Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Groove is in the heart by Deee Lite. Stupid horrible song and video.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Heard this pile of sh1te on the radio a week ago and it was stuck in my head for 24 hours, torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrible song, the delivery of the verses and the jarring jump into the chorus are enough to make it insufferable even when you don't listen to the lyrics. But, boy, throw in the lyrics and you've got this horrific baby boomer masturbatory mess like no other.

It was used pretty brilliantly in Parks and Recreation during the scene where Leslie tries to break Ron down though, I'll give it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Fairytale of New York, and Band Aid.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Maniac 2000. I thought I was free at last, but no such luck. That embarrassing nightclub DJ voice hasn't aged well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

All things rap, i cant stand that sh@te.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Bohemian Rhapsody
    Irelands Call
    Fields of athenry
    You'll never walk alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Jcb song....ffs

Wagon wheel....I live in a rural area and there's a few gas characters that love singing this every fcuking night they go out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    System of a Down - Chop Suey!
    Green Day - Basket Case
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Motorhead - Ace of Spades
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

blueser wrote: »
    Fairytale of New York, and Band Aid.

Prob the only 2 Christmas songs I like :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Sometimes I feel like throwin my hands in the air...I know I can count on you"

I dunno how many remixes of the original exist,and I dunno how many times the song has been covered.There is actually one version which I find really funny-a clubland/rave version with some random singer,the music is fast and out of tune and they completely murder it :-)

The same could be said for "Unfinished Sympathy" by Massive Attack-still overplayed after all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Craig David Bo Select and that other awful song 7 Days. I never understood why anyone liked his songs or did anyone? Apparently he has finally forgiven Leigh Francis for ruining his career :)

Anything by the Black Eyed Peas, the lyrics and their music repulses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

That Cheerleader song makes me want to pull my face off, as does Blurred Lines.
    The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
    Aslan - Crazy World
    Sawdoctors cover of Sugababes, How I Feel About You Now
    I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy or whatever he's calling himself now.
    Saints and Sinners - Paddy Casey (mentioned a few times).
    War Is Over - John Lennon
    Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
    The Hustle - Van McCoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭pavb2

Jimmy the Hoover - tantalise (Wo Wo eh yeah yeah)

http://youtu.be/Bdk8PQsRPUA

Stuck in your head for the rest of the day? this has been in mine for the last 27 years and threads like this don't help.

I do think however it could reach cult status like Rick Astley especially if you look at the dancing in the video (which I've just simulated when I walked into the kitchen) and a catch phrase something along the lines of the Tango ad . . . 'You've just been hoovered'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Angie I fcuking hate and also Hallelujah, particularly Jeff Buckley's version.
    I honestly can't stand Hallelujah either. The tune is mawkish; the lyrics are all over the place, even throwing in self-references such as that "major fourth and minor lift" as the chords changes follow exactly that pattern. Insufferably "I'm so smart" smug and up its own ass, that bit. There's a sex scene in there too, no idea why.

Another one that needs to go away: Adele and Rolling In The Deep. She has a voice like the siren on a fire engine: two settings - zero and eleven - with nothing in-between.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Fields of Athenry is ok when sung slow and serious as it was meant to be. But that fast version with the hey baby let the freebirds fly bit is something I cannot stand. Who the hell originated that thing?

Ógra Sinn Fein ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

That Galway girl bastard song. I despise it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The JCB song just **** back under a rock where ya came from ...also that **** friday one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. I really like Queen but this song ruins nights out for me. Overkill.

"I've Got a Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas. Overplayed and it's pure crap.

Anything by that gimp Sia. I don't even think she speaks English in her songs. Seems to mumble everything over a backing track.

"Let Her Go" by Passenger. His voice is so fúcking grating.

Nicki Minaj. Anything by her. Christ. Her attempts at rapping with that faux English accent is annoying and strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

The two most popular songs that I will change the station on the radio if they came on would be..

Manic Street Preacher's 'Motorcycle Emptiness'.
    The Strangler's 'Golden Brown'.

No idea why, but can't bear to hear either song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The JCB song just **** back under a rock where ya came from ...also that **** friday one

Never heard this JCB Song. It has got to be either from Richie Kavanagh or Seamus Moore. All these plant hire employees I know are always playing CDs of these type of songs and they sing them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

99 Red Balloons go by , by NENA

Someone like you ... ADEL

The whole of the Moon...Waterboys ( I f***king hate that song )

That Galway girl bastard song. I despise it

That was everywhere at one stage and one could not get away from it. It has died down in more recent times it seems. It for me depends on who sings it but it has been covered by a lot of boyfolk type Irish country and western singers I do not like.

fryup wrote: »
    Ógra Sinn Fein ??

Most likely. The words of these new versions of Fields of Athenry go like this:

Low lie the fields of Athentry where once we heard the small freebirds fly
    Oh baby let the freebirds fly!
    Our love was on the wing Sinn Fein
    We had dreams and songs to sing IRA
    It's so lonely round the fields of Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,113 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Candyman - Christina Agui-whatever
    Anaconda - Nicki Minaj
    MMMBop
    Anything by Justin Bieber I just cant remember any names of his songs
    Oh yeah, God save the queen, probably the most depressing national anthem ever invented

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Anything by Megan Traynor is atrocious
    Don't go Hothouse Flowers, do go and stay gone
    All of Sam Smiths catalogue, just constant whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Hold Back The River".

Tries to sound like some all time classic gospel song or somethin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

wagon wheel and anything by the Saw Doctors, Richie Kavanagh and Rubberbandits also come to mind!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    System of a Down - Chop Suey!
    Green Day - Basket Case
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Motorhead - Ace of Spades
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

seriously???!!! ah man :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ella Henderson - I keep going to the river to poo (Ghost)

Advertisement