Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

I think anything by Dermot Kennedy is annoying. Go way with your angsty ould sh!te bah

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Anything by Adele. I can't stand her moaning songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I heard 'Believe' by Cher being blasted out of a shop today... was hoping I'd go the rest of my life without hearing that horror show ever again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Most Christmas songs, overplayed, on shuffle in shops and pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CaboRoig

Anything by Lily Allen with her annoying fake cockney accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

More irritating are those that try to defend it, it really is terrible, I’d imagine most of the team must be embarrassed to be forced to sing it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. Not sure why, but I've hated it since I was a child.

And I actually love great disco; Randy Crawford, Jackson 5, Chic, Donna Summer, all brilliant. I will survive just winds me up.

My missus abhors Don't Stop Believin by Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I don't know the name of it and I'm not gonna Google it, in case even a tiny piece of it gets transferred into my head again . . . It was by Victoria Beckham.

Please don't post back suggestions to which of her songs it may have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,665 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I don't even remember her having a solo career

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

99.9% of Christmas songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Cher is a great singer imo but I'll never understand how that song became so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember that one, it had a really annoying chorus and head wrecking auto tune effects on her vocals to try and hide the fact that she can't sing.

I never really loved you anyway by The Corrs.

The lyrics are actually quite good. It's the tune and imo Andrea Corr although very beautiful has no passion in her singing voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Fairytale of New York by Ronan Keating

Maniac 2000

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,892 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Keating should really have been given better advice then to have a go at that..an iconic song ffs

maniac 2000 ughhh that’s hate-able too,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I hate this song so much that I've just posted about it in the Adverts We Despise thread also.

Pocket Full Of Rainbows, as I've already mentioned.

Even that grossly annoying percussion at the start of the song which sounds like a plastic box being tapped just chips away at my ears and the amount of times it's on the tv and the radio is almost torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Candy - Ash .... Just fúckin hell

Born In The USA - Bruce Springsteen. Sorry Bruce but I detest it

Come On Eileen - Dexy's. Overplayed and overrated for nearly 40 years now

Walk Of Life - Dire Straits. Ruined a good album

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler. Just turn around and fcuk off!

My Hips Don't Lie - Shakira. Brassy crap that reminds me of people who call their daughters Shakira

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah , don’t be sad ,.. mam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Rock DJ by Robbie Williams, played to death since 2000. It seems to be on the playlist of every mainstream radio station in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

At least they seem to have forgotten about Angels as "the best song of the 90s"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

'The Best' by Tina Turner.

Blurred lines *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The autotune vocal break when she sing the word 'Bee-leeeeEEEeEeve' actually sends a horrible shiver down my spine, every damn time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

That song by Adele.......

You know the one... She has 17 different versions of it , different names though ...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That woeful Fleetwood Mac cover.

Up there with the worst thing I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Looking at Jules Holland New year's hogmanay so whatever that s*ite Ed Sheeran is is singing

Not a good way to start 22'

Brutal show this year but that gimp is an absolute poo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Most songs on sunshine fm .they seem to have about 150 songs which they play on rotation. I mostly listen to podcasts or talk radio on rte or bbc radio. I think most xmas songs are ok as long as they wait til december the 1st to play them. Its hard for people working in shops who have to listen to whatever radio station the boss likes . I think if you are over 30 years old spin fm is painful to listen to

a mixture of rap and edm music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭DBK1

That Tom Grennan song, Little bit of love, that Today FM insist on playing a minimum of 10 times a day. It’s actually not a bad song but Today FM have ruined it by overplaying it. I’m convinced the must be getting paid to play it so often. No matter what radio station I have on now, if I hear that song coming on I immediately switch to a different station.

Advertisement