Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftovers [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Series 3???????

I've not seen anything about this advertised :(

When is it on? I daren't read any previous posts in case of spoilers.

A previous poster suggests July 4th on sky, or its online now through various means, 4 weeks in airs Sunday nights in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

A previous poster suggests July 4th on sky, or its online now through various means, 4 weeks in airs Sunday nights in the states.

Thanks. I'm of an age that I don't watch anything through "various means" - the telly is the only place for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Desperately trying to avoid spoilers here as well - there was an article in the UK Independent a few days ago which gives July 4th as a start date (not clear if it'll week by week or a bulk release)

From what I heard they'll be releasing the whole thing as a box set but will also start airing weekly at the same time. So same way they did Billions season 1 and the final season of Banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Looks like Kevin and Nora might be taking a little relationship break....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

beardo81 wrote: »
    Looks like Kevin and Nora might be taking a little relationship break....:eek:

Just a small break to sort out her head she is well fuc1ked up
    Is that the last we see of her I wounder

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Just a small break to sort out her head she is well fuc1ked up
    Is that the last we see of her I wounder

I doubt it considering she appeared in the flash forward, I really hope not anyways.

You could tell the relationship was fecked when she finds him with a plastic bag over his head and it's considered perfectly acceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well she used to pay someone to shoot her so there is crazy all round

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Great episode. Saw 2 bars I've drank in in Melbourne too :D
    I wasn't a fan of series 2 but this series is my favourite so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Eccleston is pure class in that episode, best one so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Anyone else find this show hilarious?
    I was cracking up during that episode.

I'm guessing every week in the writers' room they must have a conversation that goes something like:

Writer 1: "Oh man, you can't put that sh*t in. It'll never work. No-one will ever believe it!!"
    Writer 2: "Leave it in, it will work. We'll get away with it."

And each week...............they do. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

We're now down to the last 3 episodes and I think they’re setting it up to be what they originally attempted to do with Lost before it became a bit of a mess.

My early thoughts on the show were:
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Aside from the departing itself everything so far that is 'supernatural' could be explained in other ways. I like the air of mystery behind them.

I think this still holds true and is even expanded to include the departure, as the seasons have gone on they’ve also brought in potential scientific explanations for it.

Lost tried to delve into ‘man of science vs man of faith’ but the Leftovers have taken that to a whole different level, where characters are continuously torn between both sides (and to an extent the audience is too). Nora at times seems to be the most skeptical having worked for an agency that looks into fake departures yet bought into (quite literally) both Wayne’s healing and Miracle’s safety. They’ve used the act of the departing to mess with everyone’s heads regarding what the laws of nature are, what is and isn’t possible.

I’m making my way through the previous seasons in the lead up to the finale and from what I can see they’ve given themselves a scientific out for pretty much everything supernatural, whether by referencing science, characters mental issues, charlatans, or pure coincidence.

On pure coincidence, Patti had a history of mental issues and regularly claimed that ‘something bad’ was going to happen when nothing actually occurred. Despite this one of the reasons why Lauri ends up with the guilty remnant was because Patti was correct about something bad happening the day of the departing. They show the opposite in the 3rd season’s opening scene, the characters are ridiculed for believing in, what we can presume to be, a departing. However, if the leader’s math had lined up with the departing everyone would see a supernatural link and he’d probably have thousands/millions of followers. They’ve used this several times throughout the show, where they highlight that a character has a history of making crazy claims or comments that haven’t happened but we get a supernatural feeling from it when it lines up with something.

I can see the show finishing up where people can argue both sides. For example with no clear answer to whether the voices the Kevins hear are actually people guiding them to the end game (men of faith) or are just mental breakdowns that have put the characters on a path (men of science).

Being the Leftovers things could go a total different direction but either way I can’t wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

There's occasional stuff that's hard to rationalize. The dead birds in the buried boxes coming back to life for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Occono wrote: »
    There's occasional stuff that's hard to rationalize. The dead birds in the buried boxes coming back to life for example.

I'm not quite to the episode where Erika explains it but wasn't it something her grandmother used to do and she did it with a injured bird rather than dead? If the bird was about to die from lack of oxygen opening the lid would bring it back around or 'back to life'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone watched the newest one, with Matt?

Absolutely bonkers stuff but still brilliant. Three episodes left though and I still haven't a notion what's going to happen.

"What's the difference between a priest and a pimple? A pimple waits until you're 12 before coming."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

On your face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah I really liked it too, but not Matt's best episode. That crown still belongs to the first episode where he tries to save his church from the GR. Amazingly intense episode that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Anyone else find this show hilarious?
    I was cracking up during that episode.

I'm guessing every week in the writers' room they must have a conversation that goes something like:

Writer 1: "Oh man, you can't put that sh*t in. It'll never work. No-one will ever believe it!!"
    Writer 2: "Leave it in, it will work. We'll get away with it."

And each week...............they do. :D

Check the IMDB Page for this episode, David Daradan's career has peaked

Compared to last week that episode felt like a distraction, It was a very entertaining episode but I feel like given there is only 3 episodes left atleast some of the time could have been spent with Kevin and Nora.

Where is Matt now, has he given up his faith in God or just Kevin?

What do people think he meant by the closing line "that's the guy I was telling ya about"?

The French soldier going rogue and firing a nuke was epic.

I can see the ending of the series being completely ambiguous as to whether Kevin is crazy or Kevin is God which would probably be a very good ending if not a bit predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Double C wrote: »
    Check the IMDB Page for this episode, David Daradan's career has peaked
    "Vigorous Hand Job Guy" - He'll spend the rest of his career having to explain that one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I see he's having a laugh himself

https://twitter.com/DavidDaradan/status/864332637711642624

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Enjoyable episode, I think the beauty of the show is that it is almost impossible to predict what the hell is coming next.

Eccelstone fantastic as always. Hope Nora doesn't get forgotten about and the next episode should have the 2 nutty Kevins' in full swing.

Can't wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I loved the opening theme for this episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I loved the opening theme for this episode.
    I thought there was something wrong with the sound on my TV and spent a good few minutes stopping and starting it to try and fix it. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The last line, "That's the guy I was telling you about", cracked me up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That was another good one, not the best but good!

Only 2 more to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I still have no idea what the feck is going on or how its gonna end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Probably my favourite show on TV at the moment, gutted there's only 2 episodes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I like watching each and every episode but at the end I'm left thinking of the overall story and think "what a load of crap", and then look forward to next week lol.

Advertisement