Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Blood vs Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Good episode with a predictable conclusion.Laura M is unreal at RI,as usual Survivor overplay the mawkish sentimentality in relation to family members.How on earth did Ciera win the IC?Serious questions need to asked re the others puzzle solving abilities.
    Wonderful tribal yet again,Ciera and Hayden have developed into great players.Yip Monica had to stick with her alliance with the possible return of Laura M in spite of the trash talk.Gervase aggressive tone will indeed do him no favours.
    LOL re Hayden's comment re Katie,Kat will be a tad cross.
    A landslide final tribal for Tyson looks inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Kat will be pissed at Hayden's comment about Katie:D

Yeah somewhat predictable episode I did think Monica might flip though, the more the season goes on the more it seems Tyson is certainly winning. Gervase's trash talk will not endear him to a jury. I guess for Monica she was kind of stuck in that position when you consider RI, had this been a non RI season and the person just went straight to jury with no potential of a return of either Gervase or Laura than I think she might have booted Gervase.

I feel Laura will come back again, it seems like a balance type challenge and the women are always better at them and she is a beast at RI so I don't think the other 2 have much of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

WTF? This is finished on Sunday night. It only just started! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mister R wrote: »
    Gervase's trash talk will not endear him to a jury.

Yeah in Katie's Ponderosa video they mentioned not liking him at last week's tribal so I'm sure this week was no different.

Well that was a predictable finale,Tyson was worthy winner.won the last 2 ICs when he most needed to.Monica failed dismally to make a strategic move when she had the swing vote at the 2 tribals ,she was an emotional wreck at final tribal.Final tribal was a disappointingly tame affair.
    Loved Hayden's quote that he'd vote for Probst if Tyson,Monica and Gervase made final 3.In spite of the inevitability of Tyson's victory this was an excellent season.Disappointed there was no honouring of fallen comrades pre the final IC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

As expected, Tyson wins. Played a good game, but think he's a bit of an ass so don't like that he won.

Reunion show was a bit disappointing though, time wasting on Cochran and The Millers crap.

Also, Vytas revealed that he'd have voted for Tyson if it was needed, but knew Tyson had it won so voted for Monica as she deserved 2nd over Gervase.

titan18 wrote: »
    As expected, Tyson wins. Played a good game, but think he's a bit of an ass so don't like that he won.

Reunion show was a bit disappointing though, time wasting on Cochran and The Millers crap.

Also, Vytas revealed that he'd have voted for Tyson if it was needed, but knew Tyson had it won so voted for Monica as she deserved 2nd over Gervase.

Yeah it was a pretty disappointing reunion show,really sad about the Wesson's family tragedy.No indication of whom won the Sprint Player of the Season?Brawn v Brain v Beauty theme should be interesting next time around.Same location in Philippines for Survivor Cagayan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Post draw rocks I the only chance for Tyson not to win was if he didn’t get the final immunity and Gervase/Monica turned on him (which would have definitely been a good move for them with Tina there but something I don’t think they would have actually followed through with). Looking back Tyson played a great game, I think he’d be getting much more plaudits if he was more likeable/charming, he definitely deserved the win but I couldn’t bring myself to root for him.

Overall I enjoyed the season, I came in with very little confidence that ‘Blood vs Water’ concept would work but it really shook up the dynamics of things.

I don’t think sprint were sponsoring this season so no ‘fans favourite’/'player of the season' prize.

Next season has good potential, at minimum from the title we’ve some guaranteed eye-candy, I just hope they’ve gone out and found proper fans of the game and strategies involved who happen to fall into those three groupings rather than vice versa. Presuming three tribes at the start so it could make for interesting first few episodes between setting up camps and immunity/reward challenges given each tribes strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

While I enjoyed the season, I was a bit disapointed with the ending. Could not really cared who won to be honest.

Thought the after show was a bit boring too. Kat really did come across as dumb. I suppose as long as she is happy with her boob job. Thought it was funny when Hayden was leaving he was saying how he was going to tell his family that he loved them but just kiss his girlfriend, nothing about loving her.

If there was a player of the season I would give it to Laura.She was amazing out on redemption island and rocked it. I liked her. I would also like to see Sierra back. She did have some good moves.

I also have enough of Rupert/Gervais/Coltan...dont want to see them again. Oh and the Cochran bit....very boring.

Very sad about Tina's son, he was the image of her.

Looking forward to the next season now.

Wonder when it will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

noveltea wrote: »
    While I enjoyed the season, I was a bit disapointed with the ending. Could not really cared who won to be honest.

Thought the after show was a bit boring too. Kat really did come across as dumb. I suppose as long as she is happy with her boob job. Thought it was funny when Hayden was leaving he was saying how he was going to tell his family that he loved them but just kiss his girlfriend, nothing about loving her.

If there was a player of the season I would give it to Laura.She was amazing out on redemption island and rocked it. I liked her. I would also like to see Sierra back. She did have some good moves.

I also have enough of Rupert/Gervais/Coltan...dont want to see them again. Oh and the Cochran bit....very boring.

Very sad about Tina's son, he was the image of her.

Looking forward to the next season now.

Wonder when it will start.

It's normally the second Wednesday in February so I’m guessing probably the 12th February 2014.

• Advertisement

Pretty bland series for me, Tyson was too professional about it, you knew he was going to win from too far out, the rest I didnt give a crap about, the usual flock of sheep to the slaughter. When are they going to do a season of 100% hardcore Survivor fans no weaklings allowed? I said it before aswell, its not as entertaining when we don't see people scavenging and catching fish to survive.

It was okay though still entertaining and next season looks promising again, no Rupert for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I enjoyed the season a lot. Thought Tyson was great.

Looking to go back and watch some of the earlier seasons but they don't seem to be readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Caleb Bankston has been killed in a train crash. RIP

digitalspy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jesus that's shocking :/ RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Terrible news. RIP. Seemed like a genuinely top bloke.

Is this the first Survivor death? I don't recall hearing about anyone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Terrible news. RIP. Seemed like a genuinely top bloke.

Is this the first Survivor death? I don't recall hearing about anyone else...
    Omg that's such sad news. There was another survivor that died as well.
    Jennifer, she was on survivor Palau. She had cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

noveltea wrote: »
    Jennifer, she was on survivor Palau. She had cancer.

Oh no, I never heard about that. I re-watched that season recently - she was such a sweetheart.
    RIP to Jenn and Caleb, our fallen Survivors. :(

That is shocking alright RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

BB Anderson from Borneo died last year I believe also?

But yeah, top bloke, very likeable, was a bit invisible for the second half of season, nut none the less, shocking to see how someone so young goes so soon

Advertisement