Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know what I'm doing but I know what I've done

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Wednesday 22/5/2019

A) Mid-Grip Bench Press
    95kg (@9) x 4, 4, 3

8) Flat DB Press
    37.5kgs x 2 x 8

C) Pendlay Rows
    82.5kg x 3 x 8

D) OH Tricep Extensions
    3 x 10

E) Face Pulls
    3 x 12

That's the best the mid-grip bench has moved in a while. Done on the gammy Baggot St bench so have to lift out and then reset scaps.

Sets of 8 with 37.5s is up there with when my bench has been strongest, ie before last comp when I hit 4 sets of 8 with 35s.

The elbow tendon injury/discomfort is just a slow one to recover and I knew that but it's making first few reps of certain movements...burny.

Thursday 24/5/2019

A) Single-Leg RDL
    90kg x 4 x 5

B) GHR
    +15kg x 5 x 5

C) Weighted Pull Ups
    +27.5kg x 5 x 3

D) Leg Extension
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Plank
    +50kg x 5 x 20s

Single leg RDLs were better than the last day out with 85kg.

Considered pull ups with 30kg but left it at 27.5kg cos if was too easy, can manipulate tempo to make harder rather than jump too high and not get proper reps.

Thought the five shorter, 20s sets with 50kg on planks would be easier than three 30s sets but nope. Really felt it work core hard.

Good sesh.

Sunday 26/5/2019

A) Paused Front Squat
    92.5kg x 5 x 3

B) Tempo Bench Press (3020)
    87.5kg x 5 x (1-3)

C) Block Pull (3" blocks)
    162.5kg (@7) x 10, 9, 9, 8, 8

D) Shrugs
    140kg x 2 x 12

E) DB Curls
    15kgs x 2 x 12

A and B done at COH's gym on Saturday morning but the rest of Saturday was gone and then today until 8. In hindsight, should probably have made sure to have had more in the tank going in this evening.

Paused squats felt solid. Again.
    Tempo bench went better than anticipated. The 3s eccentric feels so much mess sh*t than the 4s eccentric. Target is 1-3 on these. Was never going to be less than 15 reps on squat.
    Thought the last set might not be 3 on bench but hit the 5x3. Tempo bench still sucks donkey balls.

Used the blue 20kg bumper to stand on for block pulls cos I think bar was too high up even on the yellow 15. Realised 2 sets in that I was just too loose returning the bar to the blocks and position wasn't where it should be so focusing on that helped from set 3 on.

Just increased TUT on curls by doing tempo stylee  (3130).

Wednesday 29/5/2019

A) Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat
    40kg x 4 x 5

B) Tempo High Bar Squat (30X0)
    150kg x 3, 2, 2, 1, 1

C) T-Bar Row
    +55kg x 3 x 8

D) Hamstring Curl
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Side Bend
    50kg x 3 x 12

Didn't stay tight enough at the bottom on 3rd rep of first set and had to grind out a rep that almost made my head explode. Happy to see out a triple at 5kg shy of my 1RM. Hips up too soon at bottom of rep on 4th set so extra effort cost me a second. That was pretty tough.

Have noticed some 'decent' (it's all relative...) upper back definition/muscle in the last few days (thank you changing room mirrors). Definitely think the T-bar row has helped cos I always feel it hitting my upper back.

Thursday 30/5/2019

A) Mid-Grip Bench Press
    95kg (@9) x 4, 4, 4

8) Flat DB Press
    40kgs x 8
    37.5kgs x 8

C) Pendlay Rows
    85kg x 3 x 8

D) OH Tricep Extensions
    3 x 10

E) Face Pulls
    3 x 12

Was in rack for benching. Same problem as fixed bench: pins too low or too high. First set was messy unracking so put 10kg bumpers under bench to raise it but ended up with 15s under it for last set, which felt and moved the best. No coincidence there. Did consider the last rep of that as set might have been an 8.5 but I know how quickly a second last rep cam become a last rep so banked it.

Pretty chuffed to be DB pressing the 40s. No cheaty ROM either. Given how relatively weak my bench is, really happy with that milestone. Last rep was slow so dropped back to 37.5s for 2nd set to get the full 8.

#walkedinaboywalkedoutaman

Back shape was lovely for rows. Woof.

• Advertisement

Friday 31/5/2019

A) Single-Leg RDL
    95kg x 4 x 5

B) GHR
    +17.5kg x 5 x 5

C) Weighted Pull Ups
    +30kg x 5 x 3

D) Leg Extension
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Plank
    +50kg x 5 x 20s

Better stability on single leg RDLs again. Moved pretty well and deeper into it.

Elbow tendon was screaming at me after that first set of pull ups. Considered calling it. Maybe should have. Anyway, changed angle of grip on subsequent sets and wasn't as bad. Maybe it was cos I was short on time and sent straight into it but jesus that burned deep. Will monitor and find an alternative in the short term until it resolves itself.

Made planks a bit more difficult by having elbows more forward rather than being right under shoulders (long lever plank). Only people near me were doing a class so had to load plates myself so lobbing a 5kg plate on top of the 50kg wasn't happening

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Friday 31/5/2019

B) GHR
    +17.5kg x 5 x 5

How do you set this up? If it was 15kg I could imagine holding the plate to your chest... but 17.5kg must be awkward clutching both 15kg + 2.5kg plates? Educate me.

Do you find you get much benefit out of loading GHR heavy? I used to jack it up to the toughest settings back in the day (heel as high as possible, knees as far forward as possible) .... but in recent years seem to get more out of it by using it more of a recovery high rep assistance exercise rather than super heavy.

BossArky wrote: »
    How do you set this up? If it was 15kg I could imagine holding the plate to your chest... but 17.5kg must be awkward clutching both 15kg + 2.5kg plates? Educate me.

Do you find you get much benefit out of loading GHR heavy? I used to jack it up to the toughest settings back in the day (heel as high as possible, knees as far forward as possible) .... but in recent years seem to get more out of it by using it more of a recovery high rep assistance exercise rather than super heavy.

17.5kg DB :)

The machine in the gym isn't as adjustable as the one in the is gym and the padding is huge so there is more support under hip, which shortens the lever. Feet are fixed at a higher position though. Generally feels a lot different because of that big front pad. Must be twice the area of the one I used use.

I do really feel it in my hamstrings primarily. It's my first time doing <10 rep sets on it these last 2 blocks, to be honest, so too early to say.

Monday 3/6/2019

A) Paused Front Squat
    95kg x 5 x 3

92.5kg x 3, 3, 3, 3, 2

170kg (@7) x 8, 8, 7, 7, 7

D) Shrugs
    142.5kg x 2 x 12

E) DB Curls
    17.5kgs x 2 x 12

Was out and about on Sunday so got in late and only had time to do 2/3 main movements. Picked up the block pulls today.

Paused front squats continued in the same vein as last week, ie relatively easy. Need to be a touch tighter with upper back for when it gets heavier.

Elbow tendon has been at me since pull ups the other night. I only feel it on bench when I lift out and the first few inches of the eccentric. Takes a good few warm ups to it out of your mind though. Last rep in the first set moved slowly so I knew I'd have my work cut out to hit 3 on all 5 sets. Second set moved better but slow on last rep cos I didn't get back back off the chest. Fire alarm went off during 3rd rep of 4th set, which didn't help. Went for 3rd rep on last set but nope.

Happy with form on block pulls. First set felt off...lop sided or something. Back in order after that. 4th set moved well. Not sure if it was 7 or 8. Hit photo instead of video. Durrrrr. Need to not rush and pull before I'm in position and improve consistency.

It's 7 months since last meet and I always wondered if I'd find myself lacking the same motivation as of training for a comp and surprisingly not. I just aim for each session and aim for progress within the parameters and let everything look after itself, which seems to be good enough to keep me going at the same intensity as if training for a comp. Which is nice.

Thursday 6/6/2019

B) Tempo High Bar Squat (30X0)
    155kg x 1, 1, 1, 1, F

C) T-Bar Row
    +57.5kg x 3 x 8

D) Hamstring Curl
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Side Bend
    50kg x 3 x 12

If ever there was a day I didn't want to train, it was today. Tired as fúck and hip was at me. A lot of me wanted to give it a miss but training has been all over the place and I've been trying to make Thursday night a habit. So I went in. I did bypass the split squats cos priority was squat and hip was at me. Can pick them up another day.

Last warm up squat at 145 was brutal. Let the bar forward, didn't keep upper back tight and had to grind it out. I did think about dumping it for energy but I wondered if better to grind and take a rest rather than have a miss píss me off going into top sets.

1st rep went well and then I don't know why I didn't go again. It was a 9. They all felt like 9.5 after that. Missed the last one cos just as I got to parallel, I leaned a bit to much and the bar was forward and it was too much to grind out. But at least the tempo has helped me figure out  an issue on high bar that I need to address.

I'm not particularly happy with how that went down. I wanted some doubles. But given how I felt half an hour before I started warming up, I'll just chalk it down and move on. Also, 155 was my 1RM for normal tempo high bar going in so it's not complete shíte.

• Advertisement

Sunday 9/6/2019

A) Mid-Grip Bench Press
    97.5kg (@9) x 4, 3, 3

8) Flat DB Press
    40kgs x 8
    37.5kgs x 8

C) Pendlay Rows
    87.5kg x 3 x 8

D) OH Tricep Extensions
    3 x 10

E) Face Pulls
    3 x 12

Spent the day at a christening and was bollócksed when I got home. Dragged myself in.

Reasonably satisfied with mid-grip bench; wanted another rep or two across the 3 sets but it was ok.

Same on DB bench as last week. Last rep on 40s just moved like I wouldn't be hitting all 8 on second set. Set with 37.5s felt a touch stronger than last week at least.

Tank emptied early in Pendlays but got it all done.

Wednesday 12/6/2019

A) Single-Leg RDL
    100kg x 4 x 5

B) GHR
    +17.5kg x 5 x 5

C) Lat Pulldown
    5 x 8

D) Leg Extension
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Plank
    +50kg x 5 x 20s

Tried lat pulldowns instead of pull ups and dropped the weight to see if there were technique changes that would reduce load on forearms because that's where I think the elbow tendon issue might have stemmed from. A little better but not much. Will try with straps on one of the days and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, time to rest it.

Lat pulldown machines in FF are shíte though. Rubber handles that invariably worse then grip cos they're lose and your hand moves around.

Asked someone to give me a hand loading plates for planks with 55kg but they made a balls of it and it was unsteady so just did it with 50kg I could load myself and make it a bit tougher with elbows a bit in front of where they would be under shoulders.

Saturday 15/6/2019

A) Paused Front Squat
    100kg x 5 x 3

95kg x 3, 3, 3, 2, 2

175kg (@7) x 8, 7, 6, 6, 6

D) Shrugs
    150kg x 2 x 12

E) DB Curls
    17.5kgs x 2 x 12

Last few weeks have been a bit disjointed because of life and work. This workout was done across Friday lunchtime, Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Not ideal but it is what it is and I got everything done.

Hip was at me a bit this week. Even doing side-lying hip abductions at Pilates was sore.

Pretty happy with front squat. No soreness either. 2.5kg shy of my heaviest triple but then I've not done it continously for a decent period before.. Set 5 of 5:

Tempo bench was decent. Happy to get three trebles in there. Probably took a little bit more rest between sets.

1st top set on block pulls was a bit sloppy. Second was way better. Let 7th rep go while I congratulated myself on how much better the set was going. Cost me another rep. Spa. Really focused on everything coming up together much more consciously, which helped but I was starting the first pull before my hips were in position so started with hips a touch high too often.

Tuesday 18/6/2019

A) Mid-Grip Bench Press
    100kg (@9) x 4, 3, 3

8) Flat DB Press
    40kgs x 8
    40kgs x (6+2)

C) Pendlay Rows
    90kg x 3 x 8

D) OH Tricep Extensions
    3 x 10

E) Face Pulls
    3 x 12

Moved this ahead of scheduled squat day. Hip had been at me the last few days. Not pain as such but like a nerve discomfort and it kept giving way on me. Didn't fancy trying tempo squats at 5kg over my max.... Anyway, it's a lot like it was when I first realised there was something funky so it will pass again.

Didn't get 4th rep of last set back quickly enough so moved slower than should have. Happy enough with that...to be repping 100kg again. My close grip has always been reasonably close to my comp grip so don't expect mid-grip to be all that different either.

Friday 21/6/2019

A) Tempo High Bar Squat (30X0)
    160kg x 2 x F

B) Low Bar Squat
    70kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 2 x 3
    130kg x 2 x 2
    140kg x 2

C) T-Bar Row
    +60kg x 3 x 8

D) Hamstring Curl
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Side Bend
    55kg x 3 x 12

Hip wasn't 100% still but the sharp 'pains' I was getting, with the hip giving on me, were absent today for the most part.

Missed 160kg twice. First I just gave up. Second, I got to the sticking and stuck. Got massively píssed, not helped by the sand in my vagina, said high bar could go fúck itself and delved back into the world of low bar.

Time was coming to start transitioning back to low bar anyway since this is the last week of this block.

Bar felt at home in low bar spot. Tasty. Will feel better in the short term to do more sets and less reps than more reps and fewer sets just to ease back into it. Stance was a bit narrower than it used be but that's where it feels it moves the best right now. Will take some time to just get a groove on technique again but time is on my side right now.

Saturday 22/6/2019

A) Single-Leg RDL
    100kg x 4 x 5

B) GHR
    +20kg x 5 x 5

C) Pull Ups
    5 x 8

D) Leg Extension
    3 x 10

E) Weighted Plank
    +55kg x 5 x 20s

Stuck with 100kg on SL RDLs and pushed the ROM even more.

Been doing a lot of work on my left elbow...grip/forearm work. Captains of Crush and a flexbar at work getting a lot of use. Used a strap on left hand and was more conscious of not bringing forearm muscles into it insofar as I could. Thumbless grip and neutral was the least uncomfortable and a bit better than expected but it was also just bodyweight so we'll see...

Went to the area upstairs and got non-bumper 25s and did get a 5kg plate on top easily enough. Not sure why that didn't occur to me before.

Monday 24/6/2019

A) Paused Front Squat
    105kg x 5 x 3

97.5kg x 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

182.5kg x 6, 6, 6, 5, 6

D) Shrugs
    150kg x 2 x 12

E) DB Curls
    17.5kgs x 2 x 12

So much for pull ups feeling alright the other night. Elbow felt like shít yesterday morning.

Split between Sunday and Monday. Block pulls were done on Monday because I didn't feel like starting into them at 10 pm last night...

Paused front squat triples 2.5kg over what was my non-paused 3RM. For 5 sets, so obviously feeling good about front squats.

Only feel elbow lifting out the bar on bench so can't blame it for anything. Expected to get 3 on the first couple of sets but not to be.

Worked on a couple of things with grip and hips on block pulls and bar moved quickly when it clicked.

Thursday 27/6/2019

'Cause everything has been so bitty, I hadn't realised I'd finished the block 'til today.

Hip had been at me all day. Like a twitchy nerve that kept threatening to make my leg give way under me for ages. And then it'd be fine for ages. And then not. Ffs.

So just went in and did some isolationy stuff on biceps, triceps and shoulders. The pump was real. A load of face pulls as well.

Got an activity band/fitbit type thing just out of curiosity on steps. Walk to work is short and always felt I moved a lot less than it turns out I do even after knocking off 20% for fake steps. And while I'm sceptical about sleep measurement I was curious and it seems to tally so far.

Saturday 29/6/2019

Training in COH's this morning. Between blocks so the plan was to work on low bar.

But hip was achey from the start...kept going to try and see if that eased but it wasn't.

Anyway, COH had a look and firstly, the narrowed stance I was using to minimise any potential discomfort was too narrow and means I'd get less out of low bar because I get less contribution from my hips.

So continue with high bar and try find some middle ground without going beyond to find discomfort.

Back to high bar set up and felt so much better, ie no discomfort.

Benefit of a coach right there.

Monday 1/7/2019

A1) T-Bar Row
    4 x 15

A2) Lateral Raises
    4 x 12

A3) Shrugs
    4 x 20

B1) Tricep Pushdown
    4 x 12

B2) Reverse Curls
    4 x 12

C1) Leg Extensions
    3 x 15

C2) Shoulder Press
    3 x 12

Between blocks so a bit of fun chasing a pump in 35 minutes. Was so swole afterwards I could barely get back into the office, let alone my shirt.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 2/7/2019

Had some free time so went in and kept the engine turning over.

Saw there was an SSB bar so decided to see how they might feel with hip flexion and no surprise they were fine because torso more upright.

Birra bench pump.

RDLs to see how a different hip dominant compound would feel and it was fine with a good ROM.

OHP for pump to end.

Had Pilates at lunch...the ROM on hip abductions on my iffy hip is shocking. So was glad that the SSB Squat and RDLS felt ok.

That was good craic.

Thursday 4/7/2019

A) Paused High Bar Squat
    80kg x 6x 5

B) Close-Grip Incline Bench
    67.5kg x 6 (@8)
    52.5kg x 8, 8, 8, 12

C) Incline DB Press
    25kgs x 4 x 15

D) OH Tricep Extensions 
    5 x 15

E) Reverse DB Flys
    5kgs x 5 x 20

New block. Woof!

Light start to pause squats. Pause was halfway down and making sure to control the pace of the descent into the hole so I don't lose control of my hips. Not as important at that weight but need to ingrain the movement.

Took a bit of getting used to with close-grip incline bench. Bench at ~ 45 degrees. Form will get tidier which will help with the weight/reps.

All of the other high rep tings.

Saturday 6/7/2019

A) High Bar Pin Squat
    122.5kg x 6 (@8)
    92.5kg x 8, 8, 12

8) Snatch-Grip RDL
    110kgs x 8, 8, 15

C) Hamstring Curl
    5 x 15

D) DB Hammer Curls
    10kgs x 3 x 20

E) Core Circuit - 10 mins
    Rotating between normal plank and plank to each side
    10 rounds: 45s on, 15s rest

Warm up was an hour and a half in the cinema #pickandmix

First time ever doing pin squats. Pins were either too low or just about 1-2" above parallel. Went with the latter because that felt like it was right about sticking point territory. And also because the bar wasn't on the pins at the bottom of the squat for the lower setting...

Been thinking about the differences between pin squat and pausing in the hole and got my answer. Really feels different driving out of the bottom.

Beltless SG RDL. Forgot how much snatch grip + DL variation burns the bejesus out of the lats. Deep fried. 

Monday 8/7/2019

A) Wide-Grip Bench
    62.5kg x 5 x 12

B) Standing BB OHP
    42.5kg x 6  (@7)
    47.5kg x 6  (@8)
    52.5kg x 6  (@9)
    40kg x 8, 8, 14

C) Seated DB Powerclean
    6kgs x 5 x 15

D) Facepulls
    4 x 15

E) Rolling DB Tricep Extension
    6kgs x 3 x 20

Been a while since I've done wide-grip bench. Last few reps were weird...felt light but slowed with a burn.

There will likely be DOMS with triceps bearing the brunt.

OHP was grand. I so rarely do them that I have no idea if I will be weaker or weakerer at them.

Forgot how much the powercleans burn the shoulders up

Tuesday 9/7/2019

A) 3" Block Pulls
    165kg x 5 (@6)
    175kg x 5 (@7)
    185kg x 5 (@8)
    140kg x 8, 8, 13

B) Deadlift Stance High Box Squat
    90kg x 8
    100kg x 8
    110kg x 8
    120kg x 8
    130kg x 8

C) Leg Extensions
    4 x 12

D) Calf Raises
    4 x 12

E) Weighted Sit up
    +5kg x 4 x 60s   (~30/60s)

Near death experience tonight. Almost drowned. In my own sweat.

Block pulls were fine. Made a bit of a balls of 4th rep on top set and thought I'd overshot the RPE but head back on for 5th rep and it was an RPE 8 set.

Was trying a new cue to get my hips into low enough position to flatten out the back and it seemed to work well enough.

Last time I was doing triples for DL stance high box squats so was gard to gauge so just ramped up as prescribed. Can feel the quads work like mofos driving off the bench.

Thursday 11/7/2019

A) Paused (halfway down) High Bar Squat
    85kg x 6 x 5

72.5kg x 5  (@8)
    55kg x 8, 8, 8, 14

C) Incline DB Press
    27.5kgs x 3 x 15
    25kgs x 15

D) OH Tricep Extensions 
    5 x 15

E) Reverse DB Flys
    5kgs x 5 x 20

Paused squats were good. Long pause and controlled into the hole. But at that weight, it's much easier to do all that. But drilling technique and positions is where it's at right now.

Got into a better groove on close-grip incline bench. Felt less funky than last week so more reps on the back off.

Wasn't sure if I'd move up weight for any sets of incline bench but went for first one and felt good so went for 2nd set. And then a 3rd cos no sign of 25s. Pretty happy with that.

Chest and tricep pump, yo.

Serious burn off the reverse flys.

Saturday 13/7/2019

A) High Bar Pin Squat
    130kg x 5 (@8)
    97.5kg x 8, 8, 13

B) Snatch-Grip RDL
    117.5kgs x 8, 8, 15

C) Hamstring Curl
    5 x 15

D) DB Hammer Curls
    10kgs x 3 x 20

E) Core Circuit - ~10 mins
    Rotating between normal plank and plank to each side
    10 rounds: 50s on, 15s rest

Pin squats moved better this week. Still more improvement there but moving in the right direction.

SG RDLs...ugh. Good ROM and hammies feeling it.

All of the sweat.

Certainly feeling the squattage in my quads anyway.

Sunday 14/7/2019

A) Wide-Grip Bench
    65kg x 5 x 12

B) Standing BB OHP
    47.5kg x 5  (@7)
    52.5kg x 5  (@8)
    57.5kg x 5  (@9)
    42.5kg x 8, 8, 15

C) Seated DB Powerclean
    7.5kgs x 5 x 12

D) Facepulls
    4 x 12

E) Rolling DB Tricep Extension
    10kgs x 3 x 12

Went in all out of adrenaline after a class day of sports.

Great chest pump from the wide-grip bench!

Was pretty sure there were 2 reps in the tank after 4th rep on top set of OHP. But misgrooved the last a touch and it moved too slowly. But, while I don't OHP all that often, the heaviest single I've ever done is 62.5kg so happy enough with a set of 5 at 5kg less.
    In back-off sets, moved grip a touch wider so half an inch of knurling inside grip and it def felt stronger.  One for next day out on heavy sets.

DB powercleans really do burn the bejesus out of the delts.

Tuesday 16/7/2019

A) 3" Block Pulls
    165kg x 4 (@6)
    177.5kg x 4 (@7)
    192.5kg x 4 (@8)
    142.5kg x 8, 8, 12

B) Deadlift Stance High Box Squat
    100kg x 8
    110kg x 8
    120kg x 8
    125kg x 8
    130kg x 8

C) Leg Extensions
    4 x 10

D) Calf Raises
    90kg x 4 x 10

E) Weighted Sit up
    +7.5kg x 4 x 60s   (~30/60s)

Yet another sweat-fest. Dripping off my elbows on squats. Could gave done with having my chalk with me as well...

Prob overshot the RPE on the top set of block pulls. Should have had another warm up at 185 to gauge it better.

The execution of the high box squat took a bit of fine tuning last week so was conservative enough this week but started a bit heavier and got in more good volume than last week.
    Realised after I sat on bench after last set that it was lower than it should have been. Obviously didn't cop the bench was slightly different...

The hamstring curl and leg extension machines in FF tend to accelerate the eccentric more than I'm used to so just hold and then slow eccentric.

• Advertisement

Thursday 18/7/2019

A) Paused (halfway down) High Bar Squat
    90kg x 6 x 5

75kg x 4  (@8)
    57.5kg x 8, 8, 8, 14

C) Incline DB Press
    32.5kgs x 10
    30kgs x 3 x 10

D) OH Tricep Extensions 
    5 x 10

E) Reverse DB Flys
    8kgs x 5 x 12

Paused squats were good. Long pause and controlled from there into the hole. Should be at that weight though.

But it doesn't always work that way. For me anyway. I won't be squatting low bar for the forseeable future, if ever, and I've never really consciously built my high bar from the bottom up. It's not terrible but if I want to progress is, I need to drill those finer details and making sure my position into and out of the hole is correct along the way is where I should be.

Close-Grip Incline felt solid.

Had assumed I'd be able to take the 32.5s for 10s but the first set was too slow. No real break after close-grip incline so that probably took a toll but no matter.

Advertisement