Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championships 2013 - Spoilers!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

should be interesting. Hopefully the western teams in general have a decent showing.

One thing about the format tho...I hate the bye system they use, its not a very good system for anyone involved i feel. Yeah the teams that get the byes are through to the next round, but they are missing out on good warmup/feeler games etc.

Viewers miss out on a what could have been many more good games vs the top teams. Would have liked to see how C9 match up against some of the euros etc.. instead they could end up going against SK T1 and get knocked out after one series.. which would be ****.

And riot obviously miss out on more viewers etc...

Should have just had 2 groups of 7, top 4 go through. Meh... still looking forward to most of the group stage games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did you see this in the Korean finals 2 weeks ago ? :D

4th minute, the Zed play. Unreal, I never seen anything like it
    The whole series is worth watching tbh

SK were down 2-0 to KT Bullets, then came back 2-2 , final game is a Blind pick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

10 minutes to go and a great match-up for the opener! I hope Gambit get their stomp on :D

Seifer wrote: »
    10 minutes to go and a great match-up for the opener! I hope Gambit get their stomp on :D

Ok, I saw GG and assumed but it was Gambit but it's the wildcard team playing TSM...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh **** worlds has started. OMG vs TSM atm

• Advertisement

Oh **** worlds has started. OMG vs TSM atm
    That was so much more entertaining than the first two games. Love to see Regi choking hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

International wildcard is the dumbest thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you see this in the Korean finals 2 weeks ago ? :D

4th minute, the Zed play. Unreal, I never seen anything like it
    The whole series is worth watching tbh

SK were down 2-0 to KT Bullets, then came back 2-2 , final game is a Blind pick
    It doesn't help that they're both Zed! My eyes!

n1ck wrote: »
    International wildcard is the dumbest thing ever.
    I suppose it's the same thinking behind the football world cup in that they want to represent as much of the world as possible so for example Oceanic and Asian teams get spots even though they're much worse than a lot of European teams that didn't qualify.

The OMG vs SKT T1 game was unreal! They're playing on another level completely.

I know why they do it but I just think the team that can't even get into the LCS gets to play at Worlds where as a team that could actually compete doesn't. I don't like the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Reginald's Fizz last night was possibly the worst professional display of Fizz I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just watched Gambit v Vulcun... Gambit were insane. Such a good game.

I stayed up and watched it last night and it was pretty insane how much control they have.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Was up all nigh5. 4 hours sleep down and trying to decide should I repeat it tonight. Feel bad for mineski. They just cantbring it. Good game against vulcan but unfprtununfortunately not enough. Gambit and fnc was a stomping though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Fnatic and Gambit really brought it yesterday. I dunno how Ozone Galaxy are compared to the other Korean teams but it looks like the EU teams wont be stomped by Asia like everyone expected them to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Was never on the Korean hype train, glad the euros are doing alrite !

Groups are still wide open tho, hopefully at least 2 of the Euro teams make it through.. im expecting lemon dogs to turn things around and pull out a few upsets, very tough group they've got tho.

Have to catch up on these in the evenings as there's no way I could work after staying up all night. It's actually nice being able to fast forward the long pauses and just skip to the next game when it's obvious one is over.

It's great how strong the Europeans are showing!

I recommend anyone who didn't stay up to watch it last night to watch Lemondogs vs OMG!

Why get up so late to watch them ?
    Would you not rather watch the vods etc at a normal time with your dinner etc ? :P

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Why get up so late to watch them ?
    Would you not rather watch the vods etc at a normal time with your dinner etc ? :P

I usually stay up playing games and it was like an extra hour to watch the first game. I don't watch them all, I generally watch the vods of the games I'm interested in.

• Advertisement

I recommend anyone who didn't stay up to watch it last night to watch Lemondogs vs OMG!

watching it now, incredible game!

Splinter wrote: »
    watching it now, incredible game!

It is probably one of the best games ive seen in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

So many games, too little free time...

Very impressed with Krepo's game analyses, a bit surprised by how insightful he is. However, not so sure about doublelift, but I suppose he is probably just there for the comic relief.

Krepo is a fantastic addition. I remember watching him talk about games over the last season and he very quickly became one of my favorite people. He sees things that most don't seem to spot. Fantastic to watch streaming as well, one of the best Supports for that reason imo :)

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    So many games, too little free time...

Very impressed with Krepo's game analyses, a bit surprised by how insightful he is. However, not so sure about doublelift, but I suppose he is probably just there for the comic relief.

Doublelift has great insight on bot lane match ups, probably better than anyone and the fact that he's such a character, I think he's a great addition to the panel.

TSM vs OMG very entertaining in a rofl-stomp kind of way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I like people who do this. I can't stay up to watch the games so it's comments like this that are great!

You need to watch fanatic vs mineski from today. Fantastic fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Oh boy.... Vulcun Y SO SH1T?!?

• Advertisement

SKT1 vs OMG .....

OMG were 7-0 , SKT1 6-1 ....I didn't expect such a stomp !!

Advertisement