Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "We won't be playing GTA V anytime soon" support group

Options
  • 16-09-2013 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Stuck for cash? Too busy at work? PC-only gamer? Parents banned you from playing it after reading something about games in the Daily Mail? Share your sob stories...

I have several exams looming and am just too damn busy. :(

Help yourself to free coffee and a donut.

*group hug*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I want to wait for PC, but I will fold and get it on console if Tesco or someone have it for ~€40.

Two things I don't like about this: PS3 controller turns me off driving games, and my 360 is noisy (even more so if you shouldn't install the second disc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Just not that interested in GTA, is that a valid reason to be in the group?

I also have a lot of study though in case that doesn't work and I probably won't play this at all until the Christmas break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

C14N wrote: »
    Just not that interested in GTA, is that a valid reason to be in the group?

All welcome, except those who are or will soon be playing it.

I would not have been that fussed about previous ones myself...sunk plenty of hours into IV, but I didn't have much else to play at the time. But this time it seems they've made something a bit special, and it's a massive media/cultural event, which is rare enough for games...and I'm missing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,593 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Very limited gaming time these days (ever since i realised that every minute i spend playing a game is a minute i'm not getting better at guitar).
    Don't want to start it until i can spend hours at it. But it is sooo tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'm also going to wait for the PC version,
    I'm sure there have been multiple compromises involved with getting it to run smoothly on these last-gen consoles.

Anyway, personally I like to stay about a year behind these new game releases (Skyrim, Dishonored etc.)
    That should be enough time to see a PC version of GTA V out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Will be waiting until Thursday/Friday. Amazon is not in a rush with deliveries. :( Got job interview on Friday too. Not a good timing. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

There are game platforms other than the PC??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Very limited gaming time these days (ever since i realised that every minute i spend playing a game is a minute i'm not getting better at guitar).
    Don't want to start it until i can spend hours at it. But it is sooo tempting.

Damn it, you're right. Good advice. Same goes for wasting hours on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I don't think I'll be playing it at all. I skipped this console generation and only got into PC gaming by mistake, so my laptop won't be fit to handle GTA V since it was never intended for games.

On the upside I don't have many friends IRL who play games and only one of has preordered it, so I won't have to hear too much about it. I hope ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I gots about 200 mo' Teensies to nab in Rayman Legends, and after that, I'm still not gonna give a tiddly flick about GTA V.

Brother will probably get it on the 360 sometime soon, so I'll take joy in what a wonderful tech-demo it is, like always, whenever I'm visiting, and join the rest of its install-base in not returning to it after the novelty of its scale wears off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i just cant wait till tomorrow im gonna dieeeee :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I haven't really been sold on the game at all. So, if anyone needs the support for not getting it, I've yer back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

It's annoying we have to sit back and play the waiting game... the waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'm also going to wait for the PC version,
    I'm sure there have been multiple compromises involved with getting it to run smoothly on these last-gen consoles.

Pretty much the same reason I won't bother until a PC version comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ugh only ordered sunday and still no word from amazon, nobody to blame but myself

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I mainly play PC for the past few years now, but I still have a PS3 and 360. I'd still rather get GTA for the PC, but since that's not possible, I'm grabbing myself a copy for PS3. It'll be the most use the thing has gotten in a long time. Looking forward to getting it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If it was out for the PC, I'd have took that option, as my laptop is a beast and could easily handle it. It would also mean i wouldn't have to fight for TV time to play [even though the main tv is mine!!]

But ... since there's no telling when you'll see it on PC, I'm glad I pre-ordered for the 360.

Oh, sorry, this is for those who didn't do that? ahhh ... sorry :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've always waited for the pc version since GTA went global with GTA3.

Played the original ones to death on a old pentium and the rest I just kept buying for pc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Started a masters today. Won't be going near this for quite some time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I guess I can hang around here for a couple of days while I wait for the WiiU version to get released, but I warn you I have no empathy or pity for you schlubs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

BopNiblets wrote: »
    It's annoying we have to sit back and play the waiting game... the waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos!

I would but I can't afford the multi-player DLC :(

Radiosonde wrote: »
    I would not have been that fussed about previous ones myself...sunk plenty of hours into IV, but I didn't have much else to play at the time.

Yeah I'm the same. I got it off a friend a while after release and finished both it and the expansions but I didn't think it was that big a deal. I want to believe that 5 is a big improvement which is why I still plan to play it eventually, just not "soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,593 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just drove past Ashleaf SC. 20-30 lads queueing outside xtra vision.

Sob.

Is it coming out on wiiu?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Doubt I'll get it either :(

I don't mean to come off all PC elitist here, but is it just me or are console graphics unplayable?

I find it impossible to go from PC graphics to console graphics. They just look utter muck & I can't enjoy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

1. I still haven't played more than an hour of The Last of Us, even though I've had it since release day, so I need to get stuck into that

2. My budget right now limits me to getting one game in the next two months, which I've decided to spend on the Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition; I can get GTA V any time

On the plus side, it means I have to go to a friend's house to play it - there's a bit of nostalgia right there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

KonFusion wrote: »

I don't mean to come off all PC elitist here, but is it just me or are console graphics unplayable?
    They just look utter muck & I can't enjoy the game.

Ah here, that post doesn't come across as PC Elitist, it comes across as trollish.

To say that games on current gen consoles are unplayable due to their graphics being, "Utter muck," is ridiculous. So you obviously hate older PC games too as their graphics aren't as good newer releases?

KonFusion wrote: »
    Doubt I'll get it either :(

I find it impossible to go from PC graphics to console graphics. They just look utter muck & I can't enjoy the game.

GTA in particular has generally had weak graphics, which I'm sure is due to the massive overworld (Fallout 3 and Skyrim both looked pretty bad in vanilla mode too). It's probably why so many promotional pictures are hand-drawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There was a time gameplay meant a lot more than the graphics. Konfusion obviously did not grow up in the Amstrad/C64 era like some of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have a 360 stuck behind the telly gathering dust, It never occurred to me that I could actually play GTA V on it..doh

I bought the 360 to play GTA 4 when it came out. Not sure if I can be arsed about this, The only thing I like about the GTA series is the environment and I hated most of San Andreas as an environment

• Advertisement

There was a time gameplay meant a lot more than the graphics. Konfusion obviously did not grow up in the Amstrad/C64 era like some of us :D

Well sure, gameplay is more important but woeful graphics can still distract you. It's like how Ghostbusters is a great comedy, but you just can't watch the CGI bits any more without going "holy sh.te, did people think that looked good once?".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement