Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Ospreys, Saturday 14th Sept 18:15, RTE2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Sickening finish, but a draw against the Ospreys isn't a bad result all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Billy86 wrote: »
    That final penalty was a bit odd, wasn't physically possible to retreat in that time. Wouldn't mind seeing a replay for the kick, too.

He wasnt on the mark either I dont think. Ref should have called it back.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What's happening? What's happening?

Be descriptive in your posts dammit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Sorry but that is the most shocking biased one sided refereeing performances I have ever seen. Absolutely shocking. He reffed one side at the scrum and gave every 50:50 call to The Ospreys. I am disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Sure Biggar would have nailed it either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hagz wrote: »
    Leinster player not rolling away, and then we weren't 10 metres.

He didn't just not roll away, he bloody dived into the back of the ruck to get in the way. Utterly brainless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lads seemed to be appealing for him to go upstairs on the kick at the end. Crowd behind the goal seemed certain he missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

The pen was for Denton going off his feet

awec wrote: »
    What's happening? What's happening?

Be descriptive in your posts dammit! :pac:

Its all gone wrong, its all gone wrong !

Leinster gave away a penalty last kick of the game and Biggar knocked it over to draw the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

This could not have gone better! Showed enough promise to leave something to be desired, but didnt disappoint. My whistle is very well wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

Draw great result from a Munster perspective. 2 points clear at the top of the table after just 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Disappointed with the referee and some of his more bizarre interpretations of the rules of rugby more than anything about that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

jjjd wrote: »
    Draw great result from a Munster perspective. 2 points clear at the top of the table after just 2 games.

Hilarious. You just cheered me up no end with that post..

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Kayless

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Sorry but that is the most shocking biased one sided refereeing performances I have ever seen. Absolutely shocking. He reffed one side at the scrum and gave every 50:50 call to The Ospreys. I am disgusted.

I have to agree, Welsh referee after all also thought Leinster were the better team throughout, they should have won

Was this the Os first team? if so not a bad result for Leinster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Wow, McGrath, hold on until I hop on the bandwagon. Haven't seen him play much but he looks like he could be world class. Even Healy must be getting worried. We've a great selection of looseheads in this country now

Murphy was very good too, serious pace from the back of the scrum

Anyone think Godman may well have a good chance of usurping Darcy? Seems Darcy isn't all together suited for the crash ball role O'Connor has him doing

What did ye make of the last penalty? i thought there was nothing wrong with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He wasnt on the mark either I dont think. Ref should have called it back.
    I only saw the last 20 minutes or so and don't have too much invested in Leinster so I don't feel this is a "charged" comment - but that was some incredibly one-sided refereeing. It really did come over as if he was just looking for excuses and ways to help out Ospreys at times ("at times" being, nearly all of the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Didn't think there was much wrong with the ref from the stands.... Can't understand how Cronin was sinbinned tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Wow, McGrath, hold on until I hop on the bandwagon. Haven't seen him play much but he looks like he could be world class. Even Healy must be getting worried. We've a great selection of looseheads in this country now

Murphy was very good too, serious pace from the back of the scrum

Anyone think Godman may well have a good chance of usurping Darcy? Seems Darcy isn't all together suited for the crash ball role O'Connor has him doing

No, Healy is not worried. Leinster are just delighted they have a world class LH, and a decent backup. Murphy went to sleep at the start of the 2nd half, but was very dynamic in the last 20. I thought Darcy was OK tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

My issue is not so much with that pen, but the scrum that it came from. There was an Ospreys early drive that was clear as day, Leinster had been penalised for it so often they were yellow carded, how that wasn't worthy of at least a free kick was baffling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

How long does Healys contract run until, I can see another Sexton like situation developing where Healy gets a massive offer from France and the IRFU content with the depth at the provinces dont fight too hard to keep him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

.ak wrote: »
    Didn't think there was much wrong with the ref from the stands.... Can't understand how Cronin was sinbinned tho

Any pearls of wisdom re individual performances, since you had the advantage (lucky bastard) of watching the game live?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

shuffol wrote: »
    How long does Healys contract run until, I can see another Sexton like situation developing where Healy gets a massive offer from France and the IRFU content with the depth at the provinces dont fight too hard to keep him.

Much more important to have two quality looseheads than flyhalves though.

2016. Shows you how happy he is to stick around.

.ak wrote: »

Had previously given a final warning for infringing at the scrum and Cronin was the the sacrificial lamb as the ref genuinely hadnt a clue what was going on but wasnt about to penalise Ospreys on their feed on their try line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just back from the game. Can anyone tell me why Cronin was put in the bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

I'm more worried about O'Brien and Heaslip being mentioned with France.. Their contracts run out the end of this season...

Would the French clubs not take someone like Devon Toner instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Any pearls of wisdom re individual performances, since you had the advantage (lucky bastard) of watching the game live?

I thought fanning was woeful, one thing you miss from the tv is positioning and he completely lost the plot on restarts in the 2nd half and shot off his wing. Directly cost us a try.

In the last 20 I thought Murphy was immense, but I wouldn't blame him too much for going missing at the beginning of the second half as he'd gone off as a blood injury.

Jennings had a horrible first half but a fairly handy second.

Gopperth was our best player, easily. Ran a little cold in the last 20 but our hand was played with the Hudson injury. I would've swapped him to FB and see what Madigan could bring in the last few as first receiver.

Darcys off the ball work was fantastic, particularly in defence where he put a lot of people into position. Cleaned up a lot of ball and his distribution was clear and precise.

McGraths work in the loose was massive but I'll reserve judgment in his scrummaging until I see replays - our scrums were wheeling before the ball was fed and that must've been down to a prop not the hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This is a result of not being a professional rugby player for most of his adult life so I'm not having a go at him or anything but you can see Fanning doesn't have the physical conditioning that the rest of the squad does, imo.

Christ Almight, I'm only after just finding out that the Jones props aren't actually brothers. I seriously thought they were brothers this whole time..:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

As soon as those hairy bastards came on at half time it spelled trouble

Advertisement