Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Scarlets vs Leinster Rugby, Friday 06th Sept 19:05, BBC Wales/RTE.ie

Options

Comments

tolosenc wrote: »
    I just remembered that I'm going to the soccerball tomorrow... :(

banned

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

durkadurka wrote: »
    Me too . Feck it anyhow .

So are Brolin and Dahlin still playing for Sweden?

Oh Leeds. Boy did that go well. "Don't make me run. I am full of chocolate".

What a wasted talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So anyway, in the proper sport tonight......

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    So anyway, in the proper sport tonight......

I have money on Fitz scoring the opening goal.... Back of the net!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone know a pub that will play this and NOT the football, ideally dont want to have B1tchball playing in one of my ears for the second half.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

h4867F86C

Wait.....what!?

anyone know a pub that will play this and NOT the football, ideally dont want to have B1tchball playing in one of my ears for the second half.

ah c'mon now.

I'll be dual screening

Now now, he who hath not sinned may throw the first ball.. or something.

Kiely's should be showing it. If you're on the Northside maybe Woolshed or Living Room.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ah c'mon now.

I'll be dual screening

I lost interest in football at an early age (could have been the fact I was forced to follow Torquay United and was shunned socially as a result). Will pubs defo even show it, given its a hassle to get on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I lost interest in football at an early age (could have been the fact I was forced to follow Torquay United

that's not far from abuse, there

• Advertisement

Now now, he who hath not sinned may throw the first ball.. or something.

Kiely's should be showing it. If you're on the Northside maybe Woolshed or Living Room.

McSorelys or Smyth's wi;; hopefully have it on, if not, cans and a laptop. Maybe Rte player on the PS3

McSorelys or Smyth's wi;; hopefully have it on, if not, cans and a laptop. Maybe Rte player on the PS3

I think the RTE Player only shows past shows, not live? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

O'Connor is probably worried about losing the dressing room after three games, just like Schmidt did.

He he, made me chuckle. <mod snip> I guess Hook will always have to live down that unfortunate comment...not that he probably cares too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Swiwi. wrote: »
    He he, made me chuckle. <mod snip> I guess Hook will always have to live down that unfortunate comment...not that he probably cares too much.

I doubt he remembers or cares. He spouts what he thinks is flavour of the month. Bowe doesn't have the pace to play international rugby. Ireland were better equipped to win without BOD on the field as they'd be captained by a "real man" (and that was ROG, not POC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Buer wrote: »
    I doubt he remembers or cares. He spouts what he thinks is flavour of the month. Bowe doesn't have the pace to play international rugby. Ireland were better equipped to win without BOD on the field as they'd be captained by a "real man" (and that was ROG, not POC).

Yeah, he's definitely a commentator to take with a grain of salt. I'm not sure he spouts what he thinks is flavour of the month, rather anti-flavour of the month, so that it gives the appearance of arcane knowledge. I'm always amused to see what gems he brings up about NZ, usually a bit treacly sweet. In his favour, he has been watching rugby since Webb Ellis picked up the ball (he was spectator at that match, according to his memoirs), so he has reasonable knowledge of very former players...

na apparently they will play it live... i'm led to believe...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2013/0828/470828-rte-rugby-on-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rte broadcasts live if it's on Rte 1 or 2. But it isn't. So unless they create another broadcast it might not be a goer.

na apparently they will play it live... i'm led to believe...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2013/0828/470828-rte-rugby-on-tv/

No what I mean is RTE Player and RTE Live are two different things. The PS3 only has RTE Player on it, which shows previous shows/matches, not live.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Rte broadcasts live if it's on Rte 1 or 2. But it isn't. So unless they create another broadcast it might not be a goer.

Yeah that's it, they're creating a unique stream on the RTE site, nothing to do with RTE live or RTE player afaik.

Hook is great though.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's it, they're creating a unique stream on the RTE site, nothing to do with RTE live or RTE player afaik.

ah i see, well thats pants

ah i see, well thats pants

Yeah. Would be nice if they had RTE Live on the PS3 though - would mean you could watch HD matches through a decent HD device.

Yeah. Would be nice if they had RTE Live on the PS3 though - would mean you could watch HD matches through a decent HD device.

If you have a HD TV and a laptop or PC you can stream across a HDMI cable and it will be fine.

I have a HDMI cable running from my PC through the wall to the back of my TV and it streams HD no problem. Sound and everything comes through the TV (acts as an extended screen).

PM if you want help setting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Hook is great though.

Dians ross better prop than Mike Ross. Good old George. Hilarious.

If you have a HD TV and a laptop or PC you can stream across a HDMI cable and it will be fine.

I have a HDMI cable running from my PC through the wall to the back of my TV and it streams HD no problem. Sound and everything comes through the TV (acts as an extended screen).

PM if you want help setting it up.

i have a mac and need a stupid displayport converter, might bring the laptop into a pub and take over a corner.

i have a mac and need a stupid displayport converter, might bring the laptop into a pub and take over a corner.

Kielys have confirmed they are showing it anyway if it's of any use to you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

shaungil wrote: »
    Dians ross better prop than Mike Ross. Good old George. Hilarious.

My favourite Hookism was on the radio on the Friday before a Munster v Leinster game in Thomond. Apparently, Munster would win because their players were more closely connected to their local communities and would meet the ordinary fan after Mass on a Sunday, whereas the Leinster players didn't have that bond and the jersey didn't mean as much. It was jaw-dropping stuff (and nonsense since Leinster went on to win).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The problem with Leinster is they always try to walk it in.

Wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

My favourite Hookism was on the radio on the Friday before a Munster v Leinster game in Thomond. Apparently, Munster would win because their players were more closely connected to their local communities and would meet the ordinary fan after Mass on a Sunday, whereas the Leinster players didn't have that bond and the jersey didn't mean as much. It was jaw-dropping stuff (and nonsense since Leinster went on to win).

Still one of my favourite moments was when in 2011 he said Schmidt was getting nowhere as Leinster coach and Leinster and Ulster had no chance of getting out of their groups, but Munster would be able to get uot. And of course the opposite happened and Leinster won the thing, and Ulster were knocked out by the eventual finalists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

tolosenc wrote: »
    The problem with Leinster is they always try to walk it in.

What was O'Connor thinking sending on Ross so early!

Advertisement