Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Blood vs Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 29-08-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

250px-Survivor27logo.png

Season 27 of Survivor (Survivor Blood vs Water) is due to air on the 18th September 2013.

Really looking forward to the return of one of my favourite shows,not so much the dreaded Redemption Island!

Interesting cast of returnees.....Tyson,Aras,Rupert,Candice and the previously despised Colton.I'm not convinced the whole concept of the castaways and their family members competing against each other will be a winner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't mind the idea behind it, but the cast are crap. At least Kat is nice to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

titan18 wrote: »
    I don't mind the idea behind it, but the cast are crap. At least Kat is nice to look at.

Ah Titan I think you're a tad harsh re the cast,quite like the line up.Really looking forward to seeing Tyson,Aras,Candice,Tina and Gervase again.Not so much Rupert the bear and the nasty drama queen that is Colton.He'll probably take up all the air time.
    Agreed re the lovely Kat,if I recall correctly,Monica too was particularly easy on the eye.:D
    Definitely willing to give the cast and concept the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Time to put rupert to bed for fecks sake, he'll never win it, the other Survivors will never let him get near the final vote, he's made enough $$$ out of it at this stage aswell, stupid american obsession with anyone who could be considered a celebrity (He does seem like a nice guy and he runs a successful charity he set up himself though). Im terrified we'll get a series sometime where they've changed the rules just for him and he's the "pirate captain" or some other lame excuse to improve his chances...

Still, cant wait, Fridays just dont feel right without an episode of Survivor and a few cans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

I was initally against this cast but now the more I look at them I don't mind them. Rupert is ridiculous, I don't know what CBS were thinking. Candice was an alternate to RC who's Dad failed a medical. I'm so mad they brought Colton back, I reckon CBS were giving him a soft edit on his original series to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised if he was more racially insensitive than he appeared.

From watching the videos of the cast Monica's hubby totally gives me a gay vibe :D I'm kinda hoping this season won't have a Brolliance, every year there are some meatheads who think they're amazing, Jeff loves them and they usually go early, cause they're morons. I guess Hayden, Candice's hubby and Monica's hubby could be bros but I'm hoping that won't happen.

Yeah real shame re Rob Cesternino, he would have been a super addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm excited by this season. Although I think it is either going to be a brilliant season or a complete failure, I don't see there being an inbetween !!

Rupert back again? Ugh! oh and Colton? Can't believe CBS let someone like him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant wait now, GTA V, Survivor, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, American Dad, South Park, Simpsons (meh), Homeland, Revenge, Big Bang Theory (meh) all coming in the space of one week!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Just thought id chime in my two cents here :)

When I first heard the Theme and Cast I really wasnt that interested in what it had to offer......but as always the closer we get to the start date the more interested I am!!

I have a few thoughts as to what will happen, thankfully I aint spoiled this year!! Whoop Whoop!!

Cant see Candice, Tyson, Colton and Kat doing well for the Returning Players, I can see Candice/Tyson being sent to RI straight away if im honest!

Rupert Aras and Tina wont win, neither will Monica, FACT!

So for me Gervase and Laura are the 2 most likely of the Returning players to do well.

Frankly all the potential swapping at RI before duels etc ruins the whole concept of "Once your voted out you are gone" the idea that you could swap out and rejoin the opposite tribe in pure baloney!!

For me, if the Family members come and play the game properly we could be in for a good season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Do they put the pairs in tribes together or split them up? It would be fun to have one tribe of returning players and one tribe of family/friends. That way, you eliminate all the pre-set, unbreakable teams and the tribe merge could be very interesting if you've teamed up with someone and your wife is enemies with their partner.

Split up, Returnees vs Family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Decent first episode, looking forward to this season! 27 seasons...the time does fly!

Amazed Colton wasn't first voted out considering how he played the last time. Hopefully he goes soon, even from the first episode can already see he's the same.

Bromance alliance already, and from how it's going, I think Brad and Candice's husband will end up screwed from it. I think Caleb will move under the radar, and Hayden and Vytas both seem pretty clued in.

Early prediction for the winner would be Vytas, Aras or Monica. They all seem quite strong and in control atm.

That was edited to look like an instant vote but on Parvati's Preview show it looked like they all got to have a little chat on the beach about who they were voting hence the majority decisions. I was so annoyed Candice got the boot maybe it was cause she was an alternate they felt she didn't deserve to be there or some crap.

John was somewhat dismissive towards the "NFL player keeping his locker room together" so I think it might be John who ends the Brolliance in the end.

I also reckon Vytas will win from this early episode, John also got a pretty big edit although I guess Candice was booted to RI. He got enough airtime despite not being in danger or big persona like Brad. I doubt Brad on the other hand will even make the merge.

I'm hoping next week will be the end of Rupert, I also want to see his wife gone soon too. They're both so pious and self-righteous. How did Gervase suck so much on that first challenge? I mean it was only 48 hours or so since he was in the hotel room bed munching on room service, how on earth was he tired/worn out???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Very interesting format this year. Ripe for conflict and drama especially come the merge when it'll be established alliances vs. family bonds. Decent first episode.

Not a bad first episode,please God save us from Rupert and his self righteousness.We get the message he's a nice guy and all loved with his wife,candle burning as strong as ever,yawn.She looks likely to be quite a weak player.Why on earth do they have to wear those awful t shirts,get the drift re his support for the troubled kids.
    Brad has a target on his back with his quite obvious jump into a leadership role amongst the guys...likely to irritate the others.
    Gervase will be voted out soon one thinks,Kate was lucky to survive the vote.Colton or should I say the zebra has'nt changed his spots,conniving as ever.Lazing around while his other half does all the work,bit of conflict in the IC with Kat.Can't believe how pathetic the returnee players were in the IC until the newbies messed up the puzzle.
    Save us from the awful RI.

One forum said Gervase, Aras and Tina had some pre-show alliance set up and the plan had been to vote Laura out at first tribal but when Candice replaced RC they decided to go for her instead. Aras however voted Gervase which could have been a distraction from the alleged alliance. I dunno if thats just forum crap or if the alliance does exist I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

Even though the players allegedly didn't know the tribes would be Veterans vs Family it would have been obvious to these guys that since the show is called Blood vs Water it would be likely that would happen.

God I miss Brenda..

Mister R wrote: »
    One forum said Gervase, Aras and Tina had some pre-show alliance set up and the plan had been to vote Laura out at first tribal but when Candice replaced RC they decided to go for her instead. Aras however voted Gervase which could have been a distraction from the alleged alliance. I dunno if thats just forum crap or if the alliance does exist I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

Even though the players allegedly didn't know the tribes would be Veterans vs Family it would have been obvious to these guys that since the show is called Blood vs Water it would be likely that would happen.
    I'd hate the idea that there would be any pre show alliance, very sceptical that there is any truth to it.

I think it is somewhat believable, I'm sure alumni do chat pre-show even with confidentiality agreements they are probably trusting of other former players. If that alliance does develop in future episodes I guess it would confirm that suspicion. It is an issue that could arise with all-star seasons particularly since the whole alumni circuit is a lot more connected with events and twitter these days than before.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    God I miss Brenda..

Bad news ElChe,I believe she's hooked up and at last sighting heavily pregnant! ;-) Nice girl but never quite got the whole Brenda frenzy!

• Advertisement

Yeah she had her baby not long after the last finale, she wasn't at the finale cause she was so pregnant. Although I'm not sure she is with the father, so possibly still single.

Yeah she had her baby not long after the last finale, she wasn't at the finale cause she was so pregnant. Although I'm not sure she is with the father, so possibly still single.

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

Ya, apparently Gervase and Aras are good friends. After Gervase's first week performance, I can't see it lasting too long anyway.

Vytas and Aras look far and away the two best players on the show this year. I'd be shocked if one of them didn't win.

Notice how surprised Tina was when Colton said Gervase wanted to vote Aras out. Then they get a 5 person alliance but watch, those 3 will likely stick together, seems those rumours were true of a pre-show alliance.

I cant stand Ciera and Katie's natural bitch faces. I actually liked Rachel (hope Tyson switches I'm so-so about him). Why is everyone threatened by Laura M.? Its weird how much they all want her gone.

Upside to this episode was seeing the back of Rupert :D I really hope the newbies can win an immunity next week just so they don't get demolished.

God this was such a whiny episode -_-, they've been apart like what 3 days and the teary american bullcrap is hitting hard from the start -_-. Yea glad Rupert is gone. I don't know I just can't get into this season.

This season needs more Brenda.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    God this was such a whiny episode -_-, they've been apart like what 3 days and the teary american bullcrap is hitting hard from the start -_-. Yea glad Rupert is gone. I don't know I just can't get into this season.

This season needs more Brenda.

Just got to wait for Colton to go, and it'll be grand. As much screen time on Kat, Katie's tits, and Aras and Vytas strategies and be fine. Also, won't like it if Candice goes.

Yip delighted Rupert the Bear is gone,only have to listen to his wife whining now.LOL re Gervase's comment to Colton about the lack of need to strategize until they have to vote somebody out.
    Candice was really impressive in RI challenge,less impressive Doctor John and his dubious attempt to keep Rachel,keeping Tyson out of RI.The mens alliance have him well sussed out.I would have expected him to find the HII with that clue.I think he'll be voted out soon.
    The 5/3 returnee player alliance should stay tight.
    Aras's brother definitely has the potential to win the game.
    The gay Russell Hantz's divide and conquer is doomed to fail,a leopard never fails his spots..He is'nt competing with novices but seasoned players.It's amazing what a **** stirrer he is,a fan of harmony he ain't.
    Likely to be a titanic struggle on RI with Candice and Tyson locking horns according the promo.
    Family members tribe badly need to win the IC next week.

So happy Rupert is gone, I have nothing against the guy, but he takes up a huge part of the edit, with Colton (hopefully) crying his way off next week we'll have 2 camera whores gone!

There is a lot of potential here, much more so than than last season, Aras, Monica, Gervase (for entertainment) Tyson, Candice all showing themselves to be decent returnees than last season's (production) Favourites!

Brad is getting a lot of air time, but thats due to who he was in life, not on the island, Vytas is going to go far, and I would say Caleb and Ciera arent dead in the water either!

Marissa has got good game for RI also, and I really hope Candice lasts a good while there!

#teamvytas #teamcandice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I've never watched a season with Redemption Island before - how does it work exactly? I understand that the three people there do a challenge every week and the last player goes home, but what happens to the people who stay there? Do they keep doing challenges? When do they return to their tribes?

Advertisement