Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

You get what you give by The New Radicals - A one hit wonder tune that's been played to death since 1998.

Also A girl like you before by Edwyn Collins - Played to death since 1995

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Galway girl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

"The Key the Secret" by Urban Cookie Collective. I worked in nightclubs around the time and I heard it all the time. When I stopped working in them I thought I would never hear it again. Unfortunately it gets plaid on oldie stations now, while I don't listen to such stations the amount of places playing radio is quiet high so I still hear it regularly enough some 25+ years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ill be riding shot gun bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I never liked that "Pocket Full Of Rainbows" song from the first time they used it on a Lotto ad a few years ago.

And now because the Lotto ads are on non stop on both the telly and the radio,I absolutely despise that song from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Ireland’s call

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The bingo wing brigade national anthem

proud Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Mika - Grace Kelly.

I dont know what it is, but I just hate that song. And now this thread has planted the earworm for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,894 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

absolutely hate the Mundy version or indeed any other pub singer doing it....

saw Steve Earle though in ‘14 or ‘15 in the Olympia and his own version as played that night was a rocking beast of a joyous thing...

Seeing as you only ever tend to hear Mundy though on the radio here doing it...I can see why it grates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Well you won't have to worry about hearing R Kelly songs again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's Raining Again by Supertramp. I had a job when I was 18 that involved doing the milk in Tesco at 6 am. That song would always be playing while I got myself covered in gone off milk.

Thankfully I never hear it anymore because it’s old but Madison Avenue- Don’t Call Me Baby. It was never off the radio when it was out and I hated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,894 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You’re In My Heart by Rod Stewart.... lyrics are as cringey as fûck, melody is annoying and beyond bland but somehow is a favorite of certain ‘grinners’ of certain generations... almost everything Rod did in the ‘80s was cringy but that takes the biscuit...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Puts on fake heavy metal voice “ after the news we’re gonnnaaa play some muuuughtaaaalicaaaaahhh”

then nothing else matters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

All Summer Long, Kid Rock. Horrible song that can't be improved by sampling from two classics. Hes a complete knob head as well.

Jason Derulo - Take you dancing

Beyonce - crazy in love

Anything by little mix

Galway girl

A lot of Ed Sheeran's music

The list could go on and on really

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

My Silver Linings

by First Aid Kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Manic 2000

Want it that way backstreet boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Used to be Giants

Memories by Marron 5

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Everything made by Justin Bieber... I just find it bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭trashcan

Whaaat ? Edwin is a legend, and that’s a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am sure this will have been mentioned many many times here:

"Summer of '69"

Anything by Rush- that whiney voice does my head in

Anything by Fleetwood Mac (post about 1970)

"Where the lion sleeps tonight" or something. Not sure of the correct title but I hate it

Chumbawamba or whatever "I get knocked down"

Oh yeah..."Brown Eyed Girl" Van Morrison

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Anything by Bruce Springsteen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

For me,the most unlistenable singers right now are.....

The Kid Laroi

Dermot Kennedy

Tom Grennan

Shrieking and whinging in a grainy, squeaky and croaky voice seems to be a trend which many singers are adopting and to my ears it the most grating, irritating and repulsive thing to listen to,so much that I think my ears are allergic to it.I could pick any song of theirs but I could be here all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Edwin has plenty of songs but this is the only one that ever seems to get air time. I'm just sick of hearing it.

Thinking out Loud is another one I can't stand. Still being played to death on radio. It's one of the most boring songs I've ever heard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anything by the one eyed folk. They can f*ck right off.

Anything by the black eyed peas aswell actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭passatman86

Sam sparro - black and gold

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

"Where the lion sleeps tonight" or something. Not sure of the correct title but I hate it

Beware ! the urge to sing that is just a whim away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,669 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

God that giants song does my head in. It's got those sharp changes and annoying affected voice that seem to be very popular right now.

The way he says "yuuuurrrrrs" makes me wanna go on a rampage

Advertisement