Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championships 2013 - Spoilers!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

C9 vs Fnatic
    quarter-final, this is going to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FNATIC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Spoiler in the thread title; you're good to talk freely.

Gragas pick into Kassa made no sense. You have to pick something that punishes him early.
    Fnatic team fights just so good. Meteos was looking strong early though.

Xpeke too bold. Dumb pick.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fantastic game 2!!! can't wait for game 3!

• Advertisement

Xpeke too bold. Dumb pick.

Yep and he needed to get a Zhonya's so bad. That 5xHomeguard was great from C9.

I know I should be cheering for EU. But I'm cheering for c9, fantastic team and I love their play

Lee had to snowball for this to work; dream start!

Well. GEE GEE

GO FNATIC!

its a shame to see the match turn like this but amazing work out of FNC i'll admit

• Advertisement

Noob Varus - -;

EDIT: Noob bot lane. Ruined perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was a great game, fnatic are looking so strong right now. still this is exactly why i hate the set up for the LoL world finals. 4 of the best teams getting a bye and possibly only playing 2 games before being knocked out.

Having larger groups with seeded quarter finals is a far more fair set up.

this GMB and NJS game is fantastic!

Great game; EU so strong. Hope they can close it out but it's too late for me, will catch the VoD's tomorrow.
    Enjoy!

Went to bed at the right time :/ Black Sword bot lane just in a different league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seifer wrote: »
    Went to bed at the right time :/ Black Sword bot lane just in a different league.

Dat Thresh, dat Thresh. I was surprised Gambit didn't ban him away from Cain in the 3rd match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sickening to watch Gambit go down that easily.

Ah well , Cmon Fnatic ! You're our only hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SKT so good !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

These games really underline how bad the bye system is. Out of nowhere a Royal Club and a Najin Sword appear and f*ck 2 tired teams into submission.

Kold wrote: »
    These games really underline how bad the bye system is. Out of nowhere a Royal Club and a Najin Sword appear and f*ck 2 tired teams into submission.

And then there's the counter-argument that Fnatic fúcked Cloud 9 because they got to warm-up with group stage matches.

And it's not out of no where, Najin and Royal are the number one seeds from their region so they are expected to beat the lower seeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's mostly a criticism of the entertainment value. It would be good to see everyone play their way through groups rather than the game changing when they get to the half way point of a long comp. C9 won their region and got 2 hours of exposure.

It's mostly a criticism of the entertainment value. It would be good to see everyone play their way through groups rather than the game changing when they get to the half way point of a long comp. C9 won their region and got 2 hours of exposure.

Because they're not good enough to be the best in the world.

I don't love the format but I also can't stand the double elimination crap that many other e-sports use. I'm sure there's a happy medium in there some where...

Because they're not good enough to be the best in the world.

I don't love the format but I also can't stand the double elimination crap that many other e-sports use. I'm sure there's a happy medium in there some where...

Yes... like he said, everyone plays in the groups.

Magill wrote: »
    Yes... like he said, everyone plays in the groups.

So we now have 14 teams in groups and it jumps to having to play 70 games before the knock-out stages even begin. With the current format they were able to show all group games individually. It would make it drag out even longer if they tried to do that with 70 games so then you have the alternative of running multiple games at the same time which leaves the fans missing out.

So we now have 14 teams in groups and it jumps to having to play 70 games before the knock-out stages even begin. With the current format they were able to show all group games individually. It would make it drag out even longer if they tried to do that with 70 games so then you have the alternative of running multiple games at the same time which leaves the fans missing out.

Im sure riot can invest in multiple streams tho.. or just put more games on per day. Its not like people can't watch VODs of the best games etc, i've had to do it for most of this tournament so far.

The international 3 had like 130 games spread over 3 days fs ! Not to mention a huge upper/lower bracket knockout stage !

We only get to see all these teams play once per year, i don't think 70 games is too much to ask for lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

VODS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Korvanica wrote: »
    VODS ?

But say for example when one game ends, they'll either say something about it on stream or announce the result or display it when that current game is over. There is gonna be spoilers everywhere and I, like many i'm sure, prefer to watch VODs without having the game spoiled before watching it.

And then there's the counter-argument that Fnatic fúcked Cloud 9 because they got to warm-up with group stage matches.

And it's not out of no where, Najin and Royal are the number one seeds from their region so they are expected to beat the lower seeds.

I completely agree with Seifer on this.
    You think 2 games a day every 2 days makes them 'tired' ?
    These teams live in gaming houses where they play and practice up to 10 hours a day, They are constantly having to compete at the highest level.
    This isn't anything new to them.

And as Seifer pointed out, Fnatic creamed Cloud9, and then you have SKT T1 who completely rolled over Gamania Bears, they didn't look 'tired', in fact, they just been getting progressively stronger.

I'm pretty happy with the format, and there are still enough matches that I haven't even been able to watch over 50% yet.

Im guessing the fnatic / C9 game is one of the 50% you haven't watched yet ? Because fnatic certainly didn't "cream" them lol.

Anyway, i said before the tournament started that i thought the bye system was bad, and i still think its bad. Most people seem to agree, at least from a spectators pov. Hopefully they change it next year.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Im guessing the fnatic / C9 game is one of the 50% you haven't watched yet ? Because fnatic certainly didn't "cream" them lol.

Anyway, i said before the tournament started that i thought the bye system was bad, and i still think its bad. Most people seem to agree, at least from a spectators pov. Hopefully they change it next year.

I seen it, the first 2 games were close
    The 3rd game was 18-0 at one stage, with it finishing 26-2
    If 26-2 isn't a creaming, I don't know what is

Advertisement