Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Blood vs Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mister R wrote: »
    I reckon Laura M is coming back, next weeks challenge usually suits women with small feet.

All of the challenges have been in Laura Ms wheelhouse actually since she got there.

I'm not sure Vytas is as on the outs as we are led to believe by editing. Wouldn't be surprised if he has teamed up with Tina and Katie for when Aras returns at the merge, they'll be 4 strong with Aras and Tina both as previous winners to balance each other out.

Hope John comes back cause he'll really be a free agent.

You're on the money there re the Laura's chances in the next challenge,would'nt rule out John though.Mind you talk of an agent or should I say special agent sends an icey chill down my spine.:)
    Yeah you might be right there re Vytas,afterall Tina wants some grandkids.:D Tina's loyalty to Monica may be not as strong as the edit shows.Tagging her along for a 5 strong alliance may be required to counter Tyson's fantastic 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 norris81

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hoping John comes back as I reckon Ciera might flip on Tyson and head over to Katie. If her mom comes back, I reckon they'd both stick with Tyson, as neither would want to play with Aras.

I reckon Monica will be taken along, she's an important swing vote in what I assume will be a 5 person alliance with herself, Tina, Katie, Aras and Vytas for a final three. Could drag Ciera over if John comes back as I'd imagine John would go with the guys as he wouldn't ally with Monica.

Only one I'm unsure on is Caleb. He's already made a move to get rid of Brad, and I'm not sure he fits in with Tyson and Gervase, and he seemed to get along with Vytas.

Hopefully, will be a good post-merge game anyway, I've liked the season so far so hopefully it'll continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

John and Monica should form some secret final 2 alliance, nobody would see that coming :D

This is turning out to be an awesome season.From the offs I could not believe the stupidity of Tina in openly discussing the merits of Monica vis a vis Gervase as number 5 in their so called alliance,that went well!:pac:
    Vytas's belief in the gullibilty of other alliance members to swallow his guff came back to haunt him and Aras.The end game shone through in the edit via the brothers overconfidence and sense of invincibility.Their so called master plan failed,sir Aras lounged around on his hammock not bothering to check everything was good for the vote.
    Speaking of which Laura M has got to be the most annoying player in Survivor history,Ciera talks a lot more sense.Her irritating mother may hinder her final progression.Tina's young Kate appears to be developing a bit of attitude,maybe even personality.Bit late me thinks.:D
    Tyson at this stage has to be a lock down to win the game if he continues to play as well as he is at moment.Absolute joke the ease with which he found the HII,might as well hand it to him!As usual he added massive comical value with his conversation re the difficulties in having a short concise chat with Monica.Self eye gouging with a spoon,LOL.
    Enjoyed the IC,nice to resurrect the memory challenges.Vote was a done deal once Vytas won the challenge.This was one blindside I really enjoyed in spite of the fact it was so obviously in the offing.
    Vytas,Tina,Kate are next in the line for the chop and plenty of aggro in store.All to be washed down with some lovely food.

• Advertisement

Can't see Tyson winning it, Gervase is more likely. Tyson wouldn't get a lot of votes if he made it to the end imo

titan18 wrote: »
    Can't see Tyson winning it, Gervase is more likely. Tyson wouldn't get a lot of votes if he made it to the end imo

Not so sure titan18,his game reminds me of Boston Rob's when he eventually won on Redemption Island.I believe the vast majority of the jury would respect Tyson's game.He has been flawless thus far and in addition he is very likeable character even when he stabbing you in the back!:D

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not so sure titan18,his game reminds me of Boston Rob's when he eventually won on Redemption Island.I believe the vast majority of the jury would respect Tyson's game.He has been flawless thus far and in addition he is very likeable character even when he stabbing you in the back!:D

I dunno, I just can't see Tina, Vytas,Aras and possibly Katie giving him a vote. Tyson will be seen as the leader of that group, whereas someone like Gervase, Ciera, Hayden or Monica will make moves but Tyson will get the heat.

Pretty disappointing episode,to be expected with the 2 tribal councils.Hard to see where Katie has to go,Monica is gone crazy paranoid.Won't be long until she goes,looks like the boys are likely to dominate this season.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Pretty disappointing episode,to be expected with the 2 tribal councils.Hard to see where Katie has to go,Monica is gone crazy paranoid.Won't be long until she goes,looks like the boys are likely to dominate this season.

Aye, hate episodes with two tribals, less time for strategizing and people on the bottom to work there way out. Was a short time gap between Aras,Vytas and Tina all leaving, so no chance for them to break in there.

Hopefully Katie goes on some unlikely immunity streak or something or finds a way in somewhere as I'd like her to continue on, and Monica getting voted out as fast as possible would be nice. Let her get slaughtered by Aras and Vytas in redemption island

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think Tina missed a trick by calling out Monica. She should have tried to get her onside and in an alliance with the other mother/daughter pair - i.e all the girls

Another cracking episode,Tina showed why she is a past winner with her come from behind after her setback in the RI duel.This episode was all about Ciera and Laura M,Ciera really has the smarts.Surprised Katie did'nt locate the HII after getting such an obvious clue.Quite shocked with Tyson's rather blase attitude to whither she found it or not.
    Ciera really let her Mam down nicely re her likely vote out.Tad surprised that after she double bluffed Katie re the HII,she did'nt try to pull together an all girls alliance.She kind of let the cat out of the bag with Tyson although one suspects it was all part of the plan to camouflage Laura M's vote out.
    Not sure re the smarts of keeping Katie around much longer unless the ultra competitive Laura or Vytas can stop Tina re entering the game.
    Impressive performance by Monica in the IC,that bit of niceties/politicking with the regard to the reward won't save her unless she goes on a IC run.
    Next week looks interesting,a potential blindside of King Tyson.This is turning out to be a great season.

Tyson found the idol weeks ago, I believe there is only 1 in play.

The thing people should remember with Survivor is tons of strategy is edited out because its only 40 mins a week of an episode. So 3 days of strategy has to be condensed to give some clues and the odd red herring to what will happen at tribal. Way more theories and strategies are discussed by players than ever shown on camera.

Agree about Monica's gesture, nobody cared about Brenda when she did it.

Doubt Tyson will be blindsided because the preview was too obvious, with Hayden commenting about trusting Tyson this week I wouldn't be shocked to see Hayden get the boot next week if say Tyson played the idol or something.

Thought that was thick stupid from Ciera. A chance to get rid of Tyson and she goes and sucks up to him and guarantees she won't win. Looks like it'll be a stroll for Tyson to the win now.

Thought that was thick stupid from Ciera. A chance to get rid of Tyson and she goes and sucks up to him and guarantees she won't win. Looks like it'll be a stroll for Tyson to the win now.

Could'nt agree more,such an idiotic move by Ciera.She'd a chance to mix up the game and returns like a lapdog to Tyson.Definitely ruled out any chance of a win for herself.Thought Tyson was a bit more obnoxious/overconfident than usual this week.Admire Hayden and Caleb for trying to mix it up.Wasted use of the idol by Tyson,never thought he was in any real danger.
    Mother power reigned supreme on RI,Laura M's competitive spirit is admirable even alienating Vytas in the process.Monica's ability to win ICs makes her one hell of a bad ass although I think she have to continue to do it to avoid been voted out.3 IC wins makes her a huge threat if she makes it to the end.Hayden's desperation next week to dethrone King Tyson next week looks a forlorn hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For those of you that don't know, Taylor Wesson (brother of Katie Wesson and son of Tina Wesson) died today in a car crash.

Article is here:
    http://m.knoxville.com/news/2013/dec/03/knoxville-celebrities-wesson-taylor-collins-dies/

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

:eek::eek::eek:

Probably the craziest tribal I've seen. Great effort by Hayden to survive.

Serious move from Ciera, after that I think she has massively raised her chances of winning if she makes it to the finale (big if now I know). We saw Tyson's other side during that tribal, think he's hemorrhaging a lot of votes at this stage that I thought he had sewn up.

Very intriguing end to the season, unlike other years I don't think there's a clear favourite now with everyone outside of Katie & Tina (neither I see having a chance at making it back from redemption) having a legitimate shout to for jury votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

No idea what Tyson is doing, arrogance is nearly always your fastest route out of Survivor. Very good episode.

He's going to win, but Tyson is some assh0le. That last line to Katie was just uncalled for when he was only saved by not drawing the white rock.

He's going to win, but Tyson is some assh0le. That last line to Katie was just uncalled for when he was only saved by not drawing the white rock.

I’m not so sure, at this stage his clear best chance is to win at the end is with Gervaise & Monica sitting beside him, as I think given the makeup of the jury Hayden, Ciera or Laura M (if she gets back in) beat him.

At this stage with his optimal final three Monica has winning all the tribals as a feather in her cap but she hasn’t played the game strategically enough to get the win, however if Tyson continues on his bitchy, cocky style I think the jury could swing towards Gervaise, especially if after that Katie incident he also has a go at Ciera he could easily lose the ‘mother/daughter’ voting block of four jury votes which would be massive.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’m not so sure, at this stage his clear best chance is to win at the end is with Gervaise & Monica sitting beside him, as I think given the makeup of the jury Hayden, Ciera or Laura M (if she gets back in) beat him.

At this stage with his optimal final three Monica has winning all the tribals as a feather in her cap but she hasn’t played the game strategically enough to get the win, however if Tyson continues on his bitchy, cocky style I think the jury could swing towards Gervaise, especially if after that Katie incident he also has a go at Ciera he could easily lose the ‘mother/daughter’ voting block of four jury votes which would be massive.

I don't know, the jury don't seem to be heavily bitter and I think will recognise Tyson played a good game strategically and give him it. I'd love if he didn't win, but can't see Ciera getting to the final 3 and Hayden's only chance is if he wins immunity all the way to the end. Laura M won't win, she's been voted out twice already, Gervase is a bit of a d1ck aswell, and can't see winning, Monica has a chance cos of the challenge domination but then has done nothing outside of that.

That was one of the greatest tribal councils of all time.Epic effort by Hayden,was rooting for him.Not so sure Tyson will win now,he is losing jury votes hands over fist,very nasty at tribal.I do not think he will get any of the existing jury's votes,ditto Tina or Katie.Kudos to Ciera for changing her vote.Can only see Gervase,Monica and Tyson at final tribal..unless Monica flips.Wild guess that Monica will win as she will be have aggravated a hostile jury to a lesser degree and has been immense in the ICs.

Whatever happens I can definitely see Ciera and Hayden being brought back as returning players at some stage after that move.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ciera's actions need to be questioned. Why the change of heart this week when she had it in her power to guarantee Tyson's demise last week. Doesn't make sense and for all her talk about playing a tactical game she fails to see the big picture at times. This week she made a move that at best had her drawing for stones that could have seen herself go. Remember this tribal and last tribal are only days apart in terms of how they played out.

Tyson will be gunning for her now and given the choice she'll be gone before Hayden.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Ciera's actions need to be questioned. Why the change of heart this week when she had it in her power to guarantee Tyson's demise last week. Doesn't make sense and for all her talk about playing a tactical game she fails to see the big picture at times. This week she made a move that at best had her drawing for stones that could have seen herself go. Remember this tribal and last tribal are only days apart in terms of how they played out.

Tyson will be gunning for her now and given the choice she'll be gone before Hayden.

Yeah, they’re questionable from our point of view as we observe most of what’s going on but from her perspective I can understand where she was coming from with her decisions. She thought she was in tight with Tyson and he was going to bring her to the end so didn’t think she needed to rock the boat last week. I think everything after last week’s tribal started to fall into place for her to realise that she was at the bottom of the four person alliance due to Gervase’s choice for reward but more so stupid alienating comments made by each of Tyson, Gervase and Monica at this week’s council, with help from a bit of stirring from Hayden and Probst.

She could have sat it out and hoped that something came up that meant her getting third seat in the final tribal but I dont think she did enought prior to this to actually win it and I think this played on her mind as well.

I guess Ciera was playing to the jury with that move, must say it was great TV shame Katie had to go, would have been a nice power shift if Tyson pulled the rock because I can't see anyway he isn't winning at this point.

Gervase is a total joke, he's a sidekick to Tyson yet goes around talking smack talk, both him and Tina competed back when Survivor was a much different game to how it is today and I think that shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm rooting for Hayden to win now. If he can get himself to final 3, I reckon he'll clean up on jury votes. If he can go on an immunity streak, he could easily make it to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Tyson is showing his arrogance due to him having an extremely solid alliance. He has Gervase wrapped around his finger and Monica isn't gonna budge cos she'll be on the bottom of the Hayden/Ciera alliance like her current so it doesnt benefit her. If Monica flips either way she'll be on the bottom of the totem pole. The move from Ciera will be determined as a GOOD or BAD move in the next episode because if she doesn't win individual immunity I see her going out the door with a 3-2 vote. If she's to stay in the game she'll need to win to win immunity for the next 3 times unless she SOMEHOW convinces Monica to flip and split the vote 2-2 at the Final Four and force a fire-making challenge. Her mom will probably win at RI (unless Ciera is sent there next, her mom will let her win) but it'll be too late then because it'll still 3-2 when the returnee re-enters at Final 4.

Such a disappointment that Tyson is still in the game. Would have been amazing to see him rocked out of the game. If he's to win it'll be the first time since we've had back to back hated winners which he'll share with Cochran.

Fair play to Hayden for getting Ciera to go to the rock deadlock. Him, Ciera and Caleb (maybe) are definite returnees.

Doubt Caleb will be back since the show hate Colton, but yes Ciera and Hayden probably will unless they decide to stick Hayden and Kat on The Amazing Race, nobody has done all 3 CBS shows (BB, Survivor, TAR) so Hayden could be the first.

• Advertisement

Monica was put in a lose/lose situation there, if she stuck with her alliance she was being used and if she jumped to Hayden & Ciera she would have been seen as being used. Her best bet was to stick with her alliance as if the potential situation of Laura M coming back next came to pass it would be quite possible she wouldn’t even make final 3 (it could likely be Hayden/Ciera/Laura M).

Tyson seems to have rowed back the arrogance he showed at tribal last week, while Gervase’s latest explosion at tribal won’t have won him any jury votes. Really hoping it isn’t a Tyson/Gervase/Monica final tribal as it now looks like it would be a whitewash.

Advertisement