Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Rewards Returns!

Options
  • 31-08-2013 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Details here http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Edit: this seems to be the way to go to earn credits !!!!
    For every new Xbox 360 game* you play for at least 10 hours, you'll receive 1,000 Rewards Credits

Considering the amount i play cha-ching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 2: small print
    *10 hours or more of gameplay must be completed within 30 days of disc-based game release. Full games on demand, Indie games, arcade games or other downloaded games do not qualify.
    Awwwww :(

They have also upped the gamerscore needed for top tier rebates to 75000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

calex71 wrote: »
    Details here http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Edit: this seems to be the way to go to earn credits !!!!

Considering the amount i play cha-ching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit 2: small print

Awwwww :(

They have also upped the gamerscore needed for top tier rebates to 75000

Sounds good, but gta5 and darksouls 2 will be my last two games i play on the 360, so im guessing this applys to only new games bought? hopefully it moves over to xboxone
    whats the last part about? rebates what?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Might download some apps I've never used and clock in the 5 hours on each to fill that punchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    whats the last part about? rebates what?
    Take a look at this: rewards.xbox.com/vip/

Before, I think they used to give MSP depending on your gamerscore. I can't remember the exact amount or specifics about it, to be honest. They've changed it to rewards credits now, and I think they added a new category for master. I think it used to be only 3.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Take a look at this: rewards.xbox.com/vip/

Before, I think they used to give MSP depending on your gamerscore. I can't remember the exact amount or specifics about it, to be honest. They've changed it to rewards credits now, and I think they added a new category for master. I think it used to be only 3.

couldnt see it yesterday as the computer i work on wont load it up
    but this doesnt bother me
    the last rewards programme was benficial to US people, were as EU people really only got points for survays and buying subs for online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

previously you got a 3% rebate in points on all marketplace purchases if you had 25000 game score i think, now you need 75k to get the 3%

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

signed up.

previously you got a 3% rebate in points on all marketplace purchases if you had 25000 game score i think, now you need 75k to get the 3%

only 3 percent:pac: for 75k :O thats fine percentage if your an achievement hunter but ffs i only play to chill :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no use to me, as it's years since I've bought a game within 30 days of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

no use to me, as it's years since I've bought a game within 30 days of release.
    It's also rather sneaky because in that section, it has a link "Show New Games" which links to the Games on Demand section on Xbox.com, but Games on Demand titles are not eligible for the reward (only Disc Based Games).

Bumping this up for those who are new and might not be aware of this , things have also changed since my OP. What reminded me is I went to buy something tonight and noticed €8.50 odd on my account.

They still have the survey each month for 250 reward points, now they offer a higher tier rebate based on if you have gold and how much you spend up to 10% after a while I also got 4000 points last month just for buying a season pass. I'm not saying go out and spend like made to get to the 10% but for anyone not signed up and spending money on digital content it's like going to tesco and not swiping your club card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Keep forgetting to do them survey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I see a new thing for the games with gold. 1000pts for playing them for 10hrs within the first 14 days. Is there anyway in checking how much you have played? On anygame not just Games with Gold? rockstars social club show for their games

I see a new thing for the games with gold. 1000pts for playing them for 10hrs within the first 14 days. Is there anyway in checking how much you have played? On anygame not just Games with Gold? rockstars social club show for their games
    It'll show how much you have played in SmartGlass. You have to reach the 10 hours in the first 14 days of the month.

Also (ahem), it doesn't actually check how active you are in a game during that time. If the extra electricity is worth the Reward Points overnight, if you know what I mean.

Also, a few times not ive recieved the email saying they tried to add the credits to my account. It says to check my billing info.
    All seems to be correct. Anyone have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

How much is 1000 credits worth? I have 1850 and requested a deposit.

How much is 1000 credits worth? I have 1850 and requested a deposit.

I googled it before and I think 5000 is like 5 us dollas.

I googled it before and I think 5000 is like 5 us dollas.

Sounds about right, I bought some season passes on sale at xmas and there was a reward for buying season passes so had 10,600 points and got a little over €8 deposited.

Has anyone noticed their progress towards the % rebate has been reset. I was at 3/6% and 87% of the way to 4/8% and now I'm back at 3/6% with 0% towards the next level :confused:

Sounds about right, I bought some season passes on sale at xmas and there was a reward for buying season passes so had 10,600 points and got a little over €8 deposited.

Has anyone noticed their progress towards the % rebate has been reset. I was at 3/6% and 87% of the way to 4/8% and now I'm back at 3/6% with 0% towards the next level :confused:

Not sure what that means but I believe rewards stopped for a few months last year. Any live codes I bought were not changed to points during that period. Perhaps it reset the progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not sure what that means but I believe rewards stopped for a few months last year. Any live codes I bought were not changed to points during that period. Perhaps it reset the progress?

if you were buying from marketplaces outside of your region you didnt get any rewards points.

if you were buying from marketplaces outside of your region you didnt get any rewards points.

Nope, bought in the local tescos:D

• Advertisement

It only tracks digital purchases in your region - not physical or from the Xbox Store in another region.

p.s. just a reminder that the February Survey is up on the Rewards site - if you want to claim a quick 250 reward points.

It only tracks digital purchases in your region - not physical or from the Xbox Store in another region.

Thats the thing, i purchased Gold by debit card before. I thought this would suffice. If i purchased microsoft points in a shop is this enough to show my currency?

Thats the thing, i purchased Gold by debit card before. I thought this would suffice. If i purchased microsoft points in a shop is this enough to show my currency?
    If I understand correctly, only purchases on Xbox.com or on the console itself in the region which your Rewards account is registered.

Anything that is bought outside of that, won't count.

Never done one of these punchcards before. Definitely gonna do the 20 hours of multiplayer gaming. Seems like easy credits.

New survey available. I managed to get my 20 hours of multi player gaming last month, thanks Titanfall!

Same handy credits, are they still giving some for playing the games with gold for 10 hours>?

Same handy credits, are they still giving some for playing the games with gold for 10 hours>?

Never knew that was a thing, would have given me the extra push to start them straight away if it's still the case.

New Survey up now. 10,000 points available for spending €129 on new games*, not worth it.

*new games are considered to be released within the last 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rizzla wrote: »
    New Survey up now. 10,000 points available for spending €129 on new games*, not worth it.

*new games are considered to be released within the last 30 days.

Whats 10,000 points, a tenner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Whats 10,000 points, a tenner?

closer to €8

Advertisement