidly. Men of 26/27 growing hair where they never had it. I was a hairy lad anyway but now my nipples are covered, my chest hair expanded 360 degrees and I got tufts on my shoulders... I blame those three wintery months!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

I think that the amount of hair we have is due to testosterone levels and maybe genetics. As a species, humans do not need too much body hair (although it is unavoidable) due to the invention of clothes and we lose the function to thermoregulate.

• Administrators Posts: 53,636 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

awec wrote: »
    Didn't realise that you could start growing hair at that age.

My family is in general not very hairy so I don't think I'll ever all of a sudden start growing a hairy chest.

So long as chest hair isn't so long that it sticks out the top of your t-shirt then it's grand. If you can see it sticking out when wearing a t-shirt then it's time to trim it back a bit IMO.

I'm 39, and unfortunately you do grow progressively more hair as you get older, in places no one ever warned you about either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

awec wrote: »
    Didn't realise that you could start growing hair at that age.

My family is in general not very hairy so I don't think I'll ever all of a sudden start growing a hairy chest.

So long as chest hair isn't so long that it sticks out the top of your t-shirt then it's grand. If you can see it sticking out when wearing a t-shirt then it's time to trim it back a bit IMO.

I've always had fair hair, then this big black bush suddenly appeared on me.

First thing I did was beat me chest in front of the mirror when I noticed it.:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Love love love love love love (you get the picture) chest hair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

There is something instinctive in me that just thinks men are supposed to be hairy. I would be instantly turned off by a guy who shaves his body hair.

I love a hairy chest on a man, and find the hairs peeking out over the neck of a shirt so sexy. I don't even mind a hairy arse! And there is nothing cuter than that random little patch of hair some guys have at the base of their back.

Phew! Is it warm in here or is it just me?!

Advertisement