Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs you never want to hear again..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Happy by Pharell.

I've a habit of turning over the radio when anything by the Script is on.Not the worst music but just winds me up.

I'll happily sit in silence rather than listen to anything by the Original Rudeboys/ORB/whatever they're calling themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

The Gambler
    Wagonwheel
    Bad Moon Rising
    Anything by Meatloaf
    Galway Girl
    Anything by Cher
    Anything by Belinda Carlisle
    Anything by every commercial boy band ever created
    Anything by the Spice Girls
    Anything by sir Cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any of that Richie Kavanagh mucksavage bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"This Love" by Maroon5 (I may have posted on the earlier pages of this thread).

I worked a GO job in a factory for the summer, all we had was a radio for company on a 12 hour shift, this song was played pretty much every hour on radio stations (or more realistically during every presenters show) it seemed so frequent. It was generally just after the hourly news too.

Strangely there are two songs I first heard when I was sick, Romeo by Basement Jaxx and some other one by Snow Patrol, that when I hear them now I still feel faint symptoms come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

kfallon wrote: »
    Any of that Richie Kavanagh mucksavage bollocks!
    Ah Chicken Talk is gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedPandaDan

Bruno Mars
    Pharrell Williams
    Adele

Anything and everything by the above.

I still cannot understand why the theme to Skyfall was on radio so much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

All things rap, i cant stand that sh@te.
    Music is like a box of chocolates.

To enjoy it you've to remove the wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

anything fka twigs does - what the heck is that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Gambler
    Wagonwheel
    Bad Moon Rising

For these songs it depends on who sings them. They are way too common which means all manner of bad acts end up doing them, usually of a bad Irish country variety. Those versions are dire for sure.
    Anything by Meatloaf

Meatloaf is ok.
    Galway Girl

Indeed. Got mighty sick of this. It was and is everywhere.
    Anything by Cher

Do not know what these 2 do.

Definitely. That whole movement of boybands, girl bands, boygirl bands, boyfolk irish country, and ex boy and girl band singers going solo has ruined music.
    Anything by sir Cliff

Like his early stuff, hate his later stuff. Nothing worse than an older singer compromising to boyband pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The Gambler
    Wagonwheel
    Bad Moon Rising
    Anything by Meatloaf
    Galway Girl
    Anything by Cher
    Anything by sir Cliff
    Are there any songs you actually like or do you just hate singing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran, cant listen to it anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

chickity china the Chinese chicken, have a drum stick and your brain starts ticking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

That f***ing Cheerleader song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Music is like a box of chocolates.

To enjoy it you've to remove the wrappers.

Spot on Captian.

Happy by Pharell.

I've a habit of turning over the radio when anything by the Script is on.Not the worst music but just winds me up.

I'll happily sit in silence rather than listen to anything by the Original Rudeboys/ORB/whatever they're calling themselves.

The Original Rudeboys are indeed awful. Just looked their songs up now and they are brutal. They are yet another boyband but disguised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

"Shut Up and Dance With Me".

I've a feelin that this is gonna be a one hit wonder,and we all know what the radio stations do with one hit wonders.

"Sometimes I feel like throwin my hands in the air...I know I can count on you"

I dunno how many remixes of the original exist,and I dunno how many times the song has been covered.There is actually one version which I find really funny-a clubland/rave version with some random singer,the music is fast and out of tune and they completely murder it :-)
    And now we have a bleedin TV commercial version of this song.

No escape!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

There's a song (for want of a more accurate word) being played on the radio at the moment by a band (I use the term loosely) called The Weekend (bleeding of course that's what the sh1tfvcks called themselves) called "Can't feel my face".

The talentless cretin's face will be buried six miles from the rest of his body if I ever get my hands on the cvnt.

If maggot vomit had a sound. This'd be it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself is one of the better pop songs released this year, but it really is overplayed at this stage, I'd like to go a little while without hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The song on the Eir ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Dustin's next release. And all his earlier ones. Fucking talentless bird!

"Shut Up and Dance With Me".

I've a feelin that this is gonna be a one hit wonder,and we all know what the radio stations do with one hit wonders.

Yes, Shut Up and Dance With Me and all the rest of that Derek Ryan muck I never ever want to hear again. Bad boyfolk at its very worst.

Dustin's next release. And all his earlier ones. Fucking talentless bird!

I sincerely hope this is not going to happen! We have managed just fine without that talentless canvas bag for 7 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

BOHtox wrote: »
    The song on the Eir ad

This bolloxology is my pet hate at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader, she is always right there when I need her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Our God reigns. Vomit.

Willfarman wrote: »
    This bolloxology is my pet hate at the minute.

The new Eircom ad song sounds 100% an African song sung in Irish. I don't mind it personally. As far as I recall, this or something very like it was also used on the ads advertising the Eircom shares back in 1999?

Kodaline-"Ready".
    His voice in that song is really annoying.

Adele-"Hello"
    She has got to be the most depressing,overrated one-trick pony ever,even though she is the complete opposite in real life of what she is in all of her songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its kinda like The One Song you Absolutely Despise thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Not a popular opinion at this time of year but oh dear Lord how I do hate "Fairytale Of New York". Depressing cry in your beer bollix

Advertisement