Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "We won't be playing GTA V anytime soon" support group

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'll be playing it Friday evening, but I'm not feeling too sorry for myself. Its freshers week in college, and I hardly have a spare minute after lectures and pre drinks, hitting the town and after party. Ah college life, the mother went into gamestop this morning to collect my preorder, so I can be assured that as soon as I get home Friday, I can commit some hours of fun to it. Life is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My 12 yr old son driving me mad to get it,"all my friends have it".
    (I know hes young) and its €60!!! i dont know?,
    whats the best for trade ins xtravision or gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Why don't you just bring you son down to the docks so he can see real prostitutes and drug use?

Of course he's going to want it but it sounds like it's content is even less child friendly than previous GTA's, which were very not child friendly to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Then all his friends parents are morons, there is no way a 12 year old should be playing it.

In my case still no news from amazon which makes it look like thursday/friday next week for me :(

Convinced, and it will be cheaper in 5 yrs time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

VinLieger wrote: »
    Then all his friends parents are morons, there is no way a 12 year old should be playing it.

In my case still no news from amazon which makes it look like thursday/friday next week for me :(

My sister came up with the idea that her kid was okay to play GTA so long as the sound is off :-)

Bambi wrote: »
    My sister came up with the idea that her kid was okay to play GTA so long as the sound is off :-)

More a case of she decided she couldnt put up with the whining

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

GTA V supports family settings if your worried about young uns.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My 12 yr old son driving me mad to get it,"all my friends have it". (I know hes young) and its €60!!! i dont know?, whats the best for trade ins xtravision or gamestop?

Please be advised that it's the equivalent of giving him an 18s movie, and is interactive, and 40+ hours long. It's not meant for children. "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Major Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol". You're the parent, it's up to yourself. That said, trade ins will take a few days and be a fiver below full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Bambi wrote: »
    Turn subtitles on. That way they can learn how to spell while they run over prostitutes and shoot up drugs :P

Seriously though, it's up to the parent. Of course 12-year olds are curious about it, they always are with things that are for older people to watch/play. I'm sure we all were, and I'm sure we all found ways to get it

Personally, I don't see a problem with it, so long as they are actually asking their parent's permission first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Get him to sit through the death of murphy scene from robocop and a few other choice gruesome scenarios from the world of film and decide whether to get it for him based on his reaction to that maybe?

Yeah that sounds like a reasonable approach

No,going to leave it,but he showed me some of his Friends playing GTV on line and i did recognize some of the game tags were he has play with them before, i was surprise at how many were playing and i know one of the parents of one of them to be a guard! i know its not the parents playing knowing some of them wouldn't have a clue or play xbox .
    not that i would mention it at school gates, its up to each parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I've had the PS3 version sitting here fir the last few days and I keep finding something else to posy instead. Really not all that interested in the game and tbh I'm more excited for the Shadow Warrior remake out next week then I am for GTAV.

Why do you have it then?
    Dcully wrote: »
    I must be the only one not itching to play this.
    No plans to buy or pick it up in the future, always found the series to be average at best..

I'm not itching to play, but it's sort of something that you have to go through imo. It's just too big to completely skip on. Also, it's been a few years since GTA 4, I want to give this one a fair shot.
    Convinced, and it will be cheaper in 5 yrs time.
    No,going to leave it,but he showed me some of his Friends playing GTV on line and i did recognize some of the game tags were he has play with them before, i was surprise at how many were playing and i know one of the parents of one of them to be a guard! i know its not the parents playing knowing some of them wouldn't have a clue or play xbox .
    not that i would mention it at school gates, its up to each parent.

Thank you for being a rare sensible parent. Like you say, it's up to each parent but at the same time, most parents don't make the active decision of "I think this is okay for my son/daughter". I don't really think it's for 18+ only, I'd say it depends more on individual maturity.

C14N wrote: »
    Why do you have it then?.

Girlfriend wanted the game so we ordered it. She's been working nonstop all week so it's mine to play for the time bring. Genuinelly can't be bothered, started Blacklist last night and far more engrossed in it than I was in GTA 4 so going to continue that for the time being.

Girlfriend wanted the game so we ordered it. She's been working nonstop all week so it's mine to play for the time bring. Genuinelly can't be bothered, started Blacklist last night and far more engrossed in it than I was in GTA 4 so going to continue that for the time being.

Fair enough, I would probably have more interest in Blacklist myself given how much more I enjoyed Conviction than GTA4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I usually wait for the PC version. I really like the graphical improvements and the fact that I can play with keyboard mouse and 360 controller (controller for vehicles) kb mouse for combat.

It's hard avoiding all the spoilers for 6 months or so, but I'm patient. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Heard there was to be a PC and nextgen console announcement from rockstar in a few hours. Wether there's any truth to it or not I've no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

*stares in window at support group while playing GTA V and smiling, smiling oh so much!*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Too busy making my own games ATM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I will have to leave this fancy club lads. My copy just arrived :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Gamestop refusing to answer my question if there is any stock of it in Dublin City Center. Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I should have bought a load off of Amazon and sold them outside Gamestop for a profit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

dont think I'll be getting it,gta 4 bored the tits off me once the initial joy and wonder at the size of the map.all your billy no-mates spamming you to go play bowling-f off im busy :)

available anywhere in Dublin at the mo?

Email from amazon delivery date 27-30 UGH, good thing ive a new job to keep me busy and probably best im not completely distracted by GTA in the first week or 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

Better come out on PC along with red dead redemption, stupid PC, Stupid red rings of death on xbox, stupid dog with his fluffly tail. ummm Bae-con,

I will have to leave this fancy club lads. My copy just arrived :D.

In fairness, it was kind of deceptive to join such an esteemed and exclusive club when you had ordered a copy already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Right going to close this. Only need one GTAV thread. If you feel left out from the discussion then... buy the game :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement