Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI Presidency

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭wav1

Beasty wrote: »
    Not quite - the College of Comms asked for the proposed wording of the change in regulations. It was then pointed out that the precise wording had already been provided with the original resolution, but the proposers had been requested not to include it in the resolution for fear of confusing the proposal.

From what I understand Kanturk have gone to quite a bit of trouble to make sure they got this right, and I think the Comms may have some difficulty if they are looking to pick holes in it...
    Useless information time.The guy who made the presentatin on behalf of Kanturk and the motion,is the author of the great book ''an ras''.Tom Daly usually has his homework done,and i would imagine his original motion was quite comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Northener

Tom Daly was my 'Man of the Match' at the Four Seasons yesterday. He identified that there is a gap in the list of products that Cycling Ireland is offering its members with regard to the older cycling members.
    He decided to get a product to fill this gap. He did his research and presented his proposal to the AGM.We listened to it and to others who thought it was the wrong route to take and then we voted on it.The majority supported Tom's plan.

As I see it now,it is up to Cycling Ireland to implement it.Let them work out the administrative details with the Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Northener wrote: »
    As I see it now,it is up to Cycling Ireland to implement it.Let them work out the administrative details with the Comms.

I dont hold out much hope of anything other than a one race masters IC race for the age groups what will be agreed coming from this and yes its a start,but saying "it is up to Cycling Ireland to implement it" will not move us on with the masters issue,running masters only racing has no champion within Cycling Ireland and untill such a champion is found the issue will be payed little more than lip service,may be their is an opening for you here Northener ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

wav1 wrote: »
    Useless information time.The guy who made the presentatin on behalf of Kanturk and the motion,is the author of the great book ''an ras''.Tom Daly usually has his homework done,and i would imagine his original motion was quite comprehensive.
    I spoke to Tom and I agree I think they will have everything in order

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Northener

I dont hold out much hope of anything other than a one race masters IC race for the age groups what will be agreed coming from this and yes its a start,but saying "it is up to Cycling Ireland to implement it" will not move us on with the masters issue,running masters only racing has no champion within Cycling Ireland and untill such a champion is found the issue will be payed little more than lip service,may be their is an opening for you here Northener ;)

One of the most important developments at yesterdays AGM that some of the Southern based members might not have noticed was the election of Anthony Mitchell to the board of CI. His club North Down CC is the leading proponent of Masters Cycling in Ulster.He has a background of running BIG cycling events. Watch this space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Northener wrote: »
    One of the most important developments at yesterdays AGM that some of the Southern based members might not have noticed was the election of Anthony Mitchell to the board of CI. His club North Down CC is the leading proponent of Masters Cycling in Ulster.He has a background of running BIG cycling events. Watch this space.

I think anthony will be a great addition to the board. Usually what happens is board members take a spoke of the strategy and work on that.

It is inevitable that CI will embrace masters racing sooner rather than later. As I said before on here when I was on the board we should have a vets body in Munster, Connaught and Leinster. When I asked ulster they felt they had enough events for vets anyway. I think if those bodies are pout in place then the masters setup could be progressed.

Advertisement