Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Toploader, Dancing in the Moonlight.
    Maroon 5, She Will Be Loved.
    The New Radicals, You Get What You Give.

Aaaaaaaagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

On Galway Girl, I hate it when you're at a wedding and the band play it live and the DJ plays it as well.

Songs I never want to hear again:

Nickelback - How you remind me
    Proclaimers - I'm gonna be (500 miles)
    Ronan Keating - When you say nothing at all, Life is a rollercoaster
    Nelly Furtado - I'm like a bird
    R Kelly - I believe I can fly
    Anything by The Script

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Honey" by Bobby Goldberg. Half sung, half spoken, all tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Any of Ellie Golding's tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I'm Yours by Jason Mratz. Hate it with a passion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I only hear ever one song by the script on the radio, they had one hit.some songs are just overplayed by certain radio stations. Any Jon Bon Jovi song. I like Dido, she has a beautiful voice and she pronounces every word clearly.
    No one should play bobby goldsboro, s song Honey, ever again unless as a joke.
    Gilbert ó, Sullivans song Clare.
    It just sounds weird now. About a 12 year old being in love with her uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

No man. It was defo late summer 96. I can be certain of that because I got my LC results at the time.

I believe he died a few years back.

You are right . 1995 and 1996 are kinda like a blur to me, two great years back to back . I did put “ish” at the Nd of 1995 as I wasn’t too certain

Things went bang and wallop in 1997 - end of Brit Pop, Fr Ted etc. Things got a bit meh and Spice Girls really took over along with that fat dancer from Take That

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Watermelon Sugar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Take That- Let it Shine
    You Give Me Something- James Morrison
    She's so Lovely- Scouting for Girls
    Firework- Katy Perry
    Tik Tok- Kesha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,099 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Lemon tree - fools garden

https://youtu.be/Va0vs1fhhNI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

You are right . 1995 and 1996 are kinda like a blur to me, two great years back to back . I did put “ish” at the Nd of 1995 as I wasn’t too certain

Things went bang and wallop in 1997 - end of Brit Pop, Fr Ted etc. Things got a bit meh and Spice Girls really took over along with that fat dancer from Take That

There was a definite dip in quality from 1996 onwards. 1995 was an excellant year for music but from 1996 onwards there has been a downward slide save for the few exceptions here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You're beautiful: James Blunt.

Galway Girl, Fields Of Athenry, Ireland's Call.
    Any Provo song.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anything by AC Dc - over played on juke boxes in bogger bars

In the air tonight - Phil Collins (most of his tunes bar the cheesy Easy Lover - that’s actually good )

Enya - the amount of RnB and hip hop punks who sampled her Whale music is crazy (likewise the above Phil Collins tune )
    Overplayed songs in general.

Santana - Smooth. Great song but so overplayed I'll need another decade or two before I can hear it again.

Easy Lover, think of it as a Philip Bailey song and you can consign Phil to the dust bin where he belongs.

Enya - I don't like samples and just ignore them. They make me like the original better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You're beautiful: James Blunt.

Galway Girl, Fields Of Athenry, Ireland's Call.
    Any Provo song.
    Galway Girl, - overplayed

Ireland's Call. - a song both sides can hate equally and with good reason, bland as f***

Fields Of Athenry - The only good version is the Century Steel Band one where they use the tra la la from the Banana Splits in the chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

The problem is that radio stations have a set list.

Let's play something from guns'n'roses so "Sweet child of mine" gets played ( I'm a huge gnr fan and there are much better songs than this).

The Cars, so "Drive" gets played, what's wrong with heart beat city.

I stopped listening to commercial radio year's ago so don't care what never gets played again, I won't be hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The problem is that radio stations have a set list.

Let's play something from guns'n'roses so "Sweet child of mine" gets played ( I'm a huge gnr fan and there are much better songs than this).

The Cars, so "Drive" gets played, what's wrong with heart beat city.

I stopped listening to commercial radio year's ago so don't care what never gets played again, I won't be hearing it.

God I listened to the radio one Saturday night as I was driving. Never ever again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

There was a definite dip in quality from 1996 onwards. 1995 was an excellant year for music but from 1996 onwards there has been a downward slide save for the few exceptions here and there.

1997 was the second best year in the 90's. So many great albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I absolutely cannot stand the sound of Dermot Kennedy's voice,so ANY song of his is a song I never want to hear again.

Add Tom Grennan to that category too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Madonna Vogue,i love Madonna but i hate that song.Its the only song that gets played on the radio.She has much better songs.

Any Van Morrison song,he just sounds so miserable.

Hotel California is doing the rounds on Classic at the minute.I would rather cut my ears off than listen to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

anything by David Gray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Dance monkey

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Tonight's gonna be a goo-ood night!

I hate it so much. On the up side haven't heard it in ages, but at a certain point in time it felt like i couldn't get through a day without hearing it

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

American Authors - Best Day of My Life

Hozier - Take me to Church

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

+1, can’t stand them. The best way to sum up the sound would be if you let an owl loose in a wind chime shop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Don't listen to music radio any more, music is now more of a set of playlists so you can still throw these kinds of songs into random mixes and be occasionally surprised by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hate Dermot Kennedy's voice. Some of his songs are okay on first listen but then become so jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Manic 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

@Capt'n Midnight "Fields Of Athenry - The only good version is the Century Steel Band one where they use the tra la la from the Banana Splits in the chorus."

Even a ska vibe can't rehabilitate that god-awful dirge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

We could be lifted.

Spicegirls.

Chombawomba.

All Robbie Williams.

All M people.

All Bon Jovi. Oh god does Bon Jovi stink. (shudder).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You. Hate it.

Advertisement