Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftovers [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Not sorry to see her character gone, I actually hoped for it in a previous post on this thread, I feel she's run her course. Also there is only seven episodes left in the series so the more they focus on Kevin the better.

Having said that now she will probably come back from the dead in the next episode.

I thought they were going somewhere with Liv's character last series when she basically raped tommy, I fully expected to see her with his baby this season. Thinking being the kid would be in some way special like Lily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Another brilliant brilliant episode

It's such a well made series

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Assuming the last couple of scenes in Australia are set in the future, is it too outlandish to believe that Kevin's father is the messiah. Or that they are the same person?

It's such a mind**** that I genuinely can't comprehend what is going on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Assuming the last couple of scenes in Australia are set in the future, is it too outlandish to believe that Kevin's father is the messiah. Or that they are the same person?

It's such a mind**** that I genuinely can't comprehend what is going on :D

Those scenes were set in the present. You can tell by the TV guy talking about the 7th anniversary. My assumption is Kevin's dad is telling those women the stories and they assumed the Australian guy was him.

The scene at the end of the first episode was certainly set in the future, though, and I assume now that Kevin and Nora are going to Australia we'll see how it gets to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Loved everything about the episode except the theme tune. What the feck was that about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Unearthly wrote: »
    Loved everything about the episode except the theme tune. What the feck was that about.
    It's the theme tune to the show Perfect Strangers which Mark Linn-Baker (the guy in the hotel) co-starred in. They make reference to it a couple of times in this week's episode, its title is also a reference to the show (I think anyway), it was the Balki character's catchphrase if memory serves me correctly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's the theme tune to the show Perfect Strangers which Mark Linn-Baker (the guy in the hotel) co-starred in. They make reference to it a couple of times in this week's episode, its title is also a reference to the show (I think anyway), it was the Balki character's catchphrase if memory serves me correctly.
    Oh I hadn't realised it was a real show and that he was playing a version of himself! I thought the Gary Busey references were as far as we were getting with real world stars appearing. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

ixoy wrote: »
    Oh I hadn't realised it was a real show and that he was playing a version of himself! I thought the Gary Busey references were as far as we were getting with real world stars appearing. Interesting.
    Yeah, it's real alright! I watched it when I was younger, I knew I recognised the title music from somewhere when it came on and it clicked when I heard them talking about who Mark Linn-Baker is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Wonderful episode, I could just watch Carrie Coon forever, her range of emotions is outstanding.

Two really strong episodes so far, if they can keep this up it could be the best of the 3 seasons easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

beardo81 wrote: »
    Wonderful episode, I could just watch Carrie Coon forever, her range of emotions is outstanding.

Haven't watched myself, but she's also in Fargo season 3 if you want more of her.

Anyone else see similarities between Mark Linn-Baker and Jeff Daniels?

Was thinking after that, that if Nora or someone does cross over that we see her get welcomed by Gary Busey.

Think I said it before, but that piano music reminds me so much of the Candyman theme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

ixoy wrote: »

Here's some background: http://www.avclub.com/article/perfect-strangers-mark-linn-baker-his-unexpected-r-254059

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it going to turn out that the people we are following aren't the leftovers but the departed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This show is simply brilliant. Every episode there is superb acting, great music and endless surprises. Each twist is so close to jumping the shark and being surreal but there's just the right amount of intrigue and mystique to make it compelling to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who were those ones building the ark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

So Kevin Garvey Snr thinks he's the Messiah and this is his story? Mad episode ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm afraid to read any of your posts but apparently Sky will not be showing season 3 weekly, waiting til it's over and then offering it as a box set. Absolute disgrace. Oh well, as one of the few idiots left paying legitimately for tv, this is one more push in the "go down the alternative route". Fuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Third episode wasn't my favourite. Thought they could have cut the Kevin sr bit down by about half, dragged a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

qwabercd wrote: »
    Third episode wasn't my favourite. Thought they could have cut the Kevin sr bit down by about half, dragged a small bit.

Ya I agree, the scene where the woman was explaining what happened to her children was great though. Killing an Australian police chief to see if he comes back to life was a bit extreme and didn't​ really serve the story, It seemed​ gratuitous and wasteful considering the little time left in the show.

Anyone else missing the opening song from season 2, It wouldn't be so bad if they changed the video aswell, but those pictures with a different song feels so wrong, It is cool how the new opening songs are in some way relative to each episode, just wish they changed the video aswell.

I'm afraid to read any of your posts but apparently Sky will not be showing season 3 weekly, waiting til it's over and then offering it as a box set. Absolute disgrace. Oh well, as one of the few idiots left paying legitimately for tv, this is one more push in the "go down the alternative route". Fuming!

What's stopping ya, if your paying for sky anyways then morally what difference does it make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

"I just came home to change my shirt" LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Not the greatest but still an enjoyable episode. As with the previous 2 seasons you can really feel the build up to something major. Everyone is starting to go a little crazy!

Can anyone explain (if there is one) the significance of the song choice? That went straight over my head.

Wonder what explosion they're referencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Thought that was a fantastic episode.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Something that I need an answer for.

Last week Kevin Snr met a guy in the desert that lit himself on fire as he wasn't accepted to pass through - apparently as he answered "no" to the question about killing the baby. This week Nora was refused for answering "yes". Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

That's correct. Perhaps the real test is how they react to being rejected

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I haven't a bog's notion what's going on but I'm enjoying it a lot more since I stopped trying to understand. I did spend about five minutes last night trying to remember where Carrie Coon had met Mac from it's always sunny though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Desperately trying to avoid spoilers here as well - there was an article in the UK Independent a few days ago which gives July 4th as a start date (not clear if it'll week by week or a bulk release)

. I did spend about five minutes last night trying to remember where Carrie Coon had met Mac from it's always sunny though :D

I assume your on about the latest series of Fargo?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Something that I need an answer for.

Last week Kevin Snr met a guy in the desert that lit himself on fire as he wasn't accepted to pass through - apparently as he answered "no" to the question about killing the baby. This week Nora was refused for answering "yes". Did I miss something?

No I think most people are wondering about this, The three most reasonable conclusions I can come to are:

1. It's all a hoax, there is no machine and their playing some long con.

2. The correct answer was just to nod, and any rationalising of the question, like saying are the babies mine results in a fail. Or the correct response is to ask "which response will get me into the machine" thus proving to them that it's all you care about.

3. It's a test, she answered correctly, she will be recontacted when she's really desperate and told that she can go through the machine but first she must recruit more people to the cause, like the guy she met in the hotel room recruited her.

I found it very interesting, I hope we get a satisfactory answer as to whether the machine is real or not and what answer was required to get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Series 3???????

I've not seen anything about this advertised :(

When is it on? I daren't read any previous posts in case of spoilers.

Advertisement