Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championships 2013 - Spoilers!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I seen it, the first 2 games were close
    The 3rd game was 18-0 at one stage, with it finishing 26-2
    If 26-2 isn't a creaming, I don't know what is

One game was a snowball from a poor level one and the other 2 were incredibly close, a 2-1 isn't a creaming fella. Infact it was by far the closest game in the quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lads the only thing that really matters about the Fnatic vs C9 game is that EU can now gloat for a year to NA because they're trash. :pac:

Its hilarious, the amount of reddit threads that sprung up complaining about the bye system when C9 went out is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

And about how one instance of Noc ult bugging cost c9 the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Korvanica wrote: »
    Lads the only thing that really matters about the Fnatic vs C9 game is that EU can now gloat for a year to NA because they're trash. :pac:

Its hilarious, the amount of reddit threads that sprung up complaining about the bye system when C9 went out is hilarious.

Yeah, im glad fnatic won ofc, but was hoping to see how c9 would do against some of the asian teams. I complained about the bye system well before the championship started on this thread tho, so im not fan boying or anything ! :D

Anyway.. onto the semi's ! Hopefully fnatic can get through to the finals. The last 4 teams all look really strong tho, gonna be interesting !

The bye system is a bit stupid, like look at Gamma bears, they got a bye into the quarters but they were the only team to come out of Taiwan and then proceeded to get stomped. If a region only has one spot, it should not get a bye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

n1ck wrote: »
    The bye system is a bit stupid, like look at Gamma bears, they got a bye into the quarters but they were the only team to come out of Taiwan and then proceeded to get stomped. If a region only has one spot, it should not get a bye.
    Gamania Bears were part of the Southeast Asia region. They got a bye; Mineski got put in the groups as second seed. Same as the Chinese teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not sure how Taiwan manages to be SEA and not China...

Seifer wrote: »
    Gamania Bears were part of the Southeast Asia region. They got a bye; Mineski got put in the groups as second seed. Same as the Chinese teams.

Gamania Bears were part of the Taiwan Regional where they beat Taipei Snipers. Mineski were part of SEA where they beat Singapore Sentinels. Each region only had one qualifying team.
    Kold wrote: »
    Not sure how Taiwan manages to be SEA and not China...

Taiwan regional included teams from Hong Kong and Macau(part of china).

n1ck wrote: »
    Gamania Bears were part of the Taiwan Regional where they beat Taipei Snipers. Mineski were part of SEA where they beat Singapore Sentinels. Each region only had one qualifying team.
    Fair enough, Riot has them both listed as being from Southeast Asia on the lolesports for some reason.

Kind of a dull series :/ Maybe it's because I don't particularly care about either team. Hopefully Royal vs. Fnatic is more entertaining.

• Advertisement

Game 2: game of the tournament for me. For Fnatic to come back after that start and then the insane Royal aggression. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

thx ... just watched it and was a great game. Felt sorry for Fnatic to lose that after such a strong comeback. Baron decided it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For anyone who isn't going to watch all the VODs or maybe watching ALL the games is too much, I found the below with links to highlights and the best plays from each day, Examples below

Highlights etc from each game

The channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/Instaclock/videos?sort=dd&shelf_index=2&view=1

Anyone heading to the Event in Dublin tomorrow to watch the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone heading to the Event in Dublin tomorrow to watch the final?

There's an event in Dublin tomorrow?

There's an event in Dublin tomorrow?

Yea in moxie studios. I'm on mobile at the mo. So can't link the event. Will do so later

10 quid in. There is a bar. You can also bring your own beer.

Think it opens around 2.30 am Saturday morning.

Also. Probable Riot swag

Yea in moxie studios. I'm on mobile at the mo. So can't link the event. Will do so later

10 quid in. There is a bar. You can also bring your own beer.

Think it opens around 2.30 am Saturday morning.

Also. Probable Riot swag

I'm on the train home and can't see it anywhere on the first page of the MOBA forum... Ok! I'm assuming its on pretty late because of the location so probably wouldn't be able to drop in after work.

I'm on the train home and can't see it anywhere on the first page of the MOBA forum... Ok! I'm assuming its on pretty late because of the location so probably wouldn't be able to drop in after work.

Well you could drop in after work... Bit you'd have to wait till 2 am. Check the Facebook Irish lol page...its on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Verxice

Well you could drop in after work... Bit you'd have to wait till 2 am. Check the Facebook Irish lol page...its on there.

Hey, I am new to this but would very much like to go to an event since my internet isn't reliable. I cant seem to find the facebook page. Any chance you could link it?

Facebook. Lol.

child-bitch-please.jpg

• Advertisement

Verxice wrote: »
    Hey, I am new to this but would very much like to go to an event since my internet isn't reliable. I cant seem to find the facebook page. Any chance you could link it?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/ here.

What time do the matches start GMT? I think I add on 6 hours to that.

They start at 4 AM GMT.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

woop, home for a nap after work then up i get!!

Verxice wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/

Only saw this now sorry.

Event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/392568254202057

There's been an issue and the place needs to be vacated before 8am. so that possibly means leaving before the games are over.
    Splinter wrote: »
    woop, home for a nap after work then up i get!!

Wish i could do so. I can never nap. its very annnoying.

**** that gives me like an hour before I have to go to work :[

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

GG !!! SKT T1 !! Amazing :D
    Brilliant being able to watch it over here at 1pm with a cup of tea :)...none of that getting up early nonsense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Verxice

Yes very well played by SK. disapointed in Royals performance though. They failed to deliver. Well I didn't get up early. It is almost 8am and I never went to sleep! :D

Meh, complete mismatch.

Damp squib alright

• Advertisement

The atmosphere last season was so much better, the crowd weren't half as vocal this season which made it disappointing.

Advertisement