Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lowering your wanted level is much more challenging in this game. So rewarding when you evade 3 stars by starting a car chase up the
    mountain then driving off a cliff, testing the police to see if they have the balls to do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Was running away from the cops in a firetruck so decided to hit the beach, got away from them and spotted some campfires ahead. Sadly, you can't put them out with the firetruck. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did a parachute jump from the cable car place. The road they sent me up was for hikers, so I still drove up. Some wagon wouldnt get out of my way so I slowly nudged her over off the edge. Then picked up the bag and ran off edge of metal beam.

Roller coaster is funny, maybe moreso bizarre. Drove the highway round the island twice. R1 is not an option. Still loads of map to discover. Starting first mission with Michael next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Loving the driving so far in this one. Hated it in GTA IV for whatever reason.
    Have only done the prologue and 1st mission so far but its a beautiful looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Can you actually steal those freight trains? Do you have to wait until a certain point in the game? On one now and have no idea how to actually get into the cabin, standing right at the door pressing Y with no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Drove an old truck from the country to the golf course in the city with 5 tires shot out and 4 stars. It all ended after I drove into the water on the course :(

Lamar is Smokey from Friday. The few missions I've done have been great, a huge improvement on IV imo. The Feltzer is my favourite car.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Anyone been to the cinema yet? The lonliest robot in great Britain is a great movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

are there horses in the game i did a quick search to no avail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Where about is Grove St,can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kells... wrote: »
    Where about is Grove St,can't find it

It's a little bit west of Franklins house I think. It's on the printed map you get on the more detailed map of Los Santos with all the street names on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've not played Uncharted 2 and I don't play PC gaming before one of those types jumps all over this, but graphically this is as good as I can remember seeing. The whole World is so alive, so detailed and so beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

I am just after skipping a mission but it got stuck loading , if i turn the ps3 off will it return to the latest point on the mission ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Played for about 2 hours.

Turned on PS3 for another session and it won't read the disc!!

FML. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has anyone done the strangers and freaks for Michael in Legion Square?

What the holy f**k!

Starting my first heist! Love the planning part.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

When does flight school become active? Is it at a certain point in the storyline and which character goes to it?

Anyone else deliberately postponing missions in case the storyline goes too fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just finished the second heist, The missions are much better than GTA IV. Flight school opens up before the second heist afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When does flight school become active? Is it at a certain point in the storyline and which character goes to it?

Anyone else deliberately postponing missions in case the storyline goes too fast?

Was looking for that myself, I saw the stunt plane mission from the dlc and thought that might be it so i hopped in the plane, immediately flipped it upside down into a field and fell out in a heap :pac: methinks I need lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

For some reason i'm playing really slowly, for most of the gameplay i've just been driving around (trying not to damage my car :rolleyes:)

I've done a few missions, the last one was
    When Micheal pulled the house down with the truck
    That was awesome, i've barely scratched the surface of this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone found 24/7 shops to rob yet? If so, where? Only managed one so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

photo.jpg

eeeeeeeeeekk!!! :eek::eek::P:P:P:P:pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

*Prays py2006 gets a powercut*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This is... it's just unreal! Really giving me the view I can do ANYTHING! They have completely blown GTA 4 out of the water.

I've found a few shops around where Franklin lives, small gas stations and such that I'm robbing for cash, so fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Came a cross a robbery near Franklin's guys asked me to get them a car for the get away, Pfttt I shot um dead there and then an took their money.

Edit Jumbos are flyable btw

Controls are pissing me off big time, so used to classic since GTA I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Even better than i expected. I spent a good hour just messing around with the petrol can. Got the blimp eventually after getting an invalid code error and had that song homer sings in my head the whole time.

**** its good. Since starting at around 1pm I've played about 23 missions (side missions included), played 2 rounds of tennis. got 2 lapdances at the same time, been chased around the entire city while only barely managing to get away with it, and jumped straight into a fence head first numerous times.

Getting into a taxi is different from GTA IV, so I ended up stealing 4-5 taxis before finally getting into one as a passenger. Thankfully, GTA V is different in that you don't really want to use taxis in this game, but it is there.

What takeaway are people ordering tonight? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

miralize wrote: »
    **** its good. Since starting at around 1pm I've played about 23 missions (side missions included), played 2 rounds of tennis. got 2 lapdances at the same time, been chased around the entire city while only barely managing to get away with it, and jumped straight into a fence head first numerous times.

Getting into a taxi is different from GTA IV, so I ended up stealing 4-5 taxis before finally getting into one as a passenger. Thankfully, GTA V is different in that you don't really want to use taxis in this game, but it is there.

What takeaway are people ordering tonight? :pac:

Surely the rumour about only 63 missions isn't true so?

Surely the rumour about only 63 missions isn't true so?

69 main missions. I've played only about 7-8 main ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finished the flying school..... tears were shed :p Helicopter flying makes me somewhat motion sick too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone found 24/7 shops to rob yet? If so, where? Only managed one so far.

If you look at the map of where Franklin starts, there's one across the road from the car wash that's just north of his house.

Advertisement