Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Rewards Returns!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just a reminder, new survey up, get them points.

The other rewards don't seem the best. Will get the extra 1000 points for getting 5 achievements in fighting games I think, be meaning to go back to KI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rizzla wrote: »
    Just a reminder, new survey up, get them points.

The other rewards don't seem the best. Will get the extra 1000 points for getting 5 achievements in fighting games I think, be meaning to go back to KI.
    Son of a ...

I just played KI last for the first time in months and a bunch of achievements just popped for playing (must have been backdated ones). If only I knew this was coming up :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where can I find the surveys?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where can I find the surveys?

http://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions/

On that page you should be able to take the survey. It's a bit down, but there should also be a link near the top.

New survey up. My May survey never registered even though I completed it. Ah well.

New punchcard and offers are crap. I hate the ones where you spend a lot of money and get a little back.

• Advertisement

Oh very dirty move by MS recently. They made changes to the rewards tiers https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3j6r22/xbox_live_rewards_change_its_requirement_and/

Total BS I was 90% to T4 and no I'm back to 0 on T1 :mad:

Yep. 95% to Tier 2 and now 0.

Apparently they are only counting purchases between 31. August 14 and 1. September 15 towards your VIP Rank, too. Excluding pre-orders, too. Yet another reason not to pre-order games.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey Folks,

Did anyone manage to grab anything from the Rewards anniversary thing https://rewards.xbox.com/anniversary ?

All I managed to get was a map pack for COD:Ghosts.

Their servers were hammered by folks trying to get something, and some decent giveaways too, like Dark Souls 2, Borderlands Collection etc... and some not so good stuff like avatar awards.

I am not sure if they are going to be updating it daily, but I thought I would mention it just in case

Hey Folks,

Did anyone manage to grab anything from the Rewards anniversary thing https://rewards.xbox.com/anniversary ?

All I managed to get was a map pack for COD:Ghosts.

Their servers were hammered by folks trying to get something, and some decent giveaways too, like Dark Souls 2, Borderlands Collection etc... and some not so good stuff like avatar awards.

I am not sure if they are going to be updating it daily, but I thought I would mention it just in case

Forgot all about it, and as usual with rewards it was total BS. Totally unfair.

Oh and the icing on the cake???? They are giving a 5% bonus to the MyVip thing so it's an extra 5% rebate on purchases until the end of the month, which bring me up to what it should have been before the changes :mad:

Oh and whats worse is you have to opt in , I sh1t you not!!!!!!! You actually have to opt in by clicking 'gimme 5' that page.
    Thank you for opting in!
    Your MyVIP pay-back boost begins now.

You've successfully accepted a 5% boost to your MyVIP pay-back until 31 December 2015. Use it to earn Bonus Rewards Credits on eligible purchases of games, films, TV programmes and more!

Oh and whats worse is you have to opt in , I sh1t you not!!!!!!! You actually have to opt in by clicking 'gimme 5' that page.

Don't get me started on the VIP thing, I went from a 4 star VIP to 1 star overnight, it was a bit sneaky alright.

Turns out I already own the map pack that I picked for my reward, so when I get the code I will pass it on here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Ive got 1,250 points and I'm a Champion, what do I get/ what does that mean

Rorok wrote: »
    Ive got 1,250 points and I'm a Champion, what do I get/ what does that mean

It used to affect the % reward you got when the scheme started if I recall but now? means nothing I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The survey was bloody long this month

Rorok wrote: »
    The survey was bloody long this month

Yeah definately came across as an actual one they wanted answers on as opposed to the usual one they cobble together for the sake of having one :D

I saw a while back they added new VIP Gems thingy which you can cash in for things like on MS rewards. Had over 700 and cashed them in for a 10k and 5k rewards points those just got deposited today for about €15 in store credit. Might be worth a look for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I saw a while back they added new VIP Gems thingy which you can cash in for things like on MS rewards. Had over 700 and cashed them in for a 10k and 5k rewards points those just got deposited today for about €15 in store credit. Might be worth a look for others.
    cheers for that. a quick check and I have just under a 1,000. might hold onto them for a bit longer.

Thanks - just noticed that too.
    They're also granting 'Gems' for purchases, for achieving 1,000 Gamerscore, and a bunch of stuff like that. So it can be easy to build up quite a few Gems to turn into Rewards Points to turn into Credit for your account.

If you're in Microsoft Rewards as well, you can earn MS Rewards points for digital purchases too. These MS Rewards Points are separate to Xbox Rewards Points, but can be traded in for Xbox Credit, game pass membership, etc.

Oh yeah just on the MS ones I got a message to say my account was suspended when I tried to sign up. Just logged a support ticket and it was sorted in a couple of days. I know some others had that problem too.

Xbox Rewards is retiring and becoming Microsoft Rewards - more or less the same thing, but you can get points for buying stuff in the Microsoft Store (physical store or online) and for using Bing, etc.

It's not bad, I've used it in the past to earn several months of Game Pass or Xbox Gift Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are converting your VIP Gems to rewards credit at a 1-1 rate though, which is a bit stingy

• Advertisement

I have gems to spend before the change over but everything is sold out. how can digital products sale out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Reward credits are back in stock!

Cheers had about 800 gems to use up, probably better off cashing them in for these and requesting a deposit than letting MS convert them ?

Jeebus folks thanks for the tip off, I had worried that these gems were going to go to waste when the conversion happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone having a problem with the Xbox site? When I click on survey or my missions the page just reloads and has a FAQ pop up open

I have 1500 VIPS gems and cant use on them on anything. so annoying!!:angry:

Folks,

The 10,000, 5000 and several of the other rewards have been re-stocked in the vault. Get them while you can.

Cheers,
    J.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got 15,000 points - cheers for the heads up!

good man. 25000 credits.

• Advertisement

Hey Folks,
    Just keeping an eye on the Rewards site to see if they re-stock again before the 15th.

But I noticed that they have given me 16000 credits for having MyVIP Star Rank of 5

Worth checking your accounts to see if they have done the same for yourselves.

Cheers,
    J.

Advertisement