Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Has anyone figured out to how to open that panel in the asylum yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Spear wrote: »

Not that far yet, still on chapter 1 looking for hidden stuff. Does it get harder? Playing in Uber and they enemies do seem to go down very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just picked it up for €43 on the US PSN. Can't wait to tear into it.

Up to chapter 3, this is good, very good so far.

It's by no means ground breaking but what it does it does very well. I imagine it would be very very easy on anything lower than Uber though.

Just picked this up today and discovered there is a whopping 5GB update to download for the game.

I am looking forward to playing the game but I am really getting sick of these huge updates (especially on release day!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the one under the stairs? Go around to the stairway and shoot the chain off from between the steps, make sure you've killed the guards first otherwise you'll bring them all down on you

I have a soft spot for the wolfenstein trilogy (Return to Castle Wolfenstein, wolfenstein and now The New Order) they have that nice mix of old school and modern shooters that I like (the half life series is another example) and the games do know how to do secrets and do them well.

Though new order really tests my patience the enigma codes are going to be a massive pain if I dont want to use the internet and am looking at this right
    . I dont recommend getting them in your first playthrough cause you need to get the codes and then look around each area you got a code and look for clues as to what the numbers you need to input to make the code work, for example in the police station and prison there are codes on the wall written in chalk that say stuff like 7X8 = 56, frankly going back now I'll have a hard time a) finding the points in the map where I found the intel and b) finding and working out these clues. These extra game modes better be amazing to justify the amount of bloody work you need to do for them :D

also
    no third timeline by refusing to choose :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh damn our rubbish xtravision , I wasn't waiting so I went to gamestop, had €20 voucher to use up there anyway but still I was planning on using it for MS credit or something. I did get the Occupied Edition though, It has some photo prints one is of nazis in that iconic stroll across Abbey Road :D , has a card holder and a travel guide booklet.

How much did you pay for that edition in Gamestop?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the one under the stairs? Go around to the stairway and shoot the chain off from between the steps, make sure you've killed the guards first otherwise you'll bring them all down on you

I have a soft spot for the wolfenstein trilogy (Return to Castle Wolfenstein, wolfenstein and now The New Order) they have that nice mix of old school and modern shooters that I like (the half life series is another example) and the games do know how to do secrets and do them well.

Though new order really tests my patience the enigma codes are going to be a massive pain if I dont want to use the internet and am looking at this right
    . I dont recommend getting them in your first playthrough cause you need to get the codes and then look around each area you got a code and look for clues as to what the numbers you need to input to make the code work, for example in the police station and prison there are codes on the wall written in chalk that say stuff like 7X8 = 56, frankly going back now I'll have a hard time a) finding the points in the map where I found the intel and b) finding and working out these clues. These extra game modes better be amazing to justify the amount of bloody work you need to do for them :D

[/SPOILER]

also
    no third timeline by refusing to choose :(

Those were easy to figure out in terms of solving them , finding them is a whole other matter entirely, to solve them simply
    multiply the number so 1:1 = 1 1:5 = 5 if the number is greater than 9 say 8:2 = 16 then you add 1+6 to give 7
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How much did you pay for that edition in Gamestop?

69.99 It was the only one they had actaully , no standard editions on the shelf. Killed me to give them that much though there was 15% extra on the trade ins with my pals level 3 loyalty card :D

Did anyone find
    The Wolf 3d
    level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just played the first level so far, and the game is excellent so far. One little annoyance is that you have to use a button to pick ammo etc, as opposed to just walking over it.

Also, love dual wielding weapons, which makes it easy to cut through enemies.

So far have gone in guns blazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wes wrote: »
    Just played the first level so far, and the game is excellent so far. One little annoyance is that you have to use a button to pick ammo etc, as opposed to just walking over it.

Also, love dual wielding weapons, which makes it easy to cut through enemies.

So far have gone in guns blazing.

Part of the need to manually pick up stuff is due to the health mechanic, and the user of over charging your health. Otherwise you couldn't control the timing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Part of the need to manually pick up stuff is due to the health mechanic, and the user of over charging your health. Otherwise you couldn't control the timing of it.

Yeah, that make sense. I guess it must have been to much of a pain to have auto-pickup for weapons, but not health,

Do any of the perks reduce the speed overcharged health discharges :confused:

Seem to discharge too quickly to be of use in most situations.

Health packs make me happy, love that old skool mechanic.
    Please say there is no recharging health ala COD BS?

Picked my copy up in Smyths...come on 4.30pm...
    Only problem is a the massive X1 patch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its not regenerating health in the halo sense, but it recharges your health back to the nearest thing of 20, so if you have 31 health it'll put you back up to 40.

One other comment I have, is that so far I haven't felt cheated when I died. Anytime I did, it was because I did something stupid like wade out in front of 4 or 5 guys at once, and I deserved it. I haven't gotten arbitrarily killed by a stupid mechanic or inbalanced enemy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have made it to the Asylum Chapter 2?. Died so many time in the first level and know I have missed loads of stuff.
    I have just made it to the outside door of the asylum and keep getting killed by those flying turrets loosing ammo Am I meant to fling a grenade into the amoured car they come out of.

I am loving the game but must finish it before next week and Watch Dogs come out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One of those I'll pick up in a few months for 20 quid or so.

I have made it to the Asylum Chapter 2?. Died so many time in the first level and know I have missed loads of stuff.
    I have just made it to the outside door of the asylum and keep getting killed by those flying turrets loosing ammo Am I meant to fling a grenade into the amoured car they come out of.

I am loving the game but must finish it before next week and Watch Dogs come out

I assume you are doing the same thing I was and staying on the porch using the pillars fro cover?

One the soldiers are dead make a break for the car on the far left , you should get the job done more easily from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked it up today on ps4. Only 4 more hours of a 14 hour shift before I'm home to start it.

Glad that I had heard nothing about it before release. Saw a trailer today and bought it. Always good to try a game for myself with no hype either good or bad to cloud it for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Bandit 6

Picked it up today, reminds me of the old pc game collecting the gold cups! Good game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Was just playing it there. Noticed that my copy had EU after the title. I've then noticed that I haven't seen one swastika while playing it. Is this because it's outlawed in Germany? Pretty unfair on the rest of the continent. I liked the symbolism in the previous games..not that I condone that type of behaviour at all at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Bandit 6

Was just playing it there. Noticed that my copy had EU after the title. I've then noticed that I haven't seen one swastika while playing it. Is this because it's outlawed in Germany? Pretty unfair on the rest of the continent. I liked the symbolism in the previous games..not that I condone that type of behaviour at all at all.

Ive seen a few so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Only Germany and Austria have the nazi free version

I've even seen the Führer himself in the
    Hidden wolf 3D level
    :D

Speaking of easter eggs, keep your eyes peeled on chp 7 for
    vault 101

Edit: actuallylike where did you get your copy? If i recall they won't even be called Nazis if it is a censored copy , it will be the regime I think.

They have said the game is other wise the same , and changes are purely cosmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Bought this yesterday and planned to set it download last night. Decided to check how download was progressing before I went to work this morning only to find out I had paused the download before I went to bed [to check out a watch_dogs video] and had never resumed it. Thank god I checked it this morning, hopefully it will now be completed by time I get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm specially liking how the game hasn't so far forced stealth onto me at any point. Its encouraged, but you don't have to, and theres no instant game overs if you get seen by a guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So whats peoples impressions of the game so far?

Really would like to play it myself. Had alot of fun with Wolfenstein on the original xbox and the last wolfenstein was good too (dispite not completing both... pssh need to go back)

So whats peoples impressions of the game so far?

Really would like to play it myself. Had alot of fun with Wolfenstein on the original xbox and the last wolfenstein was good too (dispite not completing both... pssh need to go back)

Ticks all the boxes for a very decent single player experience, pacing , story , voice acting and gameplay are all solid.

calex71 wrote: »
    Ticks all the boxes for a very decent single player experience, pacing , story , voice acting and gameplay are all solid.

I'm so pleasantly surprised at the all round quality and I have only played the first couple of hours....
    There is loads of variation.
    What I'm loving so far;

1: There are loads of secrets to find that make you think.

2: Ammo pickups, looting and health packs!!

3: Each area is indicated by a map which is initially greyed out until a transcript is found and there are multiple ways to approach a given situation (Stealth / or gun blazing or even a mixture of both).

4: I'm pacing myself to fully explore each area. It's been a while since an FPS with considerably structured focus still allowed for some level of exploration (Ala Bioshock 1 / 2).

5: I'm genuinely surprised at the quality of the story / voice acting so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As it set in the 60s. any side missions to deal with hippies?

Advertisement