Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Scarlets vs Leinster Rugby, Friday 06th Sept 19:05, BBC Wales/RTE.ie

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Any highlights or anything online?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Grimebox wrote: »

There's a lot if I individual clips up on YouTube under the Pro12 channel. They should have a highlights clip up at some stage too. RTE should have it on player shortly as well given that they showed it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Grimebox wrote: »

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/10308.php#.Uisr7D_pySo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

tolosenc wrote: »
    For the benefit of me and durkadurka, were we any use? And have we turned into Munster getting 3 yellow cards?

Just watched it now. What a performance from O Connell. Didn't do a thing wrong .

If we can sort out the scrum and our defence we might do ok this year.

The soccerball was gash though.
    The highlight was the Swedish fans singing
    " go home to your ginger wives"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just watched most of it.

Gopperth looks like a pretty class signing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just watched most of it.

Gopperth looks like a pretty class signing!

I'd add the caveat that it was only a league game against the Scarlets, but I'd tend to agree. All the basics are there, he can kick, pass, makes good decisions and that should all stick no matter who you're playing. Didn't see much of a running threat but that could have just been the game. Very happy with his first outing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

danthefan wrote: »
    I'd add the caveat that it was only a league game against the Scarlets, but I'd tend to agree. All the basics are there, he can kick, pass, makes good decisions and that should all stick no matter who you're playing. Didn't see much of a running threat but that could have just been the game. Very happy with his first outing.

Doesn't have the running threat of a Madigan, but what he does have is a potentially better aptitude for getting the most from the runners around him I'd say. Madigan can sometimes try to do it all himself a bit much.

This is potentially a good thing though, as they're different players for different situations.

Also has Sexton's great skill of following the ball and influencing play twice in a move.

For eg:

& Sexton:

Also, interesting to see how many times we used the skip pass from 10 in an attacking sense. More than I've seen us use it in recent times anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

That tackle attempt on Toner is gas.

The thought process must have been: "You're too big to tackle, I'll just run into you so, you big tree".

Advertisement