Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Bogey team striking again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Its predictable now.

Likely a very tough road ahead now, not that home advantage played much part this season.

Knew it was their day when on the drive for Gurleys TD they fumble the ball twice and somehow recovered it twice.

As mentioned on the Green Bay thread we now have the strange scenario that when they play the Vikings next week, the winner gets the Seahawks and the loser gets the Redskins in the wildcard playoffs!

Assuming the Cardinals beat us next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

TheDoctor wrote: »

As mentioned on the Green Bay thread we now have the strange scenario that when they play the Vikings next week, the winner gets the Seahawks and the loser gets the Redskins in the wildcard playoffs!

so we're still in with a chance? (Sorry still coming to terms with rules & regulations)

• Advertisement

Playoff spot was secured last week. In reality the last two games mean little with Arizona also winning the division.

Two games next week will decide where we go first, us at Arizona and Vikings @ Packers

Johnny Hekker was mic'd up

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

I think that we'd be better off with GB in the wildcard.

Cousins seems to be stepping up the last few weeks with the redskins and the Packers are getting worse week on week.

Either way we'll have to play the Panthers at some stage I reckon.

SB seems be destined to go back to the NFC again this year, but hard to predict who it will be.

Where was this playing last week?

Bloody Rams

Big statement going into next weekend. Considering we should have Lynch, Kam and maybe Willson back too.

Congrats to Russ for setting franchise season records for TD passes and passing yards.

• Advertisement

And we head to the Vikings for the second time in a few weeks.

6pm Ireland time next Sunday, if we win we play the Panthers 6pm the following Sunday.

There'll be no Xbox played in our house next Sunday evening!

Given the circumstances, the Cards game didn't count for much, but we'll go into the Vikings game with a win and confidence at least. Hopefully the injured lads will be back too.

There'll be no Xbox played in our house next Sunday evening!

Given the circumstances, the Cards game didn't count for much, but we'll go into the Vikings game with a win and confidence at least. Hopefully the injured lads will be back too.

We'll hopefully know if Lynch is back today.

Talk about him online is that he's fully fit, just not bothered about coming back.

Others saying he's due back to join the team today.

If he comes back with a bang, I can't see us having any troubles until we face the Panthers (Hopefully in the NFC game)

The committee RB situation worked very well last night, but as we know Playoffs bring nerves too, I don't know if I trust any of them, especially Brown in the playoffs. Lynch on the other hand, how could we not trust him :D

From what I've heard Lynch is back today. Carroll does an interview Monday morning which is usually up around 6ish so should give an update.

Re. the Panthers we would play them in the divisional round as we are the lowest seed.

Cjs21 wrote: »
    The committee RB situation worked very well last night, but as we know Playoffs bring nerves too, I don't know if I trust any of them, especially Brown in the playoffs. Lynch on the other hand, how could we not trust him :D

Michael surprised me last night, in a good way, but we really do need Lynch back, even for next week. The Vikings have been improving all season.

Stayed up to watch the Vikings @ Packers game last night. Awful football bar a bit of excitement in the fourth.

On yesterdays performances we should be too much for either, Redskins to do the Packers next weekend wouldn't be a surprise to me at all.

"Marshawn Lynch - Ready To Rock"

Seems promising for Sunday!

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Stayed up to watch the Vikings @ Packers game last night. Awful football bar a bit of excitement in the fourth.

On yesterdays performances we should be too much for either, Redskins to do the Packers next weekend wouldn't be a surprise to me at all.

Cousins is playing outstanding football for the past month or so, and if the Packers play any bit like they did again Arizona then the Redskins should win it comfortably.

Bold call but, I think it's possible that it'll be a Seahawks v Chiefs Super Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Not good from a Vikings perspective. You guys are probably the team the rest of us would least like to play in the whole league at the moment.

I don't think anyone expects it to be a similar result to a few weeks back but there is an air of confidence around the organisation at the moment.

We went from a 2-4 start to 10-6 in a massive turnaround in form.

Defense and offence both clicking.

Just need to not get complacent and have a Rams esque performance, especially now with people talking us up.

Going to be about -17C for the game. It might be about which team can play in those conditions.

• Advertisement

On a normal days weather I couldn't see us loosing.

This could throw a curve ball in proceedings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't think the weather makes much difference to be honest. Certainly don't think either team has an advantage due to the weather.

Injuries could be an issue

Lynch didn't travel. B****x.

Apparently he did a full days training Wed, Thurs and Fri.

Rumours of issues between him and some of the management. Could have seen the end of Lynch in Seahawks uniform.

Minus-7 degrees in the stadium according to the seahawks website. Jesus, that's cold. I don't think they're gonna be at a disadvantage because it's not like the whole viking team live in that all year round, but it's gonna be a tough game all round.

Could become a messy game like the Steelers Bengals game last night.

I just cant see where the Vikings are going to score that much against us, stop AP like last time and Bridgewater isn't going to pass us to death. Just need the offense to get some points on the board.

Well this isn't going well at all...

Offence got nothing going so far

• Advertisement

My heart, my god my heart.

We have too many of these finishes

Onto Carolina we go...

Christ my heart

Advertisement