Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftovers [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Just gets better and better.The musical score is just superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Great start to season 2, cast and music.

I got the impression from what I saw in the first episode, the residents shouldn't believe in miracles and it's frowned upon if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Great second episode, it really is like nothing else out there. The acting, story, everything is exceptional.

Is Kevin descending into madness? He is having a hard time keeping it together. Nora also seems like she is trying too hard to be happy, anything could break her.

Having to wait a week between episodes is torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Utterly utterly wonderful. Hoping dearly it won't go the way of Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was genuinely speechless at the end of the episode. How in the hell did he end up there with the brick tied around his ankle?

Of course the score helps paint the scene as well. The best use of music I have ever seen on a TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It could be that he attempted to kill himself while on one of his sleepwalking episodes, It was a really good finish totally unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Seriously entertaining television this. Keeps you engaged, intrigued, mystified and downright flummoxed in equal measure. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Seriously reminiscent of Twin Peaks at its height. I was tempted to say the characters aren't as weird but then remembered we have a lady who hires prostitutes to shoot her (but doesn't anymore). And a suicidal sheriff with a domestically violent ghost issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

yeah it's great. So well made. So many bat**** mental things going on. Love it.

Anyone think Patty somehow got Kevin into the river with the brick tied to his leg, through his visions of her or dreams?

Or perhaps she saved him by having something to do with the water disappearing.

Either way, if John finds him, there is trouble.

• Advertisement

Was just thinking about the new intro song and I think it fits it really well. On the surface, it's happy and light, but underneath there are the dark undertones and something not quite right. Exactly like the town of Miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Season 2 is stunning so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My favorite show on TV at the moment. Unfortunately the ratings are poor. Hopefully hbo stick with it.

I could listen to that piano soundtrack all day

• Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just wondering, what happened to Aimee?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Another amazing episode. This season could even surpass the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wow. Just wow. I have never seen such a profound show in all my time watching telly

Good episode again, music excellent as always. That's all the main characters from 1st series now present I think?

Story is progressing nicely, always compelling and it really is hard to guess where it is going.

Loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

The music makes so many scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Such great riveting TV.

It's so hard to work out where we stand as far as supernatural occurrences go (aside from the departing itself) as they've seemingly given every character involved some or all of a motive to lie, it being coincidences, or them being mentally disturbed.

I might be wrong, but in the background of a scene, when they had a TV with the news playing, which someone muted/turned off, were they talking about a cave somewhere and a collection of people?

Giving rise to my belief that the very opening scene was in present times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The cave was just outside Perth and was someone previously thought dead. Guess it's along the lines of that tv actor who faked his disappearance.

Second time now I heard that version of Where is my Mind in the past couple of months or so.

I can't remember, but did Holy Wayne die?

On another note, I can think of worse punishments than having to have sex with Liv Tyler.

That punishment scene was freaky - the way some of the worst things imaginable being done to the guy are going through your mind... but they don't happen.
    The way she just got up on him, his hands shackled, without him inviting it was sexual assault though, even if he was aroused and climaxed. Something that's not often explored on television.

Simply marvellous as ever. Yes, Holy Wayne did die - Kevin junior found him in a public toilet in his last moments. As far as I recall, he was bleeding to death as a result of inflicting a wound on himself.

Azalea wrote: »
    That punishment scene was freaky - the way some of the worst things imaginable being done to the guy are going through your mind... but they don't happen.
    The way she just got up on him, his hands shackled, without him inviting it was sexual assault though, even if he was aroused and climaxed. Something that's not often explored on television.

Simply marvellous as ever. Yes, Holy Wayne did die - Kevin junior found him in a public toilet in his last moments. As far as I recall, he was bleeding to death as a result of inflicting a wound on himself.

My thoughts when she was doing it was that it might be that they would go to the cops and say (/write) that he assaulted her but after the ending with Tommy's claims could she be looking for another 'special' baby. They could also all be simply insane.

It was Kevin himself that found Wayne with a wound to his stomach and then was offered him a wish. I dont think they ever stated that it was self inflicted. After Tommy's story about running into Wayne I think it was him who injured Wayne, it was either part of how to transfer the power or that Tommy just flipped out at him for lying to him and attacked him.

The latter is more likely to me as I can see a flashback that Wayne runs into Tommy there, finally gets Tommy to hug him but Tommy feels nothing, flips out and attacks him because he thinks everything he was put through was a con by Wayne. Possible evidence for this would be Wayne doubting his powers when Kevin found him, possibly because of his hug doing nothing for Tommy, and that I think Tommy is lying about Wayne passing on his powers to him, as Wayne seemed to think he still had his power right before he died as he tried to test them on Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Foxtrol wrote: »

It was Kevin himself that found Wayne with a wound to his stomach and then was offered him a wish. I dont think they ever stated that it was self inflicted. After Tommy's story about running into Wayne I think it was him who injured Wayne, it was either part of how to transfer the power or that Tommy just flipped out at him for lying to him and attacked him.

Is Tommy not just BSing the crew though?
    The conversation he has with his mam in the car. "We stripped it away" "We have to give them something" so he fabricates the story that he is now "Holy Wayne"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The conversation he has with his mam in the car. "We stripped it away" "We have to give them something" so he fabricates the story that he is now "Holy Wayne"

He is. The whole "I am the Messiah" thing is for now just a trick on their pointy little heads.
    He's quite good at it, hopefully he won't start believing it himself.

I agree that I think he's BSing them, that's why elaborated more on the idea that he attacked Wayne when his hug did nothing to him and realised he was conned. We've seen he has no qualms with lying or hurting people when it suits him.

I think the departing has messed with everyone's heads about what is possible that most are much more likely to believe what they wouldn't before, be it voices in their heads being real, signs from god, someone claiming to have magic powers rather than the more likely alternatives that voices are just someone having mental issues, god giving a sign is just coincidence, and that the person with powers is conning them.

It's interesting and impressive that the audience are going through a mild version of what people in that situation are. For example from the sound of things we're all confident that Tommy is lying but in a would where 2% of the population has disappeared can we be totally sure he hasn't taken on the power to take people's pain away? It's such good TV.

Paterson Joseph - good auld Johnson from Peep Show as Holy Wayne.

Will be watching him in another apocalyptic show shortly (You, Me & The Apocalypse). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Now, who wants a hug?

Brilliant tv! Hope it keeps up the high standard for a long long time. Was really hoping a truck didn't come along at that opportune moment:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Carrie Coon is so gorgeous and I'd go gay for Kevin Garvey. Episode 4 was good just watched it, really enjoying the 2nd series, dying to see if Holy Wayne's powers have been shifted to the youngfella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This show is absurdly good.

Viewing figures are bad, however. :(

Advertisement