Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest Hair - Yay or Nay

Options
  • 17-09-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Well,

So been getting in to shape recently with a Personal Trainer. Its been going well and every few weeks we take body pics to assess progress. He said yesterday it's going well but that "I need to get rid of the hedge" on the chest to see the difference chest wise. He told me wax or laser it off.

What do you think of chest/stomach hair? Do you wax/shave or laser it off? If so why or if not would you consider it?

I have said no and the gf likes the chest hair but kind of thinking would be worth a try once anyway. FWIW the chest is not overly hairy but would have above average amount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I shave it off every now and again with the clipper I use for my hair. It does the job just fine. It doesn't take that long to grow back to a decent level either.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

I shave it off every now and again with the clipper I use for my hair. It does the job just fine. It doesn't take that long to grow back to a decent level either.

Does that not leave uncomfortable stubble though like with beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭loalae

I really like chest hair - I find it very sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

loalae wrote: »
    I really like chest hair - I find it very sexy!

Then I'm your man....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP laser is so expensive and requires like 5-12 sessions to get rid of chest hair. Most men now keep chest hair unlike 10 years ago. Most Americans just trim it with a clippers now rather than wax. It makes you look skinnier and more defined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Woouldn't bother getting rid of my chest hair, too much hassle, each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm quite find of my rug. Missus likes it too. Keeps me warm!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wouldn't know where to stop shaving, the fur starts at the top of my head and doesn't really stop until it gets to my feet!
    Plus, who wants a chest like a teenager anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'd love some, if only to get pissed off at it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm a hairy mofo too and if I was goin to get rid of my chest/stomach hair I'd would take a helluva lot of effort.

Feck that.

The missus loves it and every woman I've ever been with, without exception, has like it too, as Ciderman said above, who wants to look like a teenager with their shirt off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm keeping my Hasslehoff Rug come hell or high water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

F*ck no !! Women love it, it keeps you warm and its bloody itchy when it starts to grow back. I got a small section shaved for a tattoo last year and the itch from it growing back was worse than the tattoo healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Personally - I don't have a hairy chest but that's just genetics, there's a small bit there but I do shave it off using a trimmers when necessary, simply because imo, it looks out of place.

That said, if I had a large amount of chest hair, I don't know if I'd try to shave it - too much upkeep I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Nothing sexier than chest hair. Nothing.

I had an ex who shaved his sometimes and it became all bristly like a brillo pad as a result.

Don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dont shave it off.

I went out with a guy for a while, he always waxed his chest, it was awful to cuddle in to. Much prefer some bit of chest hair on a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Yay. Yay yay yay. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Stumbled across a youthful Alec Baldwin on a Knots Landing repeat on Sky the other night and was surprised at how hairy he was. I'm not sure you'd see any pretty boys these days on TV with hair on their chests as it seems to go against the metrosexual look. (think Beckham).

I'd say if it up to or similar to Baldwin's, it's fine. Any hairier, then a bit of trimming might be no harm.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

awec wrote: »
    Some guys suit them and some guys don't - I imagine if you've a very hairy chest then it would be a nuisance to get rid of and it would be like someone with a full head of hair trying to keep a completely smooth bald hairstyle.

Hairy back is a different story altogether though. :pac:

It looks grand. The gf likes it and so have previous exs. Its nothing like Baldwin. But ya hairy back is a def get rid off it I had one.

Legs,

Thats the fear. An itchy brillo pad like the face a day after shaving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Any guy that lasers his chest really wants to have a word with himself. If you're a little embarrassed about your monkey gene shining thru, perhaps trim a little
    But, I'm quite proud of my apelike look, proper old silverback I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

ulinbac wrote: »
    Well,

So been getting in to shape recently with a Personal Trainer. Its been going well and every few weeks we take body pics to assess progress. He said yesterday it's going well but that "I need to get rid of the hedge" on the chest to see the difference chest wise. He told me wax or laser it off.

What do you think of chest/stomach hair? Do you wax/shave or laser it off? If so why or if not would you consider it?

I have said no and the gf likes the chest hair but kind of thinking would be worth a try once anyway. FWIW the chest is not overly hairy but would have above average amount.

thats a lie, you'll notice the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm conflicted about chest hair. On one hand, if it's soft and well conditioned (ie: Straight out of a shower), it's nice and snuggly and I have no qualms about it. But on the other hand, I can't stand it when the hair is all wirey and rough like a Brillo pad. Not nice pulling hairs out of my teeth when I'm trying to kiss a guy's chest. I suppose -in my opinion anyways- that a little bit of fuzz is fine but I'm not sold on massive bear-like fuzz.
    Love a well-trimmed beard, though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

I don't grow any chest hair at all :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

I've a full carpet, and has been said, never met a member of the opposite sex who didn't love it.

Tight shirt, buttoned down 2 or 3 buttons at a time - hearts breaking all over the gaff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I'm quite hairy. Considering I find shaving my face a chore, doing that much would be a pain, plus, were do I stop? Would be a bit weird with a hairless torso, then hairy legs! :D

I've had a hairy chest since I was a young teenager and while some girls would think it was a bit unusual they would still like it, not one has ever said anything bad about it and a couple really (reallly!) liked it.

OP, if you shave you will notice more definition, thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It's not "chest hair"! It's the Rug Of Love... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I don't grow any chest hair at all :mad:
    Same 27 years old and never had any at all to speak off, Im a total baby face aswell. Really dont like Movember for obvious reasons :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

you can't beat a bit of the old chest hair, i'm quite hairy and i love rubbing my stomach hair and chest hair when i'm in the shower. the treasure trail

Advertisement