Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westworld (HBO/Sky Atlantic) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

chances are there will be some season 3 recap video go out before Season 4 starts.

Here's one I found

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'll probably do a rewatch of season 3. I'd be interested to see how it works when watched together, rather than week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Are there hints there in that trailer that the outside world may not actually be the outside world.....I'd really like for it to get back to WestWorld park again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've watched S3 twice but it definitely feels like the show was flying off its rails for half of it. I don't care if they go back to the Park per se but they need to find this shows footing again. I get that it devolves into Breaking Badguys own narrative where he's the hero of a revolution, but it got a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I loved season 1. Season 2 was ok but not as good. Season 3 wasn’t my favourit.

But I honestly can’t remember where exactly we are at and what plot lines are important. Season 1 was the most straight forward in that the twist was easy to remember but the technical and twisty elements of 2 and 3 have me basically looking into 4 with no real idea of where we are to this point.

Is there any non book size explanations that summarises seasons and characters stories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

Is there any non book size explanations that summarises seasons and characters stories?

Gives an overall summary of the seasons, and has links for each episode, if you want to dig deeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Silence of the Lambs and Commissioner Gordon usher in the end of humanity over the course of 30 years by trying to chase immortality through robots/robots with sentience. Oceans 12 wants to rule the world with Quantum Computing; Breaking Bad is the White Savior of the Proletariat; Dolores and the Robots still just kinda wanna be left alone, either with no violence (Fake Commissioner Gordon) or lots of violence and vengeance. Oceans 12 has been trying to steal up Delos the robot company since season 1, but he's unsuccessful because his human plants have been replaced with robot plants. Something something EMP, something something revolution, and the robots go off to form a robot civilization (After they get done fighting and killing each other with samurai swords and EMPs) with all the cool proletariat people to hang around. See, totally makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well when you put it like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭nc6000

Who is that in the white dress in the trailer, about 1:30 in and not Tessa Thompson? I've seen all three seasons but don't recognize her. I'm wondering if I should know her or if it's a new character. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The one with the hats on the wall? I presumed that was Talulah Reilly, the actress who played a host in a similar role in Season 1, and was part of Dolores' gang in Season 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭nc6000

Ah, it looks like it's her alright. Thanks

That trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

Looks very much like a continuance of Season 3. I would gladly have taken a reset back to a Season 1 type story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I think I'm out for sure at this point; too much guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Just finished a rewatch of all the series back to back and tbh I'm looking forward to this.

My first watch through I wasn't too impressed with series 3 but this time it really grabbed me. Miss the tavern music though although the music and always been good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Surly after this season the show will be put out of its misery. The first S4 trailer didn't get much traction and neither is the one that came out today.

It irks me that Raised By Wolves bit the bullet while this muck keeps on going.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From Radio Times

As in previous seasons, episodes will be dropping weekly rather than in a binge format. The episodes will be simulcast with the US here in the UK, meaning that as they air on HBO in the US on 26th June 2022, we will get them at 2am on 27th June 2022 on Sky Atlantic and NOW.

There will then be a repeat of each episode at 9pm on Sky Atlantic on the same day, for those who don't fancy staying up till the wee hours.

There is a serious lack of chatter or hype about this, like its months/years away from being released when in actuality its tonight.

So weird for a show that started off so good and still has a big budget (~100m per season)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The fact the show lacks a clear, simple, 30 second pitch at this stage makes it an impossible entity to keep or generate hype.

It has tonnes of money, and a stellar cast yet a script that's not as smart as it thinks it is. And watching Lisa Joy's Reminiscence, it kinda looks like a running theme with the writer/director.

The only reason I bang on about it is cos on paper, it should be an absolute barnstorming series: topical societal concerns, killer robots, HBO sex and violence. Sign me up. But it flubs every step, it's maddening.

Yeah that's it, I'm still hanging in there in the hope of a return to even anything resembling the specialness of season 1.

I feel the show tripped on the escalator leaving the park in season 1 and has been stumbling since.

• Advertisement

Watching the recap, and thinking I might've been better off not watching any, as it was pretty confusing and I forgot there were multiple versions of Dolores. Still undecided about watching the new season.

I find it funny a video recap of a single season is over 10 mins yet the official recap of all 3 seasons is only 3.5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

God this old thread aha, I missed the goodness from season1 dearly, it was a beautiful project - actually it was a standalone season so it was just perfect.

Season2/3 are pure frustrations and utter mess in all aspects (I couldn't finish them back then god they were too off putting) - "Joyless" as the street says about them - main downfall is obvious since Jonathan nolan no longer involved after s1.

Season4 - nobody talks about it after s3 so who really asked for this🤣 I am not going near it at all (unless suddenly miraculously well received...).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

Disjointed and confusing first episode, that require web sites to explain what the hell is going on.

We've long learned by now that Westworld gets a kick out of disorienting and confusing its fans to unholy oblivion, though it's often been in the form of dispensing and randomizing orbs from the robot brain gumball machine. ~~ Link

https://screenrant.com/tag/westworld/

WESTWORLD Season 4 Episode 1 Breakdown & Ending Explained | Review, Easter Eggs & Theories

^^^ That link will probably have episode breakdowns, so expect spoilers!

Post edited by corkie on

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4.1: I liked that. Started dark and ominous and then built up a foreboding feeling for a season to come.

Liked the emotional ending, I was like.. "Oh look!".

The Delores story was throwing me for a bit, thought I might need the recaps.. but think I'll get away without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I do like when they kick that music into gear..

Freeze All Motor Functions · Ramin Djawadi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Almost sure I saw Thandie Newton in temple bar on Sunday but I have absolutely no way of verifying it and it's been bugging me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Maeve has me interested to see how her story develops Delores(?) not so much she is so boring. Caleb better have a payoff too.

Advertisement