Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "We won't be playing GTA V anytime soon" support group

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Not many modern games have woeful graphics!

And also there are plenty of PC games with shoddy graphics too.

I play across all formats. Not a mad gamer, just love games. Don't really mind what I'm playing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A-Trak wrote: »
    Ah here, that post doesn't come across as PC Elitist, it comes across as trollish.

To say that games on current gen consoles are unplayable due to their graphics being, "Utter muck," is ridiculous. So you obviously hate older PC games too as their graphics aren't as good newer releases?

The difference being that now, PC Gamers know the limitations of consoles and the massive boost that PC platform offers in multi platform titles. For example, I simply could not bring myself to play Far Cry 3 on 360, knowing how much better it looked on my PC - it's not being dramatic to state that it's like comparing night and day. In a huge sand box game, visuals do make a huge difference. It's not that I wouldn't play Far Cry 3 on 360 if it was only available on 360, much like the way I play Halo on 360 because there simply is no other alternative, either now, or in the future, whereas with other titles, they're either multi-platform, or destined to hit PC in the near future, and when you've the dual option of PC or console, PC always wins out.

Playing Far Cry 3 on 360 versus a good PC, as a good example, is not too far off from comparing the Xbox original to the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Im bored and gameless all summer and now as college starts they bring everything out. Im just gonna wait till it comes out on ps4 getting it now will diminish my studies boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

C14N wrote: »
    Well sure, gameplay is more important but woeful graphics can still distract you. It's like how Ghostbusters is a great comedy, but you just can't watch the CGI bits any more without going "holy sh.te, did people think that looked good once?".

Ok, you can say what you want about games but do no bring Ghostbusters into this!!! :pac:

I can go from great graphics to poor graphics with little problem. Guess it does hep being a kid of the Spectrum era.
    Besides, I never thought GTA graphics were all they were made out to be anyway.
    As I've said in another thread, I never got into the GTA games so I won;t be getting excited for this. Think the last games I got on release day were New Super Mario 2 on 3DS and Skyward Sword on Wii.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

There was a time gameplay meant a lot more than the graphics. Konfusion obviously did not grow up in the Amstrad/C64 era like some of us :D

Ha, my first console was a NES :).

However, I should clarify. I find it impossible to play a game on console while knowing that I can play it on PC with a higher graphical fidelity. It ruins it for me.

I'd still go back and play FFX, MGS1, Metal Slug or Kirby and enjoy them despite the graphics, knowing that I'm playing them at their graphical capability (for lack of a better phrase).

However I can't play BLOPS on xbox, for example, knowing I could have a superior experience on PC. Same goes for Assassins Creed, Far Cry etc. It makes the game unplayable for me as it's all I'll think of while playing it, therefore I won't enjoy it.

Though in some cases it does depend on the game. There are exceptions to every rule :)
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Ah here, that post doesn't come across as PC Elitist, it comes across as trollish.

To say that games on current gen consoles are unplayable due to their graphics being, "Utter muck," is ridiculous. So you obviously hate older PC games too as their graphics aren't as good newer releases?

Quite the contrary. See above.

For example, I simply could not bring myself to play Far Cry 3 on 360, knowing how much better it looked on my PC - it's not being dramatic to state that it's like comparing night and day.

Precisely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fair points lads, well made.

I can only equate it to Blu-ray films vs standard definition. I'll wait to buy the HD version rather than settle for the SD. There'd always be a niggle that I'm missing out on the best experience as I've a good setup capable of viewing the best version.

My view of your "Master Race," has changed.

I've had the PS3 version sitting here fir the last few days and I keep finding something else to posy instead. Really not all that interested in the game and tbh I'm more excited for the Shadow Warrior remake out next week then I am for GTAV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

More than happy to wait for the PC or next gen release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Really enjoying the midnight launch and all the fuss its generating but realistically I just cant make the time available to justify buying this game any time soon.

In my opinion its the sort of game you need to clear a good solid week of your life with no interuptions.

That was possible for me about 10 or so years ago. Yeah not so much now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

waiting for amazon!

still saved a fair bit on it, so happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'll wait for various bugs to be ironed out, for the game to be generally improved, then it can come out on PC, I'll wait a bit longer and then get it on sale and enjoy it then.

My backlog of quality games is too high to really give a monkey's tit about GTA V, when GTA IV was a bit of a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just got Diablo 3 for the 360, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I won't be getting GTA V probably for a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I think I'll give San Andreas Multiplayer another go, that used to be great fun and haven't seen what it's like since the numerous updates over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I stopped using my xbox around 2+ years ago, but recently revived it after a house move.
    I was planning on getting gta v but im thinking as it's an old xbox it wont have the memory capacity to play it. (its an old 8gb version, 1st wave I think)
    So Ill not be using my pre-order voucher anytime soon.

Im probably not going to buy a new HD just to play one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

In Australia at the mo and am kicking myself I cant get it, don't get me started with the PS4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,589 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sitting in work, game should be waiting for me when I get home. The wait is killing me!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am almost ready to go to local shop and buy GTA 5 for 65eu and use the amazon copy as a doorstoper when it arrives! :pac: I am off until next monday too... God dammit, my greed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Exam on 2nd October.. Going to hold out, i think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sitting in work, game should be waiting for me when I get home. The wait is killing me!! :(

It'll be one of those days where you'll have to work overtime and be in extra early in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I have a huge Steam backlog and I have plenty to play on console too. I certainly don't need another game and if I can get through today, I probably won't buy it for months but getting through today is getting tougher as the day wears on. I need to stay off the gaming sites, I'm just tormenting myself at this stage. I'm still unsure whether I will arrive home this evening with a copy of GTA or not. My brother queued last night to get it at midnight and he'll be ringing me soon to tell me all about it and that will probably finish me. Everywhere I look I see GTA...I must resist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I really wish id chosen some thing other than an post to delivery my copy still nothing :(
    edit:
    wooop got it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I must be the only one not itching to play this.
    No plans to buy or pick it up in the future, always found the series to be average at best.
    Watched some live streams lastnight and it looks okay,i can see why people into this genre will be eager.
    Of the three streams i watched all were complaining about framerate slowdown and fugly jaggies in terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Dcully wrote: »
    I must be the only one not itching to play this

not quite the only one, though i'll get it eventually. I'm currently (slowly) progressing through the games in order and wont get it until iv'e finished GTA IV (I'm currently half way through Vice city) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

not quite the only one, though i'll get it eventually. I'm currently (slowly) progressing through the games in order and wont get it until iv'e finished GTA IV (I'm currently half way through Vice city) :(

how's the weather in 2004?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

how's the weather in 2004?:D

Hey, I never even had a console until this summer! and only got back into PC gaming (via Steam) last year! Give me a break! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I was planning on getting gta v but im thinking as it's an old xbox it wont have the memory capacity to play it. (its an old 8gb version, 1st wave I think)
    So Ill not be using my pre-order voucher anytime soon.
    I think if you plug a USB stick into the xbox, you'll get around this issue?

=-=

I'll wait until March and get it for the PC. If my current machine can handle it, I'll be disappointed, but I do hope it's better optimised this time, esp as it'll be released on the newer xBone or pStation...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

Just started a course that is gonna take all my time up for the next year and I probably will being going home and uninstalling what games I have got going for the sake of my sanity. Time pressure is too much with them sitting there, taunting me!

I fear what GTA V would do to me

Dcully wrote: »
    I must be the only one not itching to play this.
    No plans to buy or pick it up in the future, always found the series to be average at best.
    Watched some live streams lastnight and it looks okay,i can see why people into this genre will be eager.
    Of the three streams i watched all were complaining about framerate slowdown and fugly jaggies in terrain.

Yeah, I'm not overly excited either. GTA IV wasn't amazing, with San Andreas and 3 being the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I sold my xbox a year ago. :( Watching some Sopranos episodes to keep me away from the playthrough vids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There was a time gameplay meant a lot more than the graphics. Konfusion obviously did not grow up in the Amstrad/C64 era like some of us :D
    I don't know about that, I remember growing up with the BBC micro, then PC, then a SNES, Amiga 64. You would always hear, this game as more colours, or a video in it, or it's in crude 3D, there's actual voices used. There's always been technological breakthroughs. If anything they've slowed down in the last ten years with the two current king consoles ruling the roost for so long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement